Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
If you were going to post the benefits of swimming pools, I would point out that they are very dangerous and not something you want if you want children.

A swimming pool is far more likely to save a life (through exercise, early death) than a gun BTW. your chance of being a homicide is what 1 in a few hundred thousand ? 400k? Guns will kill you via suicide, spouse fights, accident, etc.

At least swimming pools have a proven benefit
I have 50+ guns, a pool and a 4 year old. Still alive. Defying the LSD's odds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Also if the firearm had been secure , this would not have happened. Gun ownership comes along with some serious responsbilities.
..and when something like this happens, the gun owner's rights to own a gun should be relinquished. Period!

Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
..and when something like this happens, the gun owner's rights to own a gun should be relinquished. Period!
Actually, if you spit one child after another on welfare, you give up the right to reproduce.

Kay?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Actually, if you spit one child after another on welfare, you give up the right to reproduce.

Kay?
How is this even remotely related to the topic?

Am I to assume that you disagree with what I stated?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Lol, the kellerman study, thoroughly debunked. Nice try though.
Kellermann-Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home

Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
How is this even remotely related to the topic?

Am I to assume that you disagree with what I stated?
Its the same thing.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I have 50+ guns, a pool and a 4 year old. Still alive. Defying the LSD's odds.

50+ guns? Expecting an invasion?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
50+ guns? Expecting an invasion?
50+ guns is no big deal, just a well rounded collection.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol, the kellerman study, thoroughly debunked. Nice try though.
Kellermann-Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home
I'm not trying to do anything. You asked who is more likely to hurt others and I answered. I have other links and stats but obviously we should simply disagree and leave it at that.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:16 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
It's not my fault 1/2 the states have bad lawyers is it? What is it they don't understand about "Shall Not be Infringed?

And yeah open carry guys do tend to be more intelligent over all above those who remain unarmed and dependent on the system of injustice. Hell I would carry a cop, but these pastry testers are plain to heavy.

You must understand I already shot 1 bad guy with the cops on the phone, stating they are not my personal body guards.

You must also understand it took swat 3.5 hours to suit up and drive 3 city blocks 3.5 hours too late to save my father and mother in law lives.

You must understand if I should even again need to call for assistance it will be to the Fire Dept because they will come.

Chances are at this point in time should I encounter any bad guy it will be more a case of shoot, shovel, and shut up.

The system of Injustice isn't getting any more chances.

It appears as you don't know a thing about guns , about gun laws, and the reasons and How To you can use a fire arm to defend yourself and not go to Jail. In my case i didn't even get a free ride down town.

Looking back in retrospect, had I know what the bad guy was, doing time, convicted of 6 violent drug related crimes, finding he was wanted for 6 more, then me, then the woman after me, since he was only wounded and high high high and then the cops came and had to break both of his thumbs, because he was choking her infant child to death, I may well have fired higher and more than once.

Open carry armed men just know they are secure in their persons. They know they have no need to fear. My only problem with open carry is why give up the surprise. So I carry in a holster type that costs more than a cheap gun.

Permits: Permits are just paper. Permits are no different than toilet paper, and are just govt permission for something no one needs any permission for, Of course there is always a FEE.

You don't need papers for Rights and you don't need any govt permission.

But I still have my very first permit, and because the govt figure a chief of police from Mass no less blew his own brains out with his side arm. That was to remind me about the govt and it little papers.

There is nothing different about us. We are the same. The slight difference is you haven't yet been made a victim, and i am not ever going to be a victim again.
So I need to say nothing more besides the fact that you're basically an extremist and not capable of intelligently debating an issue. Thanks for making this an easy reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies