Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,091,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Hear that ole Harrier? The stench of hypocrisy & thread fail. Lick it up baby, enjoy!
Do you believe everything that random people post on the interwebz?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM

20,742 posts, read 19,442,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Central Valley agriculture is probably the biggest welfare system in America. The Central Valley projects involved water stolen from other parts of the state and given to farmers/speculators who drive around on their tax-subsidized roads, to get their subsidies, and hire tons of illegal laborers, all the while listening to Limbaugh.

I grew up there. I know the place. The stench of hypocrisy hangs heavy in the air.
Maybe it will precipitate and help wash away the salt buildup.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And they make their money on the backs of undocumented Mexicans doing stoop labor in the fields.

It's always been like that. When Orange County was full of oranges there were undocumented Mexicans working in the groves and canning factories. THEIR children are now the Democrats who elected Loretta Sanchez to Congress.

Karma is a *****.
You forgot to mention why the people you cited are "undocumented" - because they broke the law when they entered this country.

If they had come legally then they would possess proper documentation.

The proper term is illegal alien - of which Santa Ana and Anaheim have plenty.

You forgot that Rep. Sanchez's district has a substantial Vietnamese population - it is not a Hispanic block - and certainly not full of anchor babies.

There are plenty of Hispanic Republicans in the area as well - but they tend to be children of legal citizens.

Thanks for clarifying that people who support lawbreakers tend to vote for Democrats.

Loretta and her sister are alright - they just have some nutty political viewpoints, and unfortunately enact policy based on those failed liberal ideas.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,530,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The Central Valley of California is the most productive agricultural region in the United States. The vast variety of fruits, nuts, and vegetables grown in the Valley is astounding, and the harvest from its fields is likely to be found in your mid-day salad. It's year round growing climate and its farmers ability to produce a surplus in critical crops allows California to feed not only the nation, but also the world.

California's agricultural bounty | Columnists content from Western Farm Press

As can be seen by the map in the link below, the majority of Central Valley counties are red.

2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com

That begs the question: Why do Democrats and liberals hate the Republicans who feed them?
have you ever been there? I am from there. the place is a f***ing nightmare. the whole economy revolves around the cheap labor of undocumented workers and the low wage jobs of businesses that serve them. the rest of the people are on welfare. the only successful people I know who are not in ag either work in education or for one of the many prisons in the area. and the whole premise of your thread is ridiculous. these farmers aren't "feeding us" for free.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,805,237 times
Quote:
You forgot to mention why the people you cited are "undocumented" - because they broke the law when they entered this country.

If they had come legally then they would possess proper documentation.

The proper term is illegal alien.

Loretta and her sister are alright - they just have some nutty political viewpoints, and unfortunately enact policy based on those failed liberal ideas.
The Central Valley is a lot like the serf-lord system our ancestors left, but which Republicans want to reinstate. A few wealth landowners, who own the political system and a bunch of poor folks who don't. The only problem with this plan is that the Mexican-Americans are taking over the Valley, and they will be ruling the roost very soon. Not all folks in the Valley are conservatives, by a long shot.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM

20,742 posts, read 19,442,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good post. People have to also realize that things like vegetables and meat don't just simply "show up" on grocery store shelves and freezers. It's not magic. It takes farmers and ranchers to go behind the scenes to make everything work, along with those who ship the goods. Too bad the liberals want to take those things away from us through overregulation. I guess they just want everyone to sit quietly with folded hands. Thankfully, my food and yours didn't get produced with folded hands.

We need to encourage new farmers and ranchers and teach our young people that the work that's done in the field brings food to our tables.
And how is that going to work with "California’s food enjoyed around the world.".

Took care of them crooks. I hardly buy California produce anymore. It must be because I have regulated them.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,195,139 times
Quote:
If you want to get rid of the sequester, then tell President Obama, since he is responsible for the sequester.

Very interesting that you consider a big government program to be "feeding America" rather than productive, working people who make real contributions through their efforts.

That is the difference between Democrats and Republcans - Democrats think that allowing people to sit on their butts and giving them money confiscated at gunpoint from others is good, while Republicans believe that people are capable of taking care of themselves, support encouraging employment, and the help of private charity to meet the needs of people.
The sequster belongs to the Teapublicans who have been undermining this country via a do nothing Congress that is in critical need of something equivalent of a crop dusting. Republicans as they are today (Teapublicans) do not give a **** about anything but themsleves.

Republicans will own economic damage done by sequester

http://swampland.time.com/2013/03/04...flicted-wound/

There are working poor that are suffering too. I've been thru this debate with you on other various threads so I am not wasting my time here, but I will say this, you consider yourself a religious person, but you are not fooling anyone, least of all me. Hypocrite extaordinaire.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:21 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,180,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
have you ever been there? I am from there. the place is a f***ing nightmare. the whole economy revolves around the cheap labor of undocumented workers and the low wage jobs of businesses that serve them. the rest of the people are on welfare. the only successful people I know who are not in ag either work in education or for one of the many prisons in the area. and the whole premise of your thread is ridiculous. these farmers aren't "feeding us" for free.
hear that ole Harrier? Another person proving your posts ignorant, as usual. Another thread fail. How embarrassing for you!

Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,465,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It is typical that a liberal, when confronted with facts he hates but cannot refute, counters with a blatant lie like this.

I suspect it's to change the subject, and get conservatives arguing over whether they "hate Mexicans", rather than arguing over whether they are the ones producing enough food to feed all Americans and much of the rest of the world.
It was tongue in cheek. The OP said that liberals hate Republicans through nonsensical logic, I used the same logic to come to an equally false conclusion.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
these farmers aren't "feeding us" for free.
Once again - someone puts words into Harrier's mouth.

Harrier never said that Central Valley farmers were feeding anyone for free.

It really must be interesting inside your head - a place where input enters one way and leaves entirely different.

Incidentally, do you think that farmers should grow food and not be compensated for their work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies