Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the gun control measures that NJ has passed?
Yes 24 32.88%
No 49 67.12%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:37 PM

478 posts, read 700,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
[/color]

The word 'gun' has been banned in many schools. Pictures of guns have been banned. I have a picture that a kindergarten kid made by gluing little pieces of glitter into a random shape resembling nothing. When the teacher asked what it was, the kid said a 'a gun'. Teacher asked the kid if he wanted to reconsider naming his art work. He insisted it was a gun. Teacher wriote a note home to his parents telling them his art could not be dispalyed with the others and that guns are not good.

"An 11-year-old boy who hopes to become a Navy SEAL was suspended from a Maryland school after he used the word 'gun' in a conversation on board a school bus."

"A 6-year-old boy who was suspended from his elementary school for making a gun gesture with his hand and saying "pow" is fighting his suspension through a lawyer"

"An attorney for an Anne Arundel County 7-year-old suspended from school for nibbling a breakfast pastry into the shape of a pistol is seeking to have the student's record expunged, and said he plans to appeal to Maryland's highest court if necessary."

Just a few examples of banned words, speech and pictures inschools, plenty more examples.

Every time a crime is commited, whether it relates to guns or not, legislators take advantage, especially if the crime stirs deep emotions, to generate feel good laws that restrict in some way, a simple freedom that used to exist. Crime has a ripple effect in that way. Laws banning certain types of weapons that were commonplace before the ban now make those owners criminals. Kneejerk legisaltion is actually the great slippery slope dems and libs use to advance social justice rules that ban dodge ball and keeping score.

Sufafed went over the counter in the late 70s and now you have to sign for it.

A guy from out west is flying in to allentown gun show with guns he intends to sell. He is above board and leagl and declares the guns. His fly is diverted to newark, an unplanned stop. They put the passengers ona bus to allentown but fail to load the guys luggage so he opts out and stays ata hotel until he can get to allentown the next day with his guns. He declares his guns and gets arrested on some technicality. Not unlike the marine visiting Mexico with a shotgun he declared and was imprisoned. The there was the activist judge that tossed a guy in jail...the same judge CC threw out of office.

Then there was the guy from maine, moving to texas who pulll over to sleep in his vehicle in readington twp. Perfectly legal guns and ammo in TX and ME now extridited from TX and serving time in NJ.

BB guns are now treated the same as a semi-automatic rifle or shotgun. Used to be able to buy a bb gun without an id, now you can't. Many towns used to ban the discharge of firearms and changed the law to 'weapons' to include air rifles/bb guns and archery gear.

Every crime demands more safety regs be legislated to protect us from ourselves. Again restricting behaviors because of the actions of a few. Because your cousin tripped and fell on your neighbors property you are now not allowed to play there. All for your safety.

Guns may have been traced back to a few out of state locations but what is missing is that anyone of Newark's 41 gangs or affiliates in the northeast are the distributors of those guns. Any recent laws to address this problem?

What is also missing is that other towns are without physical borders and they do not have the murder rate of a newark or camden.

Federal reports recognize the prolific distribution of illegal guns in the northeast by gangs. Any gang restrictions... nope the aclu and social justice advocates ensure gang members rights are not infringed upon.
All the examples you quoted above may be considered extreme, however, they should also alert anyone with common sense just how sensitive and concerned that everyone has become in schools and the workplace to even borderline inappropriate behavior involving guns. As long as the NRA squashes any effort to improve safety and government doesn't act to reduce the growing threat of more mass shootings your going to find school systems and businesses taking all measures possible to reduce their liability should something occur. This is what happens when an obvious growing problem/threat exists and no one exercises common sense to mitigate the threat. Compromise is needed but the NRA and gun nuts can't even spell that let alone consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 04:44 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,079,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Anyone that posts pictures of his "favorite" assault style weapons and can talk in detail about their "features" like some fanatics talk about sports teams and statistic details clearly spends way too much time studying and memorizing weapon specifications. NO one does this except gun nuts !!!
There's nothing more boring than a gun nut or car nut or Iphone/tech geek rattling off specifications and pontificating on meaningless minutiae that NO ONE gives 2 sh#ts about. Avoid such people at a party or work at all costs.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:04 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,396,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
There's nothing more boring than a gun nut or car nut or Iphone/tech geek rattling off specifications and pontificating on meaningless minutiae that NO ONE gives 2 sh#ts about. Avoid such people at a party or work at all costs.
Also avoid them on C-D via the Ignore list.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Anyone that posts pictures of his "favorite" assault style weapons and can talk in detail about their "features" like some fanatics talk about sports teams and statistic details clearly spends way too much time studying and memorizing weapon specifications. NO one does this except gun nuts !!!
who do you think you are kidding? both you and ebwick have lied about what i said (why did you quote "favorite"? i never used that word). but you are more of a joke because everyone knows that "features" are a critical part of the gun control debate. you are better off just avoiding my question and not trying to pretend that "features" are not important when it comes to gun control. nobody will support that position on either side of the argument, you just look clueless when you say it.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
who do you think you are kidding? both you and ebwick have lied about what i said (why did you quote "favorite"? i never used that word). but you are more of a joke because everyone knows that "features" are a critical part of the gun control debate. you are better off just avoiding my question and not trying to pretend that "features" are not important when it comes to gun control. nobody will support that position on either side of the argument, you just look clueless when you say it.
Two posters of "impact weapons" at least one of which you label as "classic". Two "random" posters with no particular significance to you picked as examples by happen chance.....it would seem unlikely based upon your obviously annoyed response above.....clearly someone has touched a nerve by poking fun at your "favorite" weapons posters. Tell me.....when you bought those impact weapons posters did they come with a free jar of Vaseline ?

Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Two posters of "impact weapons" at least one of which you label as "classic". Two "random" posters with no particular significance to you picked as examples by happen chance.....it would seem unlikely based upon your obviously annoyed response above.....clearly someone has touched a nerve by poking fun at your "favorite" weapons posters. Tell me.....when you bought those impact weapons posters did they come with a free jar of Vaseline ?
I generally consider it a sign that your position is seriously flawed when you resort to lying and childish attacks.

hmmm I know you are being dishonest about the whole features issue because you know that you are hiding your ignorance. however, this weird thing you said about about me posting "posters" of my "favorite" guns may just be more of your ignorance. let me help you. those are "pictures" not "posters" of different guns that are for sale at that web site. im hoping other people who own or are looking to purchase those types of weapons will chime in with their input. did you read the posts or just see the pictures and then write something dumb?

so at the moment, you seem to be the person most interested in a gun control debate and yet the least interested in actually knowing anything about gun control. so lets see if you bothered reading anything; so if someone was to take a rifle and decide what features make it a military style assault rifle to be banned and what would make it acceptable; what would they be?

Old 09-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Awww, dude. I saw this Uzi at the range the other day. She was dark, mysterious with a hint of danger. Those Israeli chicks are SMOKIN!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:

so lets see if you bothered reading anything
No......sorry.....I start you read your posts but then break down in hysterical laughter and never get to finish.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
those are "pictures" not "posters" of different guns that are for sale at that web site.
Oh Baby Oh Baby.......rub that oil on me and then polish me soft and slow me till I shine !!!

Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Oh Baby Oh Baby.......rub that oil on me and then polish me soft and slow me till I shine !!!
Debbie Does the Dallas Gun Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies