Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:23 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,179,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So when a white person gets attacked or killed walking through the ghetto, many lefties here say, "They should have known where they were", but can't say the same thing here?
Oh really? Wrong. Blaming the victim & not saying one peep at all about the perpetrators is a favorite of your camp. Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,965,469 times
The lack of empathy on this thread is astounding. If you could live a day in their shoes, and all of that.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:39 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,085,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
The lack of empathy on this thread is astounding. If you could live a day in their shoes, and all of that.
Exactly. Being transgender isn't something most of us can comprehend, but even if it doesn't make sense to you, it's absolutely no excuse for hatred, violence, and murder.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 AM

530 posts, read 1,364,797 times
Quote:
So when a white person gets attacked or killed walking through the ghetto, many lefties here say, "They should have known where they were", but can't say the same thing here?
Why are you trying so desperately to make this into a race thing and a political thing?

If you read any of the 11 pages of this thread then you would know that there was actually almost zero sympathy expressed for this person who was murdered.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:25 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,596,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Let's see if I get this straight (no pun intended) a young man living in Jamaica (who's citizens have a rather close minded view of "alternative lifestyles") decides it would be a good (no GREAT) idea to dress up as a woman (smart move #1) and flirt with one of the guests at the party (male or female it doesn't matter at this point) which is smart move #2. Much to the young man's surprise upon finding out he was actually a man in drag, and not a real woman the crowd DOES NOT laugh it off and say to the young man "Boy you really fooled us how about a drink?" But instead some of the guests become angry and beat, stab, shoot, and run over the young man with a car (who knew???). Look folks this is not the USA where this type of crime does not go unpunished (we hope), but this is another part of the world that DOESN'T LIKE THE LGBT COMMUNITY!!! I'm not saying what they did was ok, but what I'm saying is that the young man has himself to blame on this one. He lives in a Country where they don't like him because of who he is plain and simple. We are always told not to blame the victim, but if you play with matches you eventually get burned. Its the risk you take. In an ideal world that risk should not cost you your life, but the world is far from fair or ideal. He would still be alive if he just used common sense.
Dr. Martin Luther King would agree with you on that.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:59 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,480,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
To the OP, you are proof that ideological agenda has gone amuck. Gays will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, be accepted by 100% of the populous. Send a flaming gay into a straight bar and SH%t will happen. It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Straight people, no matter how liberal they are, will NEVER accept being hit on by the same gender. This is a fact.
I don't expect homosexuals to be accepted by 100% of a population anywhere. Nor do I expect that to be the case with female prostitutes. I'm not sure what your formation was but it was repeated to me in my formative years that the person who has not sinned should cast the first stone.

Woman Caught In Adultery - YouTube

I think teenager and adults need to stop acting all extra animated over issues of flirtation and sexual attractions. Female adults can respond similar to these dumb males (without the violence though) when they cry sexual harassment because some guy approaches them. To bad cats and dogs and the rest of the animal world can't do that, eh?

And so that you know... there is a strong cultural element to this. Do not take my word for it, look it up for yourself when I tell you that rarely is a male in Brazil regarded as gay if they are the one's "sticking it" to an effeminate male or transsexual.

In fact I've been told by a black Brazilian male that he's publicly kissed "shemales" in the open around other women and men. That no one thought any thing of it. When I told him that in the U.S. that would shock people and have even liberal people considering him gay he responded, "Not in Brazil."

This all aside from the fact cross dressers and "shemales" are typically part of the big carnival parades in Brazil.

Not that homosexuals and "shemales" don't face discrimination or even at times physical assaults in Brazil. They do. But they are no where as culturally disdained as their peers in Jamaica. Male homosexuals seem to be even more popular in Brazil than lesbians. So, animosity or preference for one seems to be more culturally influenced than genetically produced opinions and responses.

Transsexual Limousine Party - YouTube

Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,486,928 times
The lesson of this thread is basically that most self-proclaimed "God-loving", "family values" conservatives will regard murder favorably if it happens to someone sufficiently different from themselves, especially if that difference involves gender identity and/or sexual preference.

We see it in just about every post... They don't want to come out and say directly that they applaud the murder, but they can't bring themselves to condemn it and basically say the guy deserved it.

Maybe he did exercise very poor judgment. Maybe his life choices were bad. Maybe he is mentally ill. Even so, that does not make it right to kill him, and people of moral integrity - liberal and conservative -would condemn such barbaric acts, even if they didn't necessarily agree with the victim's choices.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,480,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Apparently they empowered themselves. If one puts themself in the situation of facing such a crowd, they can stand there and quote law all they want as they're being beaten, but that beating will continue. Best not to put one's self in such circumstances. Again, it was the fault of the MAN ("transwoman" is a made up nonsense term) DRESSED AS A WOMAN who joined the party.
I don't disagree the person put themselves in a vulnerable and bad position.

But the person is dead and my animosity is directed towards both the murderers, those that never called for help as the victim lay knocked out and beaten, and the culture from which all this was rooted from.

My formative years in Catholicism help direct my judgment. So, no "liberal" or "conservative" or "USA" polemics will persuade me differently. I judge savages as savages.

Quote:
Yeah, make that argument as an angry crowd is chasing *you* down the street. Good luck with it!
I'm not worried about the Jamaicans. You need to be directing your comment to the New Yorkers and those on the East Coast that tremble in their boots before the approach of a Jamaican.

Not too many people in inner-city Milwaukee or in Mexico or in Rio de Janeiro are going to be running from some people in colorful shirts speaking patois that hail from some island with a lot of coconuts.

Not that I don't like coconut milk. But I'm not the mutha f__a climbing up the tree to get it.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,487,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
The lesson of this thread is basically that most self-proclaimed "God-loving", "family values" conservatives will regard murder favorably if it happens to someone sufficiently different from themselves, especially if that difference involves gender identity and/or sexual preference.

We see it in just about every post... They don't want to come out and say directly that they applaud the murder, but they can't bring themselves to condemn it and basically say the guy deserved it.

Maybe he did exercise very poor judgment. Maybe his life choices were bad. Maybe he is mentally ill. Even so, that does not make it right to kill him, and people of moral integrity - liberal and conservative -would condemn such barbaric acts, even if they didn't necessarily agree with the victim's choices.
I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left that says "they should have known where they are" when it comes to a white guy getting beat or killed in a black neighborhood. Same thing applies here. What happened was definitely wrong, but again, situational awareness will save your life. Besides. who cares what happens in other countries, worry about here.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,179,063 times
Quote:
I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the Left that says "they should have known where they are" when it comes to a white guy getting beat or killed in a black neighborhood. Same thing applies here. What happened was definitely wrong, but again, situational awareness will save your life. Besides. who cares what happens in other countries, worry about here.
And yet again, STILL not condemning the perpetrators. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies