Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We could send the money for a military action against Syria to the childrens' centers in Da Nang and elsewhere.
How about you get out your checkbook and send them your money rather than volunteer MY money for your cause? While you're at it, write a reparations check too.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
No more foreign wars!

Stand with Rand in 2016 and put an end to all these trivial foreign wars.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
It's hilarious to watch the Repubs on TV, desperately trying to figure out how they will vote either with the Anti-War folks or the Obama folks. Too funny.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,268 times
Regardless of the final decision Congress will make, human rights are worth defending for at all cost and by all means. The recognition of human rights is probably the most critical achievement of modern civilization, our civilization. It is something that ancient people, our ancestors didn’t have. However, people need to realize that it is extremely fragile and needs protection desperately from world powers in unity.

So many are too willing to turn a blind eye on human rights when they are not the ones being compromised; without human rights we are nothing but a bunch of savages ready to do great harm to each others. We would be no difference from cavemen or animals living in wilderness. Those who witness such monstrous violation of human rights and do nothing have blood on their hands. Their deliberate silence has made them willing accomplices of crime against humanity, friends of terrorists.

Some of the most gruesome atrocity in history could possibly be avoided if only the silent bystanders and witnesses would be brave enough to speak out, stand up and act for the sake of protecting human rights. How many more wasted lives, how much more bloodshed do we need to see in order to realize we as human being simply cannot afford to remain silent and dormant toward those who have no respect and in complete disregard of human rights. We don’t need people standing by the fence feeling sorry for the situation or commenting on the tragedy. We need concrete action now.

I do understand that no country wants to see another ten-year war. In fact, no country can really afford another long term conflict. But there has to be an appropriate action taken by all parties concerned to send the perpetrator of such murderous act that human rights are not optional that people can liberally select to exercise them to suit their purpose. Country and authority that blatantly ignores and abuses human rights of its citizens will never amount to anything in the world stage. It will always remain a country of savages in the book of history regardless of how wealthy or advance it is.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I thought RT was pretty balanced, but the balance is a bit off kilter now when reporting about the US - as in Obama. It started after the exchanges concerning Snowden and the Olympics and now Syria. Understandable. Did I miss RT reporting that Russia is threatening to attack Saudi Arabia if the US uses military intervention?
Here is another RT news link story that could be an example of bias: Syria gas attack story has whiff of Saudi war propaganda ? RT Op-Edge. But the problem is that our government is not coming to us with it's evidence. We go out of our way to make our case to the world - but we ignore American citizens.

To me; most of our recent wars have not accomplished anything - except making more enemies. I do not see the good that we have accomplished. In Afghanistan; bin Laden was in Pakistan - that was why we attacked Afghanistan; wasn't it? Hussein was caged and was under control after Operation Desert Storm + he hated Iran - I don't know why we ever removed him? We have had so much propaganda that it is very hard to distinguish truth from fiction. All of the stories of weapons of mass destruction - they sound like key words to send the public into a panic. I just want the real fact when we send our military to war. I don't want to hear that everything was just propaganda because we wanted control over a country.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
No more foreign wars!

Stand with Rand in 2016 and put an end to all these trivial foreign wars.
Rand is just as irrelevant as his dad was.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rand is just as irrelevant as his dad was. ::
Dr. Paul was not irrelevant.

And Rand will be the ONLY candidate that will finally put an end to all these trivial wars when elected - liberal and conservatives alike included.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think Americans want to go to war again, much less go it all alone.
I think enough Americans now believe war = 'boots on the ground' that a majority, not an overwhelming %, but a majority will support 'targeted' strikes using missiles. Whether or not Hassad used chemical weapons, many will believe he probably did. No 'boots on the ground' plus chemical weapons plus the general sentiment to support a prez, any prez, when it comes to military actions and by next week he'll have the public support he needs.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rand is just as irrelevant as his dad was. : :
Rand Paul: 'Mistake' to get involved in Syria - Video on NBCNews.com

"When we fight, we fight because we have to and we fight to win. I'm not sending my son, your son, or anybody else's son to fight for stalemate."

Rand is the only legitimate "conservative" candidate we will have in '16.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 AM

Carrier group is in Red Sea in case Iran does anything and I suspect a couple of the Tomahawk targeting is following Assad's brother wherever he goes, as he is likely the person that ordered the gas use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies