Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
LOL your math was wrong period. I will write it up in another post that I'll dumb down for you in terms that you may understand. I'm busy and won't be online much until Tuesday, so I do not have the time to spell things out for you at the moment.
How is my math wrong? You said you wanted to know the number of black between the ages of 10-60 and I found them for you and surprise, surprise, my educated guess was pretty close to the actual number.

Please show me how my math is wrong?

Quote:
Anyone who think because a fraction of a percent out of 14 million Black are committing crimes is a HUGE racial problem when 99%+ of that 14 million aren't are fools. The mere fact that almost all of the 14 million black males in that age group aren't committing crimes should present a logical conclusion to any mildly intelligent person that something else other than race has to be at work here regardless of the fact that the fraction of a percent are committing crimes more than any other race.
So there were 2.7 million arrests that involved blacks in 2011. You're seriously arguing that 140,000 blacks or less were each arrested 15 times or more over the course of a single year?? Really? You're making that argument over the more logical assumption that MUCH MORE than 1% of blacks from that group were arrested in a year?

Its funny you keep asking me for facts and proof, yet let me ask YOU where is YOUR PROOF is that less than 1% of black males especially young black males commit crime? The majority of black males may not commit crime in a given year, but its damn well not 1%.

Quote:
Now in racial terms, yes it looks bad. You can say that Blacks commit more crime. Per capita is going to look bad racially. Looking at it from a percentage angle in comparison with the white demographic, it will look terrible. You can almost say and apply all the things you've been saying to this example. Here's my point though, only a complete idiot would look at these statistics and come to the conclusion that's it a race problem regardless of the comparable statistics. A person with half a brain would logically conclude that if it were a race problem, then more people in that racial demographic would have the same exact problem. The mere fact that the other 28 Blacks in this example aren't affected should be enough for anyone to rule out race as being an issue.

Even if only 1.42% of whites compared to 6.7% of blacks are committing crime, most would see that the problem could be what state or area they live in. It could be that the Educational system in the Left and Middle states are better. It could be that states with a higher population or with more white people commit less crime. All of those options make more sense than the illogical crap you're trying to feed me.
It looks bad racially because IT IS BAD PERIOD. Per capita blacks murder and commit crime at FAR higher rates than anyone else. This is FACT and you cannot dispute this.

In fact can you even find me one significant concentration of blacks in the US that don't have high crime rates? And by significant I mean in the hundreds of thousands. Tell me which state or which city anywhere in the US that has a black population of 100,000 or more that has a low crime rate?

I tried to google one myself and I found one example. According to wiki:

Prince George's County is the wealthiest African American-majority county in the United States.

Yet you look at the murder rate there:

Gory Prince George's: 2011 victim index

Although declining it STILL averages about 100 murders a year or over 10 per 100,000 a year. So even in an area where blacks have among the highest incomes in the US and poverty can't be used as an excuse, their murder rate is STILL much higher than the US average. Please explain this one to me?

Quote:
I agree with you that it's a huge issue, but I'm not buying that the cause has anything to do with race.... It's just not a logical conclusion to make and I think you're smart enough to know this, but you NEEEED it to be about all Black males for whatever reason.

I'm not going to be back until Tuesday... I do not have time to address the other nonsense you wrote about in your last post right now.
Again find me one large black community in the entire US that has low crime? If you can't find one in the entire country and every significant black population in the US has a crime rate that's higher than everyone else, then how can it NOT be a race problem?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
It looks bad racially because IT IS BAD PERIOD. Per capita blacks murder and commit crime at FAR higher rates than anyone else. This is FACT and you cannot dispute this.

In fact can you even find me one significant concentration of blacks in the US that don't have high crime rates? And by significant I mean in the hundreds of thousands. Tell me which state or which city anywhere in the US that has a black population of 100,000 or more that has a low crime rate?

I tried to google one myself and I found one example. According to wiki:

Prince George's County is the wealthiest African American-majority county in the United States.

Yet you look at the murder rate there:

Gory Prince George's: 2011 victim index

Although declining it STILL averages about 100 murders a year or over 10 per 100,000 a year. So even in an area where blacks have among the highest incomes in the US and poverty can't be used as an excuse, their murder rate is STILL much higher than the US average. Please explain this one to me?
You also can't dispute the fact that the violence being perpetrated is committed by a minority of the Black population. With that being stated, you can't hold the entire Black population responsible for the actions of a minority of the Black population. If the rest of the Black population has nothing to do with those violent crimes being committed, then you can't condemn the rest of us.

And something else about Prince Georges County. Being someone who has been a student of geography, there is something else you haven't considered. Prince George's County borders the worst parts of DC. And the crime from the worst parts of DC is spilling over to PG County. Most of PG's crime occurs in the south part of the crime, near the worst parts of DC. PG County is literally like two counties. You have the south part near DC, and then you have the north part.

Bowie, Maryland: http://www.city-data.com/city/Bowie-Maryland.html
Located in Prince Georges County. Majority Black city, and the murder rate is zero. Crime index is low too.

And something else. DC sits between Virginia and Maryland. Why do members of the underclass go to Maryland rather than Virginia at all? Think about this. The Black murder rate in Virginia is much lower than in Maryland. Cities with large Black populations in Virginia. The worst city in Virginia still has a lower murder rate than Baltimore.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Does that lump all blacks together while isolating white hispanics, asians and anyone else that is non-black? Does it also account for repeat offenders?
Its all black males compared to all white males including white hispanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, it is the specific persons who are committing crime that often lack discipline. Not the entire Black male population. Now ask this. Where does this lack of discipline come from?

And the answer to your own question, well, it is going to go as follows. I don't think the Black on Blacks murders have everything to do with a strong dislike for one another, but rather, lack of love for one another, lack of care for one another. A hatred for one another might be part of it, but it isn't the only part. Why do drug dealers kill each other? Money. Why do some confrontations end in murder? The idea of being "disrespected". And that can be traced to the subculture of violence that often existed in the Deep South during very old days.
Apparently its MANY individual black males that lack discipline considering how many are involved in crime and violent incidents and frequently over the most trivial of things.

Quote:
No one said there weren't issues. However, you are either missing MY point, or simply ignoring it. My problem is with those who don't differentiate between the regular Black people who aren't causing problems, and the underclass persons that are causing problems. I even said the underclass persons cause problems, so you can't say that I'm denying the existence of any problems. In fact, I've even been a victim of Black-on-Black crime. It didn't happen in Atlanta where I have taken numerous day trips(and a few night trips), but in the suburbs. I know the persons who did this to me were most likely persons who weren't raised right. I've been affected too, but I can differentiate between regular Black people, and criminals.
So why does the majority black population in Prince George's County, Maryland which is considered one of the richest if not the richest black communities in the US still has a high murder rate and crime problem? Explain why even a black community that is affluent and isn't considered 'underclass' still has a crime issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
They don't resent blacks.. they resent how far they haven't gone in life and have to blame someone for their misfortunes.
I resent many blacks for the crime they bring to practically every area that there is a significant concentration of them. You have a high concentration of asians? No problem. High concentration of whites? Usually no big crime problem. High concentration of other immigrants? Usually its fine. But a high concentration of blacks? Usually its trouble.

I don't see how whether I succeed or fail in life is relevant to wanting to live in a safe city and how blacks make almost every city/area they live in more dangerous and violent than it otherwise would be.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You also can't dispute the fact that the violence being perpetrated is committed by a minority of the Black population. With that being stated, you can't hold the entire Black population responsible for the actions of a minority of the Black population. If the rest of the Black population has nothing to do with those violent crimes being committed, then you can't condemn the rest of us.
Yes you've said this numerous times and I get what you're saying, but the fact is that it ISN'T a minority of black population that's constantly getting into trouble. As I said before, if you really want to know what a minority of a population that is committing crime really looks like, then look at Asians. That is what I consider a 'minority' committing crime while the vast majority live in relative peace and follow the rules.

Quote:
Bowie, Maryland: http://www.city-data.com/city/Bowie-Maryland.html
Located in Prince Georges County. Majority Black city, and the murder rate is zero. Crime index is low too.
Out of a population of 55,000 TOTAL. So out of 42 million blacks living in the US and that's all you can find? Not even one black community that's 100,000+ in population that has a low crime rate?

Quote:
And something else. DC sits between Virginia and Maryland. Why do members of the underclass go to Maryland rather than Virginia at all? Think about this. The Black murder rate in Virginia is much lower than in Maryland. Cities with large Black populations in Virginia. The worst city in Virginia still has a lower murder rate than Baltimore.
Is the black murder rate in Virginia as low as the white murder rate in Virginia?

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Its all black males compared to all white males including white hispanics.
Actually, it is a minority of the Black population contributing to the crimes, not the entire Black population. Why do you insist on lumping in decent Black people in with the underclass? Us decent Black people have little in common with the criminals other than skin color.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Yes you've said this numerous times and I get what you're saying, but the fact is that it ISN'T a minority of black population that's constantly getting into trouble. As I said before, if you really want to know what a minority of a population that is committing crime really looks like, then look at Asians. That is what I consider a 'minority' committing crime while the vast majority live in relative peace and follow the rules.
Actually, a minority of the population means not being the majority of the population. It means MOST Black people are not involved in crime. The majority of Blacks are not involved in crime.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Out of a population of 55,000 TOTAL. So out of 42 million blacks living in the US and that's all you can find? Not even one black community that's 100,000+ in population that has a low crime rate?
That is not the point. I just showed you a majority Black community that has a low crime rate, and you are looking for a reason to refute it because it doesn't go in line with the thinking of "there is something inherently wrong with Black people".

Old 09-23-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
So why does the majority black population in Prince George's County, Maryland which is considered one of the richest if not the richest black communities in the US still has a high murder rate and crime problem? Explain why even a black community that is affluent and isn't considered 'underclass' still has a crime issue?
I just showed you an affluent Black community with a low crime rate. Bowie to be exact. And you basically didn't even listen to what I was telling you about PG County. It is basically like two counties in one, You have all of the poor, ghetto areas not that far away from the worst parts of DC. The crimes from the worst parts of DC are spilling over and affecting PG. That and criminals prefer to go to Maryland over Virginia. I just answered your question and you totally missed my point. Now you should answer my question regarding Virginia.

Quote:
Is the black murder rate in Virginia as low as the white murder rate in Virginia?
That isn't my point. I was talking about the Black murder rate, and the Black murder rate alone. I was asking about the difference between Virginia and Maryland. Just answer my question and don't take this off topic.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Actually, a minority of the population means not being the majority of the population. It means MOST Black people are not involved in crime. The majority of Blacks are not involved in crime.
A fairly high percentage of black males, particularly young black males ARE involved in crime. Is it a majority? Maybe not, but its still statistically VERY ALARMING. Again we're not talking about double or even triple the rates of everyone else, we're talking EXPONENTIALLY so.

Quote:
That is not the point. I just showed you a majority Black community that has a low crime rate, and you are looking for a reason to refute it because it doesn't go in line with the thinking of "there is something inherently wrong with Black people".
That wasn't what I was asking. My question wasn't to find a majority black community that had a low crime rate. My question was find me a STATISICALLY SIGNIFICANT black population in an area that had a low crime rate. You know like a black community that's the size of Detroit's black population or Chicago's black population that has low crime.

Its pretty damn sad that with 42 million black Americans living in thousands of communities all across America from coast to coast, north to south that THIS is the best you can come up with to show how blacks can live peacefully?? A tiny community with 25,000 blacks that's statistically meaningless when compared to the other 42 million blacks in the US.

You can't find one major population of blacks in the entire US with low crime rates and yet you still want to claim that black crime isn't a huge issue?

Quote:
I just showed you an affluent Black community with a low crime rate. Bowie to be exact. And you basically didn't even listen to what I was telling you about PG County. It is basically like two counties in one, You have all of the poor, ghetto areas not that far away from the worst parts of DC. The crimes from the worst parts of DC are spilling over and affecting PG. That and criminals prefer to go to Maryland over Virginia. I just answered your question and you totally missed my point. Now you should answer my question regarding Virginia.

That isn't my point. I was talking about the Black murder rate, and the Black murder rate alone. I was asking about the difference between Virginia and Maryland. Just answer my question and don't take this off topic.
I don't know, why don't you tell me?

And now we only compare black crime rates from one city to another and you want to say that's a good thing? That blacks in one area that commit less crime that blacks in another area, but are still much higher than non-black crime is a success?

Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Black men do not have discipline. That's what it's all about.

Not to mention since most of the murders by black men are towards other black men, the question I have to ask is why do black men dislike one another so much?

Why do middle age whitemen "love" young boys so much (NAMBLA)? You see sterotypes work both ways. Regarding your last assinene statement, if you want to go back historically, whitemales are the leading causes of war among nations, so I ask you why do whitemen dislike peace so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies