Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:08 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Does no one else think a sitting President sniveling about a news organization like they're the Boogey Man is just a little unseemly? The lamestream media's been stroking their messiah so long he can't take critical analysis like a grown up.

I am telling you
Obama is coming unglued!!!
he really he and he just had his face rubbed in his own shi* he has been trying to feed any clown that will listen!!!
can not wait to hear his stumbling on this one

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 01:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cavuto is started to get scared that Obamacare will not be repealed and as folks understand the law better and benefit from it, they will like it. The right-wingers are starting to freak out. I love it.

LOL
you just nailed yourself as one of the robots
too funny
just wait it will finally get you were you will understand
just wait awhile longer
you are almost there

Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cavuto is started to get scared that Obamacare will not be repealed and as folks understand the law better and benefit from it, they will like it. The right-wingers are starting to freak out. I love it.
How is that again?? Most of the key provisions of the law are being arbitrarily delayed because they are unworkable.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I have no doubt that changes and tweaks will be made to the ACA over time. I think it just annoys people to know that everyone will accept it at some point. Even at it's worst it's not worse than the current model.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have no doubt that changes and tweaks will be made to the ACA over time. I think it just annoys people to know that everyone will accept it at some point. Even at it's worst it's not worse than the current model.
How do you know when it hasn't been implemented yet?

Old 09-27-2013, 07:08 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You get tax credits based on your income. I think that point has been made at least 5000 times here. Memory malfunction perhaps?

Oh, and I'm glad to see that Republicans suddenly care about low-income Americans. That was a pretty quick turnaround, wasn't it.
The problem with Democrats and Liberals is they think everything is free and the Fairies will fund the entitlement program. Someone some where is paying for this and its not free!
Its beyond me how Liberals think!:s mack:

For the Record the Conservatives /Republicans have a different view of helping the poor.

Its called creating good jobs n Oil production (Keystone) re- striking American Industry.

People do not want hand out , They wish and need a fair wage for a fair job.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I used to catch parts of his show, and only just started trying to watch it. He discusses a lot of issues on the FNC, not business. I think you are referring to his show on the FBN (Fox Business News channel), I don't get that channel.
Demand it!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 PM

25,754 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
People do not want hand out , They wish and need a fair wage for a fair job.
At one point, I would have agreed with you. Most people had a bit of dignity as far as doing something to sustain themselves. Even if it was a low-paying job, there was something respectable about standing on your own two feet.

But the past few years have seen a big change in this nation. Dare I say a transformation toward entitlement-ism? That if anyone else had more, no matter the effort expended, that it was wholly unfair?

It's pretty common these days for folks to jump at a handout. Any handout that Big Daddy Santa Claus has for them. This applies to those who actually work as well as the Parasite Class. For instance, those who get more back in tax refunds than they even paid in taxes. There's an example of a handout that nobody bats an eye about. How does that work? The rest of us poor bastards pay you just because you're you? Cha-ching... Whatever.

Many people are more than willing to let Uncle Sam's hand slip down their pants these days. And they really don't care who is paying Uncle Sam to administer their "free" hand job.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At one point, I would have agreed with you. Most people had a bit of dignity as far as doing something to sustain themselves. Even if it was a low-paying job, there was something respectable about standing on your own two feet.

But the past few years have seen a big change in this nation. Dare I say a transformation? Everyone started thinking that living like a king was the norm without selling your soul to do so; they began to think it "unfair" if they weren't part of the gluttony.

It's pretty common these days for folks to jump at a handout. Any handout that Big Daddy Santa Clause has for them. This applies to those who actually work as well as the Parasite Class. For instance, those who get more back in tax refunds than they even paid in taxes. There's an example of a handout that nobody bats an eye about. How does that work? The rest of us poor bastards pay you just because you're you? Cha-ching... Whatever.

Many people are more than willing to let Uncle Sam's hand down their pants these days. And they really don't care who is paying Uncle Sam to administer their "free" hand job.
So getting a good full-time job has become some unobtainable dream for so many people.... sad. Can we at least get a free 0bamaville button? "Free" being the key word of course.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Why do you -- or any conservative -- suddenly care about the working class? Until any of you answer that question, you have no place to complain about how those people are treat
I hate to break it to you, but the majority of the people in this country are working class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies