Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM

15,540 posts, read 10,527,165 times

Advertisements

Oh for pete's sake, just turn one of the many school bathrooms into one for transgender people and the problem is solved.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:21 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,474,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Oh for pete's sake, just turn one of the many school bathrooms into one for transgender people and the problem is solved.
I agree.

I don't think you're going to see that happening though.

Adults probably should be problem solvers to one degree or another. However, I'm not sure if you have noticed or not but the vast majority of adults are not problem solvers as much as they latch on to various interest groups rhetoric and attempt to proselytize to the rest of the population the beliefs of that group.

Both conservatives and liberals do this.

Transsexual kids and adults exist. They do. Society ought accommodate them. Your suggestion makes sense. It makes sense in terms of problem solving. But there are other social engineering goals adults have with putting boys dressed as girls into girl bathrooms and locker rooms.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I agree.

Adults probably should be problem solvers to one degree or another. However, I'm not sure if you have noticed or not but the vast majority of adults are not problem solvers as much as they latch on to various interest groups rhetoric and attempt to proselytize to the rest of the population the beliefs of that group.

Transsexual kids and adults exist. They do. Society ought accommodate them. Your suggestion makes sense. It makes sense in terms of problem solving. But there are other social engineering goals adults have with putting boys dressed as girls into girl bathrooms and locker rooms.
It makes too much sense and all to often we see the most sensible answer to a problem dismissed. Most likely because somebody else came up with it and the head honcho says oh well now that won't work we have to do it this way............on and on down the insanity road we go.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:26 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,331 times
Some of you need to seriously educate yourself on what transgenderism is.

For the guys here (and yes, I say guys, because it's all male posters making these comments) - how would you feel if somebody forcibly removed your male genitalia and replaced them with female genitalia? Would you simply go about your lives making wonderful sandwiches and driving poorly? Or would you know that you're still a man? This is exactly how transgender people feel.

As for the boys pretending to be transgendered - it might be a fun, one (or few time) fantasy, but given the misogyny of most teenage males, do you think that one would really fully commit to being transgendered to see some girls in the locker room? Seriously? The shame of being a girl to a non-transgendered boy would be far, far greater than the thrill of seeing some girls in the shower.

Get a grip people.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,339,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
While there's not, it's seems like a logical step that wouldn't violate the spirit or the intent of the bill that California school districts require this to legitimate claims of gender identity and to allay the fears voiced by some here in this thread of "all the boys claiming they're transgendered."
It seems like the sensible thing to do.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:36 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I agree.

Because people won't accept that. Just this summer a 6 year old boy won the right to use the girl's restroom at school. The school had offered to let the child use the restroom in the teacher's lounge or nurse's office if he didn't feel comfortable using the boys bathroom. But the family didn't like that sensible solution. They wanted him allowed in the girl's restroom. So they went to court and won. He will be using the girl's restroom when school restarts this fall.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,030,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post

For the guys here (and yes, I say guys, because it's all male posters making these comments) - how would you feel if somebody forcibly removed your male genitalia and replaced them with female genitalia? Would you simply go about your lives making wonderful sandwiches and driving poorly? Or would you know that you're still a man? This is exactly how transgender people feel.

As for the boys pretending to be transgendered - it might be a fun, one (or few time) fantasy, but given the misogyny of most teenage males, do you think that one would really fully commit to being transgendered to see some girls in the locker room? Seriously? The shame of being a girl to a non-transgendered boy would be far, far greater than the thrill of seeing some girls in the shower.

Get a grip people.
Oh so it it's done only once then it's perfectly fine? Hey girls you only have to shower with the boys your will be sitting with in class right after only a few times............GET OVER IT. That is your attitude?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,906,794 times
Quote:

We're well aware this is what they feel. This is not how they are though. The fact of the matter is that it's all MENTAL. Unless there is some genetic disorder or other defect, which certainly exists; if you were born male, you were meant to be a male. If I feel that I should've been born with 3 arms and think about it all day, then most people would call me insane and tell me to seek help. Same goes for people who want to mutilate their genitalia because they think they were supposed to be something they aren't.

Quote:

Get a grip people.
I think just within California alone, there will be 100s of cases of this. Sure it won't be rampant, but "few" doesn't describe the number of times. It will certainly be in the 100s.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,474,839 times
Quote:

All you just said is that an individual of the male sex "knows" he's a girl.

I had an uncle--now deceased--that had a hard life. Whenever he did not take his medication he knew God was speaking to him. I mean in literally hearing God's voice.

At any rate... I'm male. I have no idea what it feels like to be "male." I don't. Never have. Does it feel something different than to being female? Educate me please.

I "feel" male from what I've learned from society from a small child as to what attributes of being a male is. I hate to fight more than probably most women on the North Side of Milwaukee. Since most these broads from childhood on up enjoy physical, violent, fights than I do... does that make me a female?

I know what a "man" is supposed to think and feel because I know what society says "a man" should think and feel. Also, I only need listen to the yapping of feminists as to what they know as sacred fact makes "a real man."

But a feminist would be offended if people suggested a physically unattractive woman's path to feeling better about her self was through physical modifications like getting breast implants etc.

But feminist have no problem encouraging boys and men to drastically modify their bodies to look more feminine to feel better about themselves.

Or maybe I should put it this way, to appeal to the feminist sense of prejudice and bias, if the Vatican taught such glaring contradictions it would not go unnoticed by a sing male and female feminist.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:59 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,078,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
We're well aware this is what they feel. This is not how they are though. The fact of the matter is that it's all MENTAL. Unless there is some genetic disorder or other defect, which certainly exists; if you were born male, you were meant to be a male. If I feel that I should've been born with 3 arms and think about it all day, then most people would call me insane and tell me to seek help. Same goes for people who want to mutilate their genitalia because they think they were supposed to be something they aren't.
That's because I think the whole heteronormativity and cisgender mindset is so ingrained in our thinking and our culture that we're unable to fathom the idea that it's anything but that. You could make your same argument against gay people (if you were born male, you were meant to be attracted to females), or for liking cars, or for being good drivers, or whatever you want. I think you understand the gay thing. It's kind of the same thing with transgender, but it just challenges our thinking because it's so out of whack with how we view ourselves and how much gender is implicated in our society. For example, I don't think you could ever see how you could be female. I couldn't either. But there are some people who were born in the wrong body.

As for the three arms argument, that's a strawman, and you know it!

Quote:
I think just within California alone, there will be 100s of cases of this. Sure it won't be rampant, but "few" doesn't describe the number of times. It will certainly be in the 100s.
I haven't read the bill, but I think it's not that some boy could decide to be transgender for a day. If it was, I obviously would have problems with that. I think it's for kids who have documented, psychological evidence of being transgender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies