Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronHarpoons View Post
Um no. Al Sharpton never makes any valid points. Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie, over exaggeration or he takes towards blaming someone/something.

Sort of sounds like a lot of posters on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 11:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I have a question. Why do some white people feel the need to associate all black people with Al Sharpton? Why is it that some white people talk about Sharpton and Jesse Jackson more than the average black person?
Is this what you meant?

Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,237,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
al sharpton has gotten into your head, hasn't he? "Fairness, equality, freedom!" He wouldn't know any of those terms if they hit him in the head.

He's a wealthy black rabble rouser who never held a real job until affirmative action kicked in at msnbc and they gave him a show.

He lives a very comfortable life behind the walls of a gated WHITE community, while crying racism and inequality to morons.

LOL

Enjoy!
Why are you telling me all about Sharpton's life? You're THAT obsessed with the man to the point that you know where he lives and what community he lives in?

Again, if we feel like supporting Sharpton, we will. If we don't, we won't. You can't do a damn thing about it by crying on these boards.

It's not your business either way.

Quote:
I mind MY business.

I pay MY way through life without demanding that someone else take care of me.

I expect the same from other responsible people.

What's wrong with expecting people to pay their own way?
You pay your own way and blah, blah, blah...

What the hell are you talking about? No one asked you about your personal life and how you paid your way and what you expect and yadda, yadda, yadda...please.

GTHOH with your life story. It's uninteresting. You're just a wage earner like everyone else; trying to make it from check to check.

This is about Sharpton, and if blacks feel like supporting Sharpton, they will. Deal with it.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I have a question. Why do white people feel the need to associate all black people with Al Sharpton? Why is it that white people talk about Sharpton and Jesse Jackson more than the average black person?
Conservative whites...not all whites. They're seriously obsessed with the guy. I've never seen this much jock riding in my life.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Sharpton is basically a used car salesman.... has about the same level of credibility....

Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We'll do well to do whatever the hell we want to do and support whomever we feel like supporting.

If that's Sharpton, so be it.

If folks don't like it, too bad.
Its precisely this attitude that makes Loyalty To The Race seem more prevalent than common sense. If you support Al Sharpton you should be prepared to accept the ridicule. There is absolutely nothing respectable about Al Sharpton.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
I mind MY business.

I pay MY way through life without demanding that someone else take care of me.

I expect the same from other responsible people.

What's wrong with expecting people to pay their own way?

Well, well, well. We started with all black people support Sharpton; then all black people commit crimes; now - all black people demand that other take care of them.

Typical Republican. Don't worry - America sees you for what you are - even though you cannot see it for yourself.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Its precisely this attitude that makes Loyalty To The Race seem more prevalent than common sense and decency. If you support Al Sharpton you should be prepared to accept the ridicule of your decisions.
You couldn't ridicule me if you tried...here or anywhere else regardless of whom i support.

And i didn't say i supported Sharpton, but if i did, so what. Do i tell you who you should or shouldn't support?

You don't have the right or authority to drop this weird version of paternalism, where you get to decide how i should pick the people i support just because you're white. I'll worry about that..thank you very much.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:58 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,986,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You couldn't ridicule me if you tried...here or anywhere else regardless of whom i support.

And i didn't say i supported Sharpton, but if i did, so what. Do i tell you who you should or shouldn't support?

You don't have the right or authority to drop this weird version of paternalism, where you get to decide how i should pick the people i support just because you're white. I'll worry about that..thank you very much.
Ouch!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Even after we all know of the Tawana Brawley hoax and and how he lied about it?

Not all black people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies