Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A lot of the working class can qualify for government programs to subsidize their living.
Middle class can't.
It's government intervention that's killing the middle class. The politicians say they want to expand the middle class, while they are intentionally destroying it.

It's the con man shaking the right hand of the mark, while picking his wallet with the left.

* * * * * <reps for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It's government intervention that's killing the middle class. The politicians say they want to expand the middle class, while they are intentionally destroying it.

It's the con man shaking the right hand of the mark, while picking his wallet with the left.

* * * * * <reps for you
The middle class supports both the upper class and lower class as well as themselves.
They always have.
But both the upper and lower class want more and the middle class doesn't have more to give them.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:33 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by shooting4life
California: where democrats control everything but still blame republicans for the states failures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Damn straight and proud of it.
Leave it to progressive liberals to muck things up completely, and be proud of it.

I'm sure that was sarcasm, but I couldn't resist.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:23 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
A lot of the working class can qualify for government programs to subsidize their living.
Middle class can't.
Those programs don't keep working class people in the state. Or poor people, either. The cost of living in CA is way too high and there are other states with lower costs of living.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
NOW THAT I can agree with. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

BTW, we figured out that we sent Cali over $8k last year in sales tax and car registrations alone. Yes, we Californians we are being whored by our government pimps.

The thing is, my wife and I are self-employed and can take our work anywhere we move. Is it worth moving to another state to save 10-15k a year in taxes... hell yes!
It's the way of the system. Opportunity brings the jobs and those who want to work. Money starts to flow and the crooks (politicians and savages) take notice and loot the regular folks til they are forced to leave/die. God Bless freakin' America.

They made me learn Spanish in school. My first job after high school I worked with a lot of Puerto Ricans so I became fluent. I got a job in loss prevention. Next thing I know I get a couple degrees in criminal justice.

So here I am: "educated", speak Spanish, mid 30s, no wife/kids. California was a no-brainer. There's a ton of crooks here!

Can I have kids? Not in this place! Can I buy a car? Hell no! Can I live in something bigger than a shoebox? Not happening. For what I would pay for a burger here I could buy all the cows in Ohio! And that's a lot of cows.

I really caught a break. The way California broke favors someone like me. I'd love to live in a place where normal people can sustain and thrive. It ain't here.

I doubt I follow the traditional path in life...meaning wife/kids/home. If the itch comes up I would be a fool to scratch it here. My older brother and his girlfriend moved out here about 12 years ago. Degrees for both, decent jobs, some debt but not insane. They loved it. Next thing you know the itch came up. Marriage then the talk of kids. They would have loved to stay here but it wasn't feasible. So they ended up back in Ohio then eventually Florida. They have the middle class life now. Every so often he gets what I call the California fever. Misses it. Sometimes even starts to crunch a few numbers to see if it's possible. He's yet to make it work unless his five-year-old could some how live off one meal a week.

Can I live here forever? Not at this rate.

Am I losing money? Technically yes.

I'll have to leave eventually unless something big changes the landscape. You natives have the disadvantage of knowing how great this place was before the crooks (with the pen AND sword) raped it to hell. For now I can tolerate the b.s. The day may come where I can't anymore. For those that reached the breaking point...I don't blame you. That tax total you cited is outrageous. Getting that punched in your gut year after year and I can understand why you want out.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Those programs don't keep working class people in the state. Or poor people, either. The cost of living in CA is way too high and there are other states with lower costs of living.
California leads though with the most number of people living in poverty.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
California leads though with the most number of people living in poverty.
Many of whom would not be poor if they lived in other states.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
The best things about America come from California. the future will be bright.
Thank you California for Apple and Tesla.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:08 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
The best things about America come from California. the future will be bright.
Thank you California for Apple and Tesla.
Because the best thing ever done in America is apple and tesla. Yawn.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:00 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
Originally Posted by Zelva
I bet you are..... California -- passed a law requiring bathroom, locker room access regardless of gender.

Oh sorry - maybe I mixed metaphors, biology vs gender ID..... but here's more on what I'm 'implying'

-----------------
Gov. Jerry Brown... signed AB 1266, which says schools must allow a student to participate in sex-segregated programs, athletics and to use facilities "consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil's records."

The law... is on the leading edge of transgender rights... Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco, wrote the bill.

California law protecting K-12 transgender students gets mixed response - San Jose Mercury News
---------------
The legislation was authored by State Assemblyman Tom Ammiano from San Francisco. Assembly Bill 1266 allows students in K-12 to use “facilities consistent with his or her gender identity, irrespective of the gender listed on the pupil’s records.”

Viewpoint: Gender-neutral facilities mandated in California schools | Citizens Journal
Meanwhile 50% of kids in school don't graduate or speak English...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies