Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I've asked plenty of times before but NEVER received an answer to this: why is it in Canada that DOES NOT have such a history of oppressing blacks and mistreating them in general, why do black Canadians as a group STILL have the highest crime and murder rates compared to any other race/ethnicity the same as their American counterparts?

There's absolutely no good reason why blacks in Canada should be so ghetto and be so violent yet somehow they are. Please explain why to me?
I'll field this one, based on experience. Blacks in Canada, despite lack of slavery or oppression historically, have somehow been brainwashed into believing they're being held down by whitey.
TV perhaps?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:05 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I've asked plenty of times before but NEVER received an answer to this: why is it in Canada that DOES NOT have such a history of oppressing blacks and mistreating them in general, why do black Canadians as a group STILL have the highest crime and murder rates compared to any other race/ethnicity the same as their American counterparts?

There's absolutely no good reason why blacks in Canada should be so ghetto and be so violent yet somehow they are. Please explain why to me?
Ask yourself this. Why do so many Black kids in the USA internalize violent rap music? I have to ask that question because the behavior you speak of probably has alot to do with the violent side of hip-hop culture surfacing in Canada. Why is it that mainly Black kids internalize it, or poor kids in any community?

And you've mentioned the "parents". Consider this. I say when there is a father in the house, things are usually much better, in terms of discipline. Ever notice that it isn't so much "parents don't care", but rather, kids are being raised with no father in the house. Chances are, Blacks who grew up with BOTH parents at home probably have a much better chance of turning out better.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
I'll field this one, based on experience. Blacks in Canada, despite lack of slavery or oppression historically, have somehow been brainwashed into believing they're being held down by whitey.
TV perhaps?
Or perhaps there has been a history of discrimination against Blacks in Canada. Not to the level as in the USA, but it still happens. And if it had been to the same levels as in the USA, things would probably be much worse than they are now. Chances are, Canada's Black population has lower levels of violence than the USA's Black population.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Or perhaps there has been a history of discrimination against Blacks in Canada. Not to the level as in the USA, but it still happens. And if it had been to the same levels as in the USA, things would probably be much worse than they are now. Chances are, Canada's Black population has lower levels of violence than the USA's Black population.
There is no history of it here. Put aside your assumptions.
If anything, the black man has an advantage here, since he has all sorts of programs that favour him over evil whitey.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
There is no history of it here. Put aside your assumptions.
If anything, the black man has an advantage here, since he has all sorts of programs that favour him over evil whitey.
There has been a history of it in Canada. I've done my research. Notice I said "not to the level of the USA". Discrimination still took place. It still happens now.

By the Numbers: Facts about Racial Discrimination in Canada || UFCW Canada - Canada

Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
There has been a history of it in Canada. I've done my research. Notice I said "not to the level of the USA". Discrimination still took place. It still happens now.

By the Numbers: Facts about Racial Discrimination in Canada || UFCW Canada - Canada
A document by a labour union. Priceless.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
A document by a labour union. Priceless.
Can you come up with anything on discrimination in the USA as well as Canada?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Can you come up with anything on discrimination in the USA as well as Canada?
I'll tell you this much. Blacks have it far better in Canada than likely anywhere else on earth.
Where else would the majority (whites in this case) be so accommodating to a minority group, while providing a first-world living experience?
Despite this, you still have blacks wailing about how they're getting the short end of the stick.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
I'll tell you this much. Blacks have it far better in Canada than likely anywhere else on earth.
Where else would the majority (whites in this case) be so accommodating to a minority group, while providing a first-world living experience?
Despite this, you still have blacks wailing about how they're getting the short end of the stick.
Look, I never said it was the worst place in the world. I said there is still discrimination taking place. Affirmative action exists in the USA. It doesn't stop some employers from discriminating against those of a different ethnicity. Same goes anywhere.

I will be happy where there is ZERO discrimination. Go find something stating that there is absolutely ZERO discrimination.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Look, I never said it was the worst place in the world. I said there is still discrimination taking place. Affirmative action exists in the USA. It doesn't stop some employers from discriminating against those of a different ethnicity. Same goes anywhere.

I will be happy where there is ZERO discrimination. Go find something stating that there is absolutely ZERO discrimination.
Discrimination will never end. This is why I think it's a good idea for the races to separate to their own homelands. That would end it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies