Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:14 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,946,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Oh God I wish that is also the case up here in NH.

Massachusetts isn't too far behind either. I take online classes through a school in the Mass college system. Keep in mind I don't physically go to class anymore because it is far. I signed up or 4 classes this semester and received a letter from the school nurse informing me that my immunization record was incomplete and in order to take all 4 classes, I was required to have those shots. Believe me, nobody I know has had more shots than I have. I was vaccinated here (all scheduled shots by the time I was 2), then I ended up having to receive all shots AGAIN when I moved to Brazil because my records were lost. Then I moved back here and had to get all shots done again while in the military because I couldn't get ahold of my vaccination records abroad. They wouldn't accept titers (go figure). I had to get my 6th dose of MMR last month because the hospital I work at requires it and my military records only show 1 dose. I have had mumps, measles and rubella in the past by the way. I also have an auto-immune skin disorder and vaccines exacerbate it.

So anyway, I called the school nurse and was told that if I were to take 3 classes instead of 4, they wouldn't need a copy of my vaccines records. How the hell does that make sense. I know it is Massachusetts law but what is the difference?
Not sure what the goal is here, but looks like they have Religious and Medical exemptions.
Massachusetts State Exemption Information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Nobody said anything about infectious diseases either. These agents also can sterilize permanently. Did you read the patent? Not sure where you are leaping. Look at the names, since you are hung up on the convenient omission of the magic word vaccine. Look over to the right at the desc of how it works.
quote:
PZP acts as a foreign protein against which the treated mare produces antibodies (thus, the PZP fertility control agent is actually a vaccine).

In addition, in 2011 the USGS, BLM, and the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS; Department of Agriculture) began studies on the safety and efficacy of SpayVac®, a form of PZP made using a proprietary technology developed by Immunovaccine Inc. (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada).
OK, I saw the sidebar. However, the vaccine is not permanent sterilization except PERHAPS after four years of use, and it has nothing to do with flu vaccine. Talk about fear-mongering! Such tactics have kept polio alive in a few countries.

Many hospitals in the US have similar policies-get a flu shot or wear a mask the entire season. Good for them!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
OK, I saw the sidebar. However, the vaccine is not permanent sterilization except PERHAPS after four years of use, and it has nothing to do with flu vaccine. Talk about fear-mongering! Such tactics have kept polio alive in a few countries.

Many hospitals in the US have similar policies-get a flu shot or wear a mask the entire season. Good for them!
You are the one claiming fear mongering and tactics. LOL. I have been clear in what I stated. You can have any perceptions you want, but please claim them rather than project them onto others. I posted accurate information. It is up to individuals to read it and make their own conclusions. Something you should do before repeatedly commenting incorrectly.

I don't need people thinking for me nor do I attempt to do so for them. No one said it was related to the flu. Again I stated the connections, go back and read. And if you read the patent you can see it can be used for permanent sterilization with one dose. Again you are incorrect. What does polio have to do with this?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,957,181 times
^^Quite the wordsmith you are there! You quoted a post about vaccines in general, and flu vaccines in particular supposedly causing miscarriages, and started talking about this horse contraceptive, which your own links state DOES NOT cause miscarriage, and then say "It is up to individuals to read it and make their own conclusions. ".

There is nothing in your links that says the vaccine causes permanent sterility after one dose. In fact, here's a quote: **Its effects passively wear off with time if annual injections are terminated; normal reproduction can be resumed following at least 4 years of use, and perhaps more. It does no harm if injected into mares that are already pregnant—they carry foals to term. Initial research suggests that PZP does not affect ovarian function or hormonal health. Life span seems to increase with improved health of treated mares, apparently due to the absence of stresses from pregnancy and lactation.

Such concerns about fertility have been used by certain "leaders" in some countries to get people to reject polio vaccine, something you would know if you knew much about vaccines.
What Led to the Nigerian Boycott of the Polio Vaccination Campaign?
Taliban: Polio vaccinations cause infertility and are part of a U.S.-sponsored anti-Muslim plot - Jihad Watch

Add: The thread is about flu vaccine, not horse contraceptive vaccine.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,870,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Eventually the government will force everyone to get a flu shot. Then they'll come up with another vaccine you don't need and force you to take it.
Where I work, it is my employer and not the government that mandates flu shots for all employed there or risk being fired!

Can you cite one example where the government here in the US mandates flu shots for its citizens? Those of you who fight for an employer, don't realize they have total control of your life while you work for them. Your only right left is to quit the job.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^Quite the wordsmith you are there! You quoted a post about vaccines in general, and flu vaccines in particular supposedly causing miscarriages, and started talking about this horse contraceptive, which your own links state DOES NOT cause miscarriage, and then say "It is up to individuals to read it and make their own conclusions. ".

There is nothing in your links that says the vaccine causes permanent sterility after one dose. In fact, here's a quote: **Its effects passively wear off with time if annual injections are terminated; normal reproduction can be resumed following at least 4 years of use, and perhaps more. It does no harm if injected into mares that are already pregnant—they carry foals to term. Initial research suggests that PZP does not affect ovarian function or hormonal health. Life span seems to increase with improved health of treated mares, apparently due to the absence of stresses from pregnancy and lactation.

Such concerns about fertility have been used by certain "leaders" in some countries to get people to reject polio vaccine, something you would know if you knew much about vaccines.
What Led to the Nigerian Boycott of the Polio Vaccination Campaign?
Taliban: Polio vaccinations cause infertility and are part of a U.S.-sponsored anti-Muslim plot - Jihad Watch

Add: The thread is about flu vaccine, not horse contraceptive vaccine.
Actually the thread is about a political move regarding vaccines. Not the Flu vaccine.

This is what I said in response to anothers quote. That related to miscarriages after vaccinations. I already explained the connections. Seriously your accusations are pointless. Go back and read.

CDusr said:
Vaccines were used to keep horses sterile in the govt programs. They found it to be the most effective method. However, that was claimed to not affect carriage of fetus.
-------------------------
Again if you read the patent. It plainly states it can be administered to permanently sterilize. One method is a single dose. Please read the patent before making false claims. Already stated this. Why you seem to have issues with people reading and drawing their own conclusions is beyond me. Obviously you need to do this since you keep making incorrect statements regarding the 2 links I posted. You might learn something.

http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20110...0110060003.php
quote:
In one embodiment, the compound can be administered in an effective amount for irreversibly sterilizing the subject. This can include one or more doses to impart sterility.
In one embodiment, the compound can be administered in an effective amount to induce sterility in the subject in a single dose. Alternatively, the compound can be administered in a multi-dose regimen to induce sterility in the subject.

Last edited by CDusr; 09-22-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Biblical reasons not to vaccinate? Well, I'm sold!
I guess there was also a biblical reason for the Spanish Flu, which killed about 75 million people. Those people were heretics and had to be punished.

And lets not forget about the flu pandemic of 1918. Must have been a very evil time for man because god sent this flu virus to wipe out 5% of the world population!

Quote:
The 1918 flu pandemic (January 1918 – December 1920)[1] was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic, the first of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus (the second being the 2009 flu pandemic). It infected 500 million people across the world, including remote Pacific islands and the Arctic, and killed 50 to 100 million of them—3 to 5 percent of the world's population at the time—making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history.
1918 flu pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,621,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where I work, it is my employer and not the government that mandates flu shots for all employed there or risk being fired!

Can you cite one example where the government here in the US mandates flu shots for its citizens? Those of you who fight for an employer, don't realize they have total control of your life while you work for them. Your only right left is to quit the job.
New York mandated it for all direct-contact health care workers. They did it without legislation and without passing an administrative rule properly. They basically commanded it. Then they ran out of supply so the people who actually could have benefited from the getting the shot for their patient populations could not. Typical government action.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:32 AM

25,976 posts, read 18,965,269 times
The one time I was "forced" to get a flu shot, I was sick as a goat for a week in ways I'd never felt before or since--way worse than any flu I've had over the years. I've not since had, nor will I ever get, another flu shot.

The problem with these mandatory "edicts" is that it doesn't even consider those who may have severe side-effects. It's the typical one-size-fits-all mentality of our generation. It's a statistical thing where adverse effects of disease are compared to adverse side effects of the "cure." If the percentage favors the cure, the edict is declared, and to hell with those who are adversely affected by the "cure." Spin that cylinder and pull the trigger, son.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
New York mandated it for all direct-contact health care workers. They did it without legislation and without passing an administrative rule properly. They basically commanded it. Then they ran out of supply so the people who actually could have benefited from the getting the shot for their patient populations could not. Typical government action.
As I understand it, they are given a choice: get a flu vaccine or wear a mask.

Personally, I wouldn't want some healthcare worker, who apparently lets ideology trump medical science, spreading the flu from compromised patients to compromised patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies