Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,929,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Black Hispanics are subjected to what amounts to far worse than Jim Crow type conditions in their countries of origin due to their skin color but when they come to America they try vehemently to deny their "blackness"...until its shoved right back at them...by light skinned Latinos.

And yes, Latinos generally have absolutely no qualms about their racist behaviors.
They do not try to "deny their blackness" they simply don't want to be conflated witb "black American culture"....and, honestly, who could blame them?

Old 09-29-2013, 12:14 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,600,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They do not try to "deny their blackness" they simply don't want to be conflated witb "black American culture"....and, honestly, who could blame them?
Sure they do. You have Black Hispanics as dark as Wesley Snipes saying ridiculous things like, "I'm not Black". The root of this denial has absolutely nothing to do with Black Americans; they do this in their country of origin.

Sadly, Black Hispanics (like the little girl's parents) who insist on denying their blackness get a major reality check from light skinned Hispanics not only in their country of origin but in America as well.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Sure they do. You have Black Hispanics as dark as Wesley Snipes saying ridiculous things like, "I'm not Black". The root of this denial has absolutely nothing to do with Black Americans; they do this in their country of origin.

Sadly, Black Hispanics (like the little girl's parents) who insist on denying their blackness get a major reality check from light skinned Hispanics not only in their country of origin but in America as well.
Many countries just exhibit the complex of skin color outright...without race classification. It's just in America we have it down to a science.

In the Dominican Republic the light skinned latinos have their own racial epithets for dark skinned ones and vice versa but that doesn't mean that they come to America and forget that their is a skin complex....that is a exponentially stupid argument.

When a Dominican or any other Latino in America says "they are not black" they mean they are not African-American...

These arguments are made by black Americans trying to convince everybody else that there is a macro perception of black skin and that black latinos and black americans are synonymous. They aren't.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:44 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,822,849 times
Originally Posted by calipoppy
Nope, a beautiful Black Hispanic little girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Seriously? That doesn't even make sense.
It makes perfect sense to people that define everything by color of skin.

White Hispanic = murderous lunatics
Black Hispanic = beautiful
Brown Hispanic = Mexican (a lower life form)

It's really quite simple, for progressives.

Quote:

I rest my case

Why is it that minority (who aren't the minority anymore) events can be so blatantly racial?

Can you imagine the uproar if there were a European American (white) only event?

If America is the melting pot, there shouldn't be racial divisions like BET, and <enter ethnicity here> events. We are all shades of brown, and nothing more.

Old 09-29-2013, 02:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,380,359 times
Quote:
Jakiyah McKoy, Miss Chiquita Delaware, stripped of crown for not proving Hispanic heritage

The pageant organizers demanded to see her papers. Ironic, no?

Meet Jakiyah McKoy, the 7-year-old who won the Miss Chiquita Delaware beauty and talent contest for Hispanics this year. After she claimed the crown, however, there was a problem: The public didn't think she was "the best representative of Latin beauty, " according to El Tiempo Hispano. According to reports, Jakiyah's win caused controversy at the time she was crowned, then later as organizers said her parents never brought in documentation that proved her Dominican heritage (one of the requirements for contestants is that they must be at least 25 percent Latino). Maria Perez, president of contest sponsor Nuestras Raices Delaware, told the Latino Rebels website, "We can't have her be the queen if she doesn't have the proper documentation." An online petition has been set up to allow Jakiyah to keep her crown.

So illegals protest when we require "proper documentation" but strip a child of a pageant crown for not proving her heritage with "papers"...my how rich.
Actually, she looks like your typical young black girl to me; i.e., of African decent.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 AM

15,368 posts, read 12,705,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yep - BET and Univision can exist, but try starting WET or Anglo TV and watch the liberals start foaming at the mouth and crying "RACISM!" at the top of their lungs.
Fox News Calls For Miss White America Pageant - Newslo

Old 09-29-2013, 09:00 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,750,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
No......they deny their blackness at every opportunity. It's got nothing to do with black Americans.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:01 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,750,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Actually, she looks like your typical young black girl to me; i.e., of African decent.
There are millions of people like her all over Latin America.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,895,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Which is exactly what Latin America is --- slavery was not just in the USA, contrary to what many believe. Every single Latin American nation practiced slavery and brought in Africans to be slaves. The slaves and their descendents didn't leave Latin America.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No......they deny their blackness at every opportunity. It's got nothing to do with black Americans.
It has everything to do with it. Take Dominicans for example...they are all accepted as Dominicans whether black or white. It takes precedent over skin color if it came down to something like a race war. The only people who actually care if they recognize themselves as "black" are black americans!

Why the hell this girls mother would enter her in a latin pageant is beyond me. When it comes to pride and adhering to customs...latinos are of the most steadfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies