Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Without the farmers of the Central Valley - Americans would have much less variety and quantity of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as meat and dairy products, all which are produced by the red counties of the region.

No - not only Republicans farm - but it is really odd that the left has so much hate for the people who provide such a bountiful harvest.
So, you have zero proof of your claim that conservatives are producing the bulk of the food consumed in the United States and are resorting to some specious connection to the voting patterns of the counties where the farms are located?

Since Wall Street is located in a blue county, is that considered proof that liberals are responsible for producing the bulk of the wealth and investment income in the United States?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Republicans believe in a free market
I'd be extremely surprised if a Republican farmer ever refused a Federal crop subsidy, or (in the case of California) water from a state-subsidized water project.

Do you really think those Republican farmers would be happier if they had to pay full market value for the water they use?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,465,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It is typical that a liberal, when confronted with facts he hates but cannot refute, counters with a blatant lie like this.

I suspect it's to change the subject, and get conservatives arguing over whether they "hate Mexicans",
... says the person who, without bothering to provide even the tiniest shred of proof, accuses all liberals of "hating" farmers.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
So, you have zero proof of your claim that conservatives are producing the bulk of the food consumed in the United States?
Harrier never claimed that conservatives produce the bulk of the food consumed in the United States - he did show that the political makeup in the most productive agricultural region in the U.S.A. is largely conservative.

You really ought to try reading threads more thoroughly before putting words in Harrier's mouth.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ugh, I'm so sick of this hyper-partisan rubbish.
Yep. I'm starting to use the ignore feature more...just added the OP.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ugh, I'm so sick of this hyper-partisan rubbish.
How come you don't seem to complain about partisan liberals, hmmm?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Are you seriously trying to claim that conservatives produce all of the food that Americans eat?
not all.
just most.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times
When I read any post that contains "the left hates" or "the right hates" I know its total BS being passed on by someone incapable of leaving their neat little pidgeonhole world. I feel sad for the poster and hope one day they mature and join the adult world.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:39 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Farmers have always been mostly conservative. The uncertainty of growing crops makes them naturally conservative.
And most farmers are aging quickly now. The majority of our farmers are now in their 60's and 70's.

This may change as a new generation of people who were born and raised in suburbia are now returning to the land. These folks seek both a different lifestyle and a different way of making their living. As newcomers to farming, they are much more aware of the practices of the past, and are keeping those that work while seeking to change or eliminate those that don't work.
Most of them are better educated than the old generation, and most are quicker to adopt new technologies and are more willing to get more from less ground. Agriculture is under the economic radar, but it is undergoing as big a revolution as other sectors of our economy right now, and eventually will be just as different as other industries in years to come.
Good post. People have to also realize that things like vegetables and meat don't just simply "show up" on grocery store shelves and freezers. It's not magic. It takes farmers and ranchers to go behind the scenes to make everything work, along with those who ship the goods. Too bad the liberals want to take those things away from us through overregulation. I guess they just want everyone to sit quietly with folded hands. Thankfully, my food and yours didn't get produced with folded hands.

We need to encourage new farmers and ranchers and teach our young people that the work that's done in the field brings food to our tables.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:40 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,103 times
My head is still here. And it's still smarter than your head. Thread fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies