Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Unfortunately it appears that many children from an early age start train their parents.

LOL, you got that right.....ain't that the truth now a days....

I have definately seen that....and don't you hate it, when your out shopping and the parent is explaining over and over again to the child, and the kid isn't listening, doesn't care in the slightest.

For me, it was "Because I said so!" period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 08:31 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
I make more of a mess than that when I go out to eat and I am 37.

If you own a restaurant expect there to be messes otherwise get out of the business.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
just a couple of rambling points.

first, I honestly cannot remember ever being interupted by some kid at another table in a resturant. Not once.

I do have children and I do remember going out with them and their behavior getting out of hand (by our standards) and having to deal with that. I do remember occasionally them making a mess. We cleaned it up as best we could and made sure the wait staff knew about whatever little was left that needed additional cleaning.

We did reach a point where we just didnt go out to nice places with the kids because they were too young to be expected to sit quietly for extended periods of time. We chose to either eat in, or go to places that were kid friendly. As they grew older, our options have expanded. (Most folks do this. its called parenting.)

I cannot fathom parents walking away from thier kids messes. I cannot fathom parents letting their kids get so out of hand that it disrupts other peoples dining over an extended period of time. I cannot fathom a parent of a small kid who cannot be expected to act like an adult taking the kid to some place nice to eat and expecting everyone else to just deal with their choice because they "need to get out".

mind boggling.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
did you ever notice, that those who are so incredibly intimidated or offended by these threads are the ones who allow they're kids to get away with this type of thing? They get so nasty and defensive, instead of discussing the thread and issue logically, then they start throwing insults, calling names....
Incredible...and
Funny isn't it...
More like sad and pathetic than funny.

The sad part is that there are good parents that raise well behaved kids that are plesant to be around. Now that some places are banning kids during busy periods, the good parents are punished along with the bad.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
More like sad and pathetic than funny.

The sad part is that there are good parents that raise well behaved kids that are plesant to be around. Now that some places are banning kids during busy periods, the good parents are punished along with the bad.
yup, work with a man who says over and over again, "some people just shouldn't be parents!"

and I agree with you...it's sad....but I cannot say as I blame the owners, yanno?

Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and I am so glad...we took our mom out to dinner, one evening, for her 90th. There was a family sitting near us, who were so loud, she could not hear what we were saying. We should have complained to the hostess, but she didn't want us to cause a fuss. However, now I wish I would have...so many people forget how to be polite and how not to invade the space of others...which also speaks volumns about their upbringing.

I'm so glad I was strict with my son, military strict actually, he turned out to be such a nice person, and his daughter is the same, very proud of they're parenting.

I remember waitressing and marveling at the behavior of some kids, how polite they were, quiet and thankful. Thinking, that is the way I'm going to teach my children. And I complimented the parents, feeling they should be proud, they were doing good by they're children for when they grew up, those kids would also carry on the discipline.

Nothing worse then a bratty screaming kid.
By not complaining and not asking to be moved you are condoning it.
If the mgmt doesn't become aware that this bothers people they will do nothing about it.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
From the article in the OP:

[SIZE=5]
Quote:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Local mothers, who believe that cafe's need to [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]be more tolerant of young children[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][/SIZE]Read more: Rainy Days Caffé owner shames mom for messy children by posting picture of floor on Facebook | Mail Online

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

ummmm...... why does a business owner need to be more tolerant of YOUR children? This is the problem right here, I don't have to tolerate your little snot nosed misbehaved brats if I don't want to. There is nothing worse than going out for a peaceful meal somewhere, possibly with a loved one, and having some crying baby or screaming kid as background noise.

Find a babysitter or stay at home, that's my view.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I make more of a mess than that when I go out to eat and I am 37.

If you own a restaurant expect there to be messes otherwise get out of the business.

It sounds like your parents did not teach you how civilized people eat in public. Making a mess may be fine in your trailer, but others should not be subjected to your boorish habits.

You are not eating crabs on the wharf.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:42 AM

451 posts, read 769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You can be very tolerant of well behaved kids and not very tolerant of out-of-control brats.

If your kids can't behave reasonably well in a public place, just do everyone including them a favor and keep them home.
malamute for President!

Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It sounds like your parents did not teach you how civilized people eat in public. Making a mess may be fine in your trailer, but others should not be subjected to your boorish habits.
So when you go out to eat you mean to tell me that you wipe the table down yourself, pick up every crumb and bus your own table for the next guest? That's what people do at home so I expect you do the same in public correct?

I was being facetious BTW but no matter what that is not much of a mess at all. It's crumbs. Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies