Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why will you not answer the question? By the CBO report 30 million will STILL not have insurance, obama said ALL AMERICANS WILL....

But thye won't, why is that?

I know people like you run from facts, and people like youlove to bash the right when provided with FACTS, but get over it...you are lying, and if you still believe that those 30 million will only be in RED states you are wrong....
gee whiz............I wonder why. Maybe the president ran into a few speed bumps when trying to get it to pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 07:49 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
gee whiz............I wonder why. Maybe the president ran into a few speed bumps when trying to get it to pass.
It passed with no rebubs, what speed bumps? Please inform us....

Old 08-10-2013, 07:57 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,713,084 times
Tell us why was it not passed as the President proposed it? Why was it changed and amended? Are you willing to admit any of the realities of politics? or are you going to hold fast to the fantasy that the President got what he wanted?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The OP isn't looking for answers. This is a thread with no substance designed merely to insult the President.

I'd like to know if the OP is unemployed living on a small amount of money how he was going to pay the high COBRA insurance premium payments that the old system used to handle the unemployed.

Nobody claimed that Obamacare was the ultimate solution or is perfect but it is better than we had and the best we could have gotten out of Congress.
1. The thread opened the door to substantive discussion for those who want to participate constructively.
2. The OP might easily be one of the 30 million that will still be uninsured.
3. Since Obamacare isn't the ultimate solution, Congress should have read the bill and fixed the flaws and serious shortcomings before they voted on it. That's being responsible.

Voting affirmatively for something one hasn't read is "acting stupidly", to use one of our own President's notable terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
If Obamacare was the best compromise they could manage, every single person who voted for it should be removed from office. Obamacare is a travesty which puts even more of a burden on a middle class that is already struggling. Quite frankly, the people who voted for it should face criminal charges, but I realize that will never happen.

Obamacare is nothing short of a disastrous ponzi scheme that funnels money to the exact same corporate masters who liberals complain about on a daily basis, yet because it is a "progressive" idea these liberals are supporting it in complete defiance of their own sense of integrity.

I find it both ironically humorous and disgusting that even the people who support this stupidity are hoping that it will fail so that we can "get something better."
very well said. Thank you.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,411,456 times
Kinda OT but: Taxpayer dollars going to free health care for american CITIZENS who need treatment is a good thing in my book. It actually serves a purpose and accomplishes something, unlike some other welfare programs.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:36 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
We're used to Obama lying left and right about Benghazi, Obamacare, the IRS scandal and too many other items to mention.

But as long as Pelley, Sawyer & Williams endorse his Nixonesque level of nonstop lying.....

Old 08-10-2013, 09:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Obama needs them paying for the unlimited free health care of others.

Interesting that Obama let his beloved illegals off the hook when it comes for paying for his Obamacare, they can have unlimited free health care and will not be expected to pay and will not be fined for not paying for it.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:33 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The OP isn't looking for answers. This is a thread with no substance designed merely to insult the President.

I'd like to know if the OP is unemployed living on a small amount of money how he was going to pay the high COBRA insurance premium payments that the old system used to handle the unemployed.

Nobody claimed that Obamacare was the ultimate solution or is perfect but it is better than we had and the best we could have gotten out of Congress. Want a better system like universal health care? Then vote for more liberals to replace the existing members of Congress.

I obviously decided to not get Cobra last year because I couldn't afford it

Old 08-10-2013, 10:56 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I obviously decided to not get Cobra last year because I couldn't afford it
So it's the fault of "the system" that you weren't savvy enough at your age to have backup savings to get you through a period of unemployment? Save the smacks.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
So it's the fault of "the system" that you weren't savvy enough at your age to have backup savings to get you through a period of unemployment? Save the smacks.

Yeah like I was going to really use my SAVINGS for some medical expenses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies