Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You get tax credits based on your income. I think that point has been made at least 5000 times here. Memory malfunction perhaps?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Republicans suddenly care about low-income Americans. That was a pretty quick turnaround, wasn't it.
You don't get it do you? You seem to assume that just because someone is living paycheck to paycheck that they automatically will receive a subsidy. This is WHOLLY and COMPLETELY wrong. Living paycheck to paycheck does not necessarily mean POVERTY or even POOR.

An individual making $47K in the Washington DC metro DOES NOT qualify for a subsidy, yet that person is expected to pay $328 for a medium level policy beyond rent....beyond food...beyond student loans.....etc? Likewise, a family of four in the DC area making a household income of $95K would NOT qualify for a subsidy. Do you realize that these incomes are indicative of people who are NOT well off....who are perhaps barely making it in the DC area? And that's just one example.

I will not explain this you again. Educate yourself, or remain ignorant.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-27-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:22 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Does no one else think a sitting President sniveling about a news organization like they're the Boogey Man is just a little unseemly? The lamestream media's been stroking their messiah so long he can't take critical analysis like a grown up.
It's not just what 0bama says, it how he says it. 0bama's tone and mannerisms reflect a level of childishness, he comes off a sa snarky, sarcastic, and petty child, who got caught in a lie and is looking for someone else to blame.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Obama just loves low-income Americans. He must: He's creating more and more of them every day.
The more enslaved the democratic party can make voters of the more votes for them

Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Isn't that $328 per person, not per family?

Obamacare Triples Kentucky Family's Insurance Overnight
I believe you are correct.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:24 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,672,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You don't get it do you? You seem to assume that just because someone is living paycheck to paycheck that they automatically will receive a subsidy. This is WHOLLY and COMPLETELY wrong.

I will not explain this you again. Educate yourself, or remain ignorant. Up to you.
Why do you -- or any conservative -- suddenly care about the working class? Until any of you answer that question, you have no place to complain about how those people are treated.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
Quote:
Why do you -- or any conservative -- suddenly care about the working class? Until any of you answer that question, you have no place to complain about how those people are treated.
The bulk of conservatives ARE the working class. Wise up.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
un like you guys conservatives always believed to help the middle class they need policies that aid in private job creation instead of policies of food stamps and welfare. Better to create jobs then to create a welfare state as the liberal want

Old 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
lets be fair, I don't think premiums are skyrocketing, but it is a complete failure, and I have to wonder why Democrats don't want to fix the problems in it..

Things like limiting hours, nothing to cut costs, etc.
2013 health insurance costs Archives - Illinois Insurance News

The average cost to insure a local employee is projected to jump to $11,283 in 2013, from $10,616 this year, according to the report by the unit of London-based Aon Corp.

But local employees’ health care costs will increase even more. Workers’ average contribution to their insurance premium will grow 8.2 percent next year, to $2,713, from $2,508 in 2012, according to the study, which is based on health benefit information for 486 large companies nationwide. Employees’ out-of-pocket costs are predicted to jump higher still.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cavuto is started to get scared that Obamacare will not be repealed and as folks understand the law better and benefit from it, they will like it. The right-wingers are starting to freak out. I love it.
So are AFL-CIO Union members,Congress & their staffs they pushed the EASY BUTTON while your average joe taxpayers get the bill again !

Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 AM

25,774 posts, read 18,834,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The average policy under ACA is $328. I'd love for someone, anyone, to tell me how those living paycheck to paycheck are going to find $328 to pay for health insurance? There are literally millions of American households who are not living in poverty but are unable to pay yet another monthly bill, no matter how helpful or noble it is.

I've yet to find someone who will explain away this very real scenario.
They won't. They will be charged a "penalty" by the IRS and will remain uninsured without any health care. You see why this is not about health care? You see how it's just another revenue generation device for the government? You see how it's about control?

Or are you all still blind and drunk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies