Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SHOULD NORTH COLORADO BECOME A STATE
Yes 64 36.57%
No 96 54.86%
Other 2 1.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
hey want not let the "rednecks" create their own state? why not? what is the worse that can happen? is it you are sooo terrified at the idea that they will succeed?
Not terrified, I am just saying we won't see any new states being created within the continental US. 48 is all you get.

Also, why create a new state when they could vote with their feet and move to a state that better fits them. (Just quoting you on this one.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not terrified, I am just saying we won't see any new states being created within the continental US. 48 is all you get.

Also, why create a new state when they could vote with their feet and move to a state that better fits them. (Just quoting you on this one.)
Or another idea, Statist who want a bigger government, higher taxes, and less freedom can leave America as a whole, everybody wins.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Or another idea, Statist who want a bigger government, higher taxes, and less freedom can leave America as a whole, everybody wins.
Why do they have to leave? Do you want to force people out of the country that you don't agree with?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Why do they have to leave? Do you want to force people out of the country that you don't agree with?
If they use the freedoms and liberties that this nation is founded upon to limit the freedoms of others, to use freedom to enslave others, they yes...you cant use your 1st amendment rights to limit the 2nd Amendment rights of other just because of your views or opinions.

Also why should we have to change our nation, our values, and our culture to service them? if you want a bigger government, less freedoms, and higher taxes, fine, leave....

Old 09-06-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
If they use the freedoms and liberties that this nation is founded upon to limit the freedoms of others, to use freedom to enslave others, they yes...you cant use your 1st amendment rights to limit the 2nd Amendment rights of other just because of your views or opinions.

Also why should we have to change our nation, our values, and our culture to service them? if you want a bigger government, less freedoms, and higher taxes, fine, leave....
Who is enslaving others? What are you even talking about? Our nation was founded on change, the ability to craft a country that best fits us. Your 2nd Amendment right is still intact...as well as the rest of your Amendment rights....not that you care about those, it is all about the 2nd Amendment to you, screw the rest.

You say you are for freedom, but you seem to be against the freedom of choice. With choice comes people making choices you are gonna disagree with, that is the whole point of having choices.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Who is enslaving others? What are you even talking about? Our nation was founded on change, the ability to craft a country that best fits us. Your 2nd Amendment right is still intact...as well as the rest of your Amendment rights....not that you care about those, it is all about the 2nd Amendment to you, screw the rest.

You say you are for freedom, but you seem to be against the freedom of choice. With choice comes people making choices you are gonna disagree with, that is the whole point of having choices.
I thought it was founded on limited government, liberty, and unalienable rights.

You assume change is always a good thing..history proves otherwise.

My 2nd Amendment right is not intact.

I have to pay a $200 tax and just threw a maze of hoops to just to buy Shotgun with a barrel length shorter then 18 inches, or a piece of hearing protection like a sound suppressor.

I can only own weapons the have passes a "sporting propose" test.

I cant own a machine gun that was manufactured after May 19, 1986 for no reason at all, I am not a criminal, I would be willing to pay 200 dollar tax, but I cant buy one..for no reason.

My 2nd Amendment rights are no were near intact.

".as well as the rest of your Amendment rights"

Have you seen the state of the 4th Amendment? what about warrant less wire taps, search smart phone without a warrant?

Or the 10th Amendment and the lost of basic freedom for the states.

I am for freedom of choice.

I support school vouchers
Legalization of pot and prostitution
Legalization of online gambling
Uninfringment of the 2nd Amendment

What I am against is people using their freedom of choice to limit my choices or my freedoms..

Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM

California secession movement gains steam | The Daily Caller

In light of the recall I think things will have change for the better in Colorado after the 2014 election.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
That will never happen. Government will never voluntarily give up power.

Statist love power and their ability to tell others how to live.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That will never happen. Government will never voluntarily give up power.

Statist love power and their ability to tell others how to live.
What do they have to lose? "if the be "treason" make the most of it"

Old 10-07-2013, 07:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Your 2nd Amendment right is still intact...as well as the rest of your Amendment rights.....
No, they are not. Wake up.

Our government regularly violates our 4th amendment rights with impunity. They even have the Supreme court confirming their ability to violate our 4th amendment rights. And others too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies