Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 04:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,869,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
If the companies can't figure it out, then a better company will. Who is this worth whining about?
Figure it out? Yeah, with increased costs paid by the rest of us. How can you all not grasp these basic concepts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 04:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
When I go out to eat I don't care.If I did I wouldn't have gone out to begin with.
It is easy to spot the people who don't care. Mexico has overtaken US as the fattest country in the world, but its not because we became slimmer, its because they became fatter.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Figure it out? Yeah, with increased costs paid by the rest of us. How can you all not grasp these basic concepts?
what increased costs?

Giving digital menus instead of paper ones?

Emailing the menus to customers when they ask for them instead of giving out paper menus?

Texting the menus to customers when they ask for them instead of giving out paper menus?

so what increased costs?

If restaurants go digital, it'll take away one major cost; the cost to print the menus.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
what increased costs?

Emailing the menus to customers when they ask for them instead of giving out paper menus?

Texting the menus to customers when they ask for them instead of giving out paper menus?

so what increased costs?

If restaurants go digital, it'll take away one major cost; the cost to print the menus.
Then you'll have teabaggers tying this in to Obamacare costing the jobs of loggers or some stupid crap like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled on portions of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) on June 28, 2012. However, the Supreme Court did not address the menu labeling requirements established by the Act. Under ACA, restaurants with twenty or more locations are required to list calorie content information for standard menu items on restaurant menus/ menu boards and provide written nutritional information upon customer request. Whereas, vending machine operators with twenty or more vending machines must prominently display each food’s calorie content. ACA assigned the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) with devising the menu labeling regulations. The FDA had announced proposed regulations on April 6, 2011 with final rules to be issued prior to the end of 2011. However, a final rule has not yet been made.
The FDA still welcomes comments. To electronically present comments to the proposed regulations, go to: http://www.regulations.gov/#!home

Laws and Regulations | FoodFactsNow, LLC

4205 is in Final Rule milestone:
Implement Section 4205 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

This means that if a restaurant changed the mayonnaise on a sandwich, or the recipe for their bread... they'd have to re-print every menu, at every restaurant, or face being fined $2000 a day until the menus are reprinted. Even a coin-op vendor with more than 20 machines must label caloric content for every product in his machines, or face the same $2000 fines.

Whens the last time you bought a food product from a vending machine and worried about the calories in the item?

Prepare to get laser printed menus on 8x11 white paper (disposable menus)

It's truly mind boggling how deep and controlling the affordable health (laugh) act is. 10,000 fine print pages and growing.
Hey, steven_h, not everything is a conspiracy theory calm down and take a Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Just remember, when Republicans are next in power, they can mandate weekly colonoscopies for anyone receiving Obamacare subsidies.

Payback is gonna be a bit**
Take off the tinfoil hat, slowly. Don't hurt yourself, now!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM

38,096 posts, read 22,246,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Just remember, when Republicans are next in power, they can mandate weekly colonoscopies for anyone receiving Obamacare subsidies.

Payback is gonna be a bit**
Or decide that abortions are harmful to society, and ban any elective abortion from being offered in any insurance plan. The same for giving away free birth control pills, 0bama's HHS has set the precedent for that type of regulatory control.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This goes above and beyond a restaurant giving their customers a calorie guide, the food, all food, would need to be sent to an FDA approved lab to analyze it. So if a typical restaurant wants to try a new recipe, to see if customers like it, they will have to go thru the expense of having it analyzed and supply all new menus.
They change the menu anyway if the come up with a new dish. How else would the customers know there is a new dish. If I am not mistaken this is only for chain restaurants. Yes? I have not read the text, so I won't pretend to know everything about it, but it does say they are welcoming input on the proposed regulations.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,282,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Then you'll have teabaggers tying this in to Obamacare costing the jobs of loggers or some stupid crap like that
turn the loggers into workers for Husbandry.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,351,083 times
Oh Noez!! People are going to know what they're eating??
I can has outrage?

Old 09-05-2013, 05:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,983,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh Noez!! People are going to know what they're eating??
I can has outrage?
They had the same arguments for GMO labeling in California. Go figure. Honestly, teabaggers should just follow Obama's advice and sit in the back of the bus where they belong. Let the adults sit in the front and stay in charge

Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,869,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
what increased costs?

so what increased costs?

Why the hell would restaurant owners spend all that money printing paper menus? Because maybe, prepare to be shocked, their customers want paper menus? No! It can't be!

I really don't care to delve into the specifics, suffice to say that how we deal with menus now is just fine, and if the consumer prefers different, he can patronize those who provide it.

I'm just referring to this ridiculous and logically weak excuse for wasteful policy that I've seen a million times, and while the context of this thread makes the post I responded to about the most meaningless example of such an argument being used, it's an example nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies