Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,069,261 times

Advertisements

What "evil plot". Look around this thing was supposed to take over in a week or so and NOBODY knows what the hell is going on, how much it will cost, where to sign up, how to administer it.....................on and on. It's a freaking mess. Are you going to sit here and say how wonderful it is?? Are you that fricken blind? What is wrong with you people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 11:15 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,587,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Seems to me that the parties have decided that the only way to win is to screw the other side. Or if they lose, they want to relitigate the same case 100 times. No one seems eager to make the best of the current situation and move forward. Taking health care as an example, why the hell not work together to improve the ACA? People may not be delighted with it, but they want it or something like it in principle, and helping to refine it seems far more productive than trying to repeal it. It seems to me that the drive to repeal ACA is simply a way to stick it to Obama, not to serve Americans.

More generally, how about doing something positive that would help the country, like end the war, help the Syrians, lower crime, pollution, etc.,etc. There is a lot to be done, but it seems like our politicians lack a drive to do good work. Although all politicians fight like wolverines during reelection, there has to be substantial periods of governance in between the fights. That is what we are not seeing these days.
ACA with Medicare and Medicaid and and all the regulations is just not economically viable in our country. If this country is going to stick with Health Care, they need to scrap all 3 and start over with something better. And the politicians need to be on it too. No exemptions.

The wars should be ended.
Help the Syrians, the ones that want to get out, Maybe. NOT those fighting.
Crime is going down. But yes more could be done. We need to end the war on drugs and deal with the gang problem.
Pollution is getting better too. We don't need more EPA regulations though.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,805,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What "evil plot". Look around this thing was supposed to take over in a week or so and NOBODY knows what the hell is going on, how much it will cost, where to sign up, how to administer it.....................on and on. It's a freaking mess. Are you going to sit here and say how wonderful it is?? Are you that fricken blind? What is wrong with you people?
I am not defending anything. But people don't want to go back to square one. They want to move forward. ObamaCare is a step forward. The GOP had a chance under Bush, and did absolutely nothing. So here we are. The point is, we need to work together to make it work, or amend, refine it, whatever, but leaving the uninsured out in the cold is not the right solution. I think I am speaking as a general American here, not a partisan. I have great health insurance through my work, but many people don't.

Partisan republicans want us to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That is not what the majority of the people want.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,277,397 times
Quote:
You aren't being fully honest here. Most Americans wanted health care reform. Republicans blocked it under Clinton and did nothing under Bush. The people had anxiety about ACA (after a full propaganda assault, scare mongering by the right), but it has been very clear for a very long time that they wanted a more comprehensive health care system that better served the people. Single payer was DOA, so we pursued the GOP idea (like RomneyCare). If the GOP had really shown compassion and action on this front they might have a leg to stand on. But, once again, they are manufacturing some evil plot from the Dems, when in reality the Dems were trying to meet the needs of the people. If the ACA is so bad, work together to improve it. Why is that option not accepted and pursued? THAT is what the people want.
No you are being less than honest if not accurate. Americans were for lowering the costs of healthcare, fixing a system of skyrocketing rates. ACA does little to address the problem.. Americans were for certain parts of it as described by the Democrats. Many of those parts that people liked have proven to not be true.
Some Unions supported the ACA when they believed it applied to everyone else.
If the Dems were representing the people this law never would have been passed as most of us were against it.
Propaganda assaults. Can you really say that? Can you really only accuse the GOP of such tactics?
Obama parades a chemical Engineer on stage and represents her as the average Illegal alien. In the private sector a company would be sued for such misrepresentation. They would be hauled in court by the government for false advertising.
Syria look at the lengths Obama and Kerry went to sell it the people. Talk about a full blown propaganda fest.
ACA we need to approve it to see whats in it. It was voted for when many voting for it didn't even know all the details. Voted Party line they did, but not the wishes of the people.
Hardliners will find a reason to support the party no matter what. That is why this nation is in trouble. Hardliners refuse to hold their own party equally accountable. That is why I am Ind. I refuse to support party over country.
I agree the poor need insurance. I also understand that many uninsured chose not to. They can afford it but elect to spend their money elsewhere.
Some of us will be negatively impacted by ACA even though we are insured.
Look at the mess the Federal Gov is in. They can't manage to live within their means and some trust the Fed to manage our health care?????

Old 09-21-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I am not defending anything. But people don't want to go back to square one. They want to move forward. ObamaCare is a step forward. The GOP had a chance under Bush, and did absolutely nothing. So here we are. The point is, we need to work together to make it work, or amend, refine it, whatever, but leaving the uninsured out in the cold is not the right solution. I think I am speaking as a general American here, not a partisan. I have great health insurance through my work, but many people don't.

Partisan republicans want us to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That is not what the majority of the people want.
Move foreward? Are you kidding me. Have you talked to anybody who works in HR in a company? They have NO clue what is going to happen when open enrollment in their company comes up here REAL soon. That is the problem nobody knows what is going on............not even the gdam government!!! Are you folks even paying attention or do you just think you can sit back and all will be well? I'm guessing that is how you roll. Big bro will do it all. Unreal.

You can blather your "lets all work together" BS from the mountain tops. Well guess what WE ALL DID WORK TOGETHER AND ACA WAS PASSED. Now what hero?

Old 09-22-2013, 01:28 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,955,548 times
Quote:
You aren't being fully honest here. Most Americans wanted health care reform. Republicans blocked it under Clinton and did nothing under Bush. The people had anxiety about ACA (after a full propaganda assault, scare mongering by the right), but it has been very clear for a very long time that they wanted a more comprehensive health care system that better served the people. Single payer was DOA, so we pursued the GOP idea (like RomneyCare). If the GOP had really shown compassion and action on this front they might have a leg to stand on. But, once again, they are manufacturing some evil plot from the Dems, when in reality the Dems were trying to meet the needs of the people. If the ACA is so bad, work together to improve it. Why is that option not accepted and pursued? THAT is what the people want.
The ACA is simply a market share administrative change. It is designed to increase revenue. How can you fix the ACA? It is forcing everyone to purchase an expensive product. It is essentially a tax. How can that be fixed? Is that a method of which you approve?

The only real reform of this or any other issue is to not have the govt control and own it all. Second to that get them to actually work for the people footing the bill and give the profits to them instead of pocketing them. They profit, but not those that paid for it.

This is a result of the corporate model, which is is designed to be opaque and avoid accountability. Some transparency and personal accountability would make a huge difference imo.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The ACA is simply a market share administrative change. It is designed to increase revenue. How can you fix the ACA? It is forcing everyone to purchase an expensive product. It is essentially a tax. How can that be fixed? Is that a method of which you approve?

The only real reform of this or any other issue is to not have the govt control and own it all. Second to that get them to actually work for the people footing the bill and give the profits to them instead of pocketing them. They profit, but not those that paid for it.

This is a result of the corporate model, which is is designed to be opaque and avoid accountability. Some transparency and personal accountability would make a huge difference imo.
Simply? If it's so gdam simple than what is the holdup? NOBODY knows what the hell is going on right now. Do folks think a government health fairy.......ala the tooth fairy..........is gonna drop in and hand em their new plan? It's a fuggen cluster**** of epic proportions.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:09 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,575,683 times
How many times have the Republicans given in to Obama's budget? Each year, that's how many. The debt goes up and up and Obama still gets his way. Time to say enough.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:15 AM

7,740 posts, read 12,676,482 times
Oh please. The "both sides have screwed us over" rhetoric is clearly Libertarian clap-trap. The only side that has screwed us over are the left wing liberal Democrats. Libertarians refuse to accept responsibility for the shambles our country and economy is in because of this moron of a president that they put into office!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,277,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Oh please. The "both sides have screwed us over" rhetoric is clearly Libertarian clap-trap. The only side that has screwed us over are the left wing liberal Democrats. Libertarians refuse to accept responsibility for the shambles our country and economy is in because of this moron of a president that they put into office!
Liberals or libertarians? There is a huge difference and most Libertarians are no fan of Obama's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies