Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I find gay pride parades disgusting to look at, so I avoid them. They are just tacky and an eyesore. And if anything, it hurts their cause for their parade to be so flamboyant and sexually graphic... especially since they want gay marriage and to be accepted into MAINSTREAM society. Their hijinks during their parades just feeds the stereotype of them being freaks and sex addicts.
Gay pride parades are in fact freak pride parades. The gay people participating are freaks, the straight people participating are freaks, what they have in common is they are all freaks and proud of it. So they are treated as such.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:24 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Yes, exactly. If I was to deny a vaccination to someone wearing a bible tee shirt because I have an issue with the religious, you can bet the hollering would begin.
are you comparing a private bakery to your country's public health care system? that's like comparing apples and termites.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:32 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
They should just take their business to another bakery where they would actually be welcomed. What is so hard about that? Unfortunately these unhappy lesbians decided to grab some headlines and file a lawsuit. This cuts both ways too and bakeries will creatively adapt. Next time the bakery won’t say a thing and there will be some “contamination” included in the cake as they hand it over with a smile.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:36 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Gay pride parades are in fact freak pride parades. The gay people participating are freaks, the straight people participating are freaks, what they have in common is they are all freaks and proud of it. So they are treated as such.
The same could be said about straight couples who can't keep their hands off of each other everywhere they go and who throw big extravagant weddings just for the attention.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:38 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
They should just take their business to another bakery where they would actually be welcomed. What is so hard about that?
Yes, and Rosa Parks should have shut up, taken a seat in the back, and refrained from making any waves that might upset right wingers.

Personally I encourage right-wingers pouting over the fact they aren't allowed their bigoted business practices to attempt to poison their customers. A few nine-figure punitive damage suits suit me fine.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Lesbian couple refused wedding cake files state discrimination complaint | OregonLive.com

What sort of recourse do people in this instance have who are refused service?
Go to a gay baker. Or marry someone of the opposite sex as God intends.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:42 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Wah!!!!! Call the DOJ! Get the FBI to raid this place. Wah!!!! Hire a lawyer and take it it to the Supremes.

Don't forget to try the perps on Comedy Central!

Wah!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 02:44 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Well then... gays should object to them being called "gay pride" days/parades. And they should demand that they change their name to "freak pride" days/parades or whatever. And who wants men dresses up as giant penises being able to adopt children and who wants to fight for sex freaks having the right to marriage with full spousal benefits?

This is not much different from ghetto mannerism blacks spoiling it for the blacks who are hardworking, educated, well-spoken career-minded people. The bad ones are more in the public eye and create the negative stereotypes about their community.

And yes, there are gay men who are conservative in their manner and act like straight men, but really they seem to be very few and far between. And yes, I do have many gay and lesbian friends and acquaintances.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
God is just a story. Got an argument that doesn't involve mythical invisble superfriends?

Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Wow, I'm sure you really know what God intends...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies