Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:14 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,579,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Tocco is an anti-vaccine advocate. None of her 5 kids have had any vaccines, she believes in "natural health care" and is a "dedicated Christian".
Mary Tocco's Bio | Independent Vaccine Researcher | ChildHoodShots.com

Biblical Reasons Not to Vaccinate - by Mary Tocco
Biblical Reasons Not to Vaccinate | ChildhoodShots.com
Yes, very bright woman. Her daughter is Dr. Renee Tocco.

According to testimony before the CDC advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines (ACCV), Thursday, October 28, 2010 presented by Dr. Renee Tocco, on behalf of the National Coalition of Organized Women, (NCOW) the number of miscarriages we as high as 3,587 nationwide. Miscarriages, a pretty bad vaccine side effect! Dr. Renee went on to testify that the H1N1 flu pandemic was based on false information from the Center of Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Mary Tocco -- Seasonal Flu Vaccines, Are They Safe or Necessary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Tocco is an anti-vaccine advocate. None of her 5 kids have had any vaccines, she believes in "natural health care" and is a "dedicated Christian".
Mary Tocco's Bio | Independent Vaccine Researcher | ChildHoodShots.com

Biblical Reasons Not to Vaccinate - by Mary Tocco
Biblical Reasons Not to Vaccinate | ChildhoodShots.com
Biblical reasons not to vaccinate? Well, I'm sold!
I guess there was also a biblical reason for the Spanish Flu, which killed about 75 million people. Those people were heretics and had to be punished.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelva View Post
The university / medical center where I work, has required flu shots (for those who work at that ENTIRE facility - teaching and admin buildings too!) for a few years now. You can opt out, but if you do, you have to wear a face mask daily during flu season.

Last year, the requirement even extended to outdoor workers - gardeners, facility maintenance, parking attendants, etc. Also, admin staff, and all are included - no matter.

IMO, I prefer not to have a flu shot. A question I have is, even if you do get a flu shot - can't you still be a carrier of a flu virus? (on your hands, etc)

Anyway, this place just makes it AS DIFFICULT AS POSSIBLE to opt out.
Flu transmission is airborne and droplet. You can pick up the virus on your hands, but that's the reason hand-washing is stressed even more than usual during flu season.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:23 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,943,072 times
Quote:
I'm in Texas, kids can't enroll in public school without a list of vaccinations. I'm sure it's the same in other states.
Most states have exemptions. However, this can vary.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Yes, very bright woman. Her daughter is Dr. Renee Tocco.

According to testimony before the CDC advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines (ACCV), Thursday, October 28, 2010 presented by Dr. Renee Tocco, on behalf of the National Coalition of Organized Women, (NCOW) the number of miscarriages we as high as 3,587 nationwide. Miscarriages, a pretty bad vaccine side effect! Dr. Renee went on to testify that the H1N1 flu pandemic was based on false information from the Center of Disease Control and the World Health Organization.
Mary Tocco -- Seasonal Flu Vaccines, Are They Safe or Necessary?
Vaccines were used to keep horses sterile in the govt programs. They found it to be the most effective method. However, that was claimed to not affect carriage of fetus.

US govt code definition of animals. This includes humans.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/7/136

http://www.fort.usgs.gov/wildhorsepo...traception.asp
PZP and Adjudin exist, appears to be used and usage on humans is also discussed.
http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20110...0110060003.php

Old 09-22-2013, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Vaccines were used to keep horses sterile in the govt programs. They found it to be the most effective method. However, that was claimed to not affect carriage of fetus.

US govt code definition of animals. This includes humans.
7 USC § 136 - Definitions | Title 7 - Agriculture | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

http://www.fort.usgs.gov/wildhorsepo...traception.asp
PZP and Adjudin exist, appears to be used and usage on humans is also discussed.
http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20110...0110060003.php
Nothing about standard vaccines that I can see in these links. They're talking about specific immunological agents for preventing pregnancy in horses.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nothing about standard vaccines that I can see in these links. They're talking about specific immunological agents for preventing pregnancy in horses.
Nothing was said about "standard" vaccines. The article is pretty clear about what it is discussing. The connection is vaccines, the immune system and pregnancy/fertility.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Nothing was said about "standard" vaccines. The article is pretty clear about what it is discussing. The connection is vaccines, the immune system and pregnancy/fertility.
Now I just skimmed the articles, but I did not see the word vaccine in there. And they're not talking about giving horses vaccines for an infectious disease that will concomitantly sterilize them, they're talking about specific agents to prevent pregnancy. Pretty big leap there!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now I just skimmed the articles, but I did not see the word vaccine in there. And they're not talking about giving horses vaccines for an infectious disease that will concomitantly sterilize them, they're talking about specific agents to prevent pregnancy. Pretty big leap there!
Nobody said anything about infectious diseases either. These agents also can sterilize permanently. Did you read the patent? Not sure where you are leaping. Look at the names, since you are hung up on the convenient omission of the magic word vaccine. Look over to the right at the desc of how it works.
quote:
PZP acts as a foreign protein against which the treated mare produces antibodies (thus, the PZP fertility control agent is actually a vaccine).

In addition, in 2011 the USGS, BLM, and the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS; Department of Agriculture) began studies on the safety and efficacy of SpayVac®, a form of PZP made using a proprietary technology developed by Immunovaccine Inc. (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada).

Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,684,964 times
Quote:
I'm in Texas, kids can't enroll in public school without a list of vaccinations. I'm sure it's the same in other states.
Oh God that is also the case up here in NH.

Massachusetts isn't too far behind either. I take online classes through a school in the Mass college system. Keep in mind I don't physically go to class anymore because it is far. I signed up or 4 classes this semester and received a letter from the school nurse informing me that my immunization record was incomplete and in order to take all 4 classes, I was required to have those shots. Believe me, nobody I know has had more shots than I have. I was vaccinated here (all scheduled shots by the time I was 2), then I ended up having to receive all shots AGAIN when I moved to Brazil because my records were lost. Then I moved back here and had to get all shots done again while in the military because I couldn't get ahold of my vaccination records abroad. They wouldn't accept titers (go figure). I had to get my 6th dose of MMR last month because the hospital I work at requires it and my military records only show 1 dose. I have had mumps, measles and rubella in the past by the way. I also have an auto-immune skin disorder and vaccines exacerbate it.

So anyway, I called the school nurse and was told that if I were to take 3 classes instead of 4, they wouldn't need a copy of my vaccines records. How the hell does that make sense. I know it is Massachusetts law but what is the difference?

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 09-22-2013 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies