Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Another good question to ask, in the local areas where he was arrested for gun violence, like shooting out tires and through the floor of his apartment, why and then hell was he not convicted? He was never even brought to trial.

If either of those incidents had ended in his conviction, he would have been flagged on the background checks system also.
They probably feared being called racist. So now 12 people are dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We need to downsize all branches of the military.

Contractors generally get paid higher monetary amounts, because they don't have the insurance cost of the military, as well as housing, and food.
While we're at it, we need to downsize welfare rolls.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They probably feared being called racist. So now 12 people are dead.
What does race have to do with this tragic incident?

Why does every thread have to have at least one race baiting post in it (often way more than one)?

What color was Adam Lanza? Did you mention race in any of the multiple threads about the Sandy Hook tragedy?

I can't understand why it's allowed, over and over.........

Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What ever happened to that 90% figure that Barack Obama like to throw around in his failed attempt at gun control?

65% is much different than 90%.

How could there be a 25% drop AFTER the vote?

I don't think your post is a good way to prove your point. Afterall, it denotes quite clearly the DROP in support.
I'm not Barack Obama, so I don't speak for him. I'm simply saying this is not a dead issue. Even if Obama doesn't get expanded background checks, eventually another president will.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Why does every thread have to have at least one race baiting post in it (often way more than one)?

What color was Adam Lanza? Did you mention race in any of the multiple threads about the Sandy Hook tragedy?

It was pointed out many times that Lanza being a white male had a greater propensity to commit a spree shooting. Same with the lunatic white dudes in Aurora and Tucson.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:18 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
A shotgun is what the shooter used to get the AR and pistol.
(yawn)

No AR-15 was used in yesterday's Navy Yard shooting..... despite strident insistence from liberal fanatics to the contrary.

CNN: AR-15 Was Not Used in Navy Yard Shooting - Katie Pavlich

Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
more faux outrage from the resident rwnj
It's a silly job but someone's gotta do it.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:27 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
(yawn)

No AR-15 was used in yesterday's Navy Yard shooting..... despite strident insistence from liberal fanatics to the contrary.

CNN: AR-15 Was Not Used in Navy Yard Shooting - Katie Pavlich
That is correct.

Even IF he took a rifle from a victim, the military guards there don't have M16s (AR-15). They carry M14s

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-17-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Well the truth is the truth. That's how you see life obviously we get how you see the world and merely pointing out the fact. Not liking it thrown in your face much?

Old 09-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm not Barack Obama, so I don't speak for him. I'm simply saying this is not a dead issue. Even if Obama doesn't get expanded background checks, eventually another president will.
Right now I don't care. Just so Obama isn't in office

Just thought I would send Obama loving democrats and liberals bouncing off the wall. Ok, got my popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies