Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,760,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They are emotionalist..They dont give a damn about facts.
They are control freaks... It doesn't matter what the topic is, they want control. They want to force their values on everyone else, and they are for big government because they need the government to be able to intrude on everyone else's personal freedoms...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What crack head or meth addict do you know of that can keep a job?
It is scientifically easier than those who maintain a job AND an alcohol habit, and those people are DEAD common.

The Rational Choices of Crack Addicts

Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin

Quote:
Hard drugs breed more crime and violence.
Incorrect, the black market breeds more crime and violence and the ONLY way to get rid of the black market is to replace it with a legitimate one.

Quote:
They aren't just hurting themselves, but they will become a strain on everyone else around them from the children that can't take care of, to the money they'll steal to support their habit, to the money tax payers will have to shell out for them.
Do you advocate outlawing alcohol? It is a "harder" drug than they are.

Quote:
I'm for the legalization of MJ and other soft drugs, but hard drugs, no...
To be intellectually honest, you must be for the prohibition of alcohol then....

Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Again, every individual has the right to choose what they ingest into their body... they own it. Would you do crack and meth tomorrow if they were legalized?
Let me ask you this, would more or less people do it if it were perfectly legal and sold over the counter? I'm against locking up addicts & I agree it's their right, but the sale and distribution of hard drugs should remain illegal IMHO.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:54 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this, would more or less people do it if it were perfectly legal and sold over the counter? I'm against locking up addicts & I agree it's their right, but the sale and distribution of hard drugs should remain illegal IMHO.
Cant we tax it and use siad funds for rehab?

Also if they want to kill themselves with drugs why should stop them?

Its there life to live or end.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,504,712 times
Quote:
Probably less...

Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal

The sale and distribution of drugs being ILLEGAL is what causes violence, if it were legal, it would be regulated. In the black market, gangs know they are already breaking the law so they can't involve police if competitor uses violence upon them... in a legitimate market there is no violence because competitors would just call the cops on the offender.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Not really. Hitler is the perfect example of how stupid people can be when they elect leaders and ignore their transgressions. People are stupid and they look for someone to lead them even if it's off a cliff. If you take away the people's right to defend themselves then they have no recourse to correct their stupid mistakes.

The U.S. is universally thought to have a three tiered system of checks and balances. Like a triangle. It's actually four tiered (and even more stable) with the fourth leg being an armed citizenry.

Anyways, that's logical considering the past. Your position is the illogical one that ignores history and human nature and it is based on feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
That's irrelevant. Why don't you take 2 seconds to read the Second Amendment. You said you know the laws of society...
I know exactly what it says. Apparently, you can't grasp how it was written during a time when monarchs and the divine rights of king was very much alive on the most powerful continent at the time. Since then, most of the world has adopted some form of democracy and survived without the American style "right to bear arms".

The fourth leg isn't an armed citizenry. It's the media and our non-governmental institutions.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I know exactly what it says. Apparently, you can't grasp how it was written during a time when monarchs and the divine rights of king was very much alive on the most powerful continent at the time. Since then, most of the world has adopted some form of democracy and survived without the American style "right to bear arms".

The fourth leg isn't an armed citizenry. It's the media and our non-governmental institutions.
The media are lap dogs at this point.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:15 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

So we don't have dictatorships in the modern age?

Yeah its not like they never have any agenda, basis, or ever carry water for certain parties or views, or issues..Right?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Over a decade of war and billions of dollars later and the U.S. hasn't been able to win wars against people in third world countries.... and you people think they could take on the most well armed populace on Earth? People that at least half the military would refuse to fire upon?

Laughable.

An engineer in this country has access to all the information and resources necessary to make his own weaponized drones...

History is FULL of Goliath's falling to David's....

Brilliant post!

And if I may add, so much of this country is bitterly divided along so many lines. So many people have little in common with others in this country........no common language, no real borders, no common values, races that dislike and distrust the other, massive ideological divides.........no REAL unity in this country.

Look at Katrina and compare it to how the Japanese behaved during their HUGE natural disaster, LMFAO.

This country is ripe for a huge downfall.........if serious, large-scale guerilla warfare was to kick-off, things would degenerate quite quickly.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
It is scientifically easier than those who maintain a job AND an alcohol habit, and those people are DEAD common.

The Rational Choices of Crack Addicts

Drug experts say alcohol worse than crack or heroin
You can not even get a job with a crack habit, so your assertion of a functioning 9 to 5 crack head questionable. Most jobs do pre-employment and random drug test. What jobs are all these crack heads that you know of are doing?

Quote:
Incorrect, the black market breeds more crime and violence and the ONLY way to get rid of the black market is to replace it with a legitimate one.
Whether it's on the black market or not, drugs breed more crime. If Alcohol was illegal, yes more under ground crime would exist, but less people would also drink and the thousands of yearly alcohol related deaths would stop.

Quote:
People have a right to ingest stupid chemicals and eff up their lives, it is none of our business.
So people who are addicted to alcohol do not effect anyone else's lives but there own? Also your article does not post how the study was done. It does not state if their findings (comparison) is relative (per capita) or how they came up with their scores. For one, it states that alcohol, which is legal, is more dangerous than the illegal drugs because more people abuse, consume, and die from it compared to the illegal drugs. That does not help your case much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies