Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It is the only place I have sat in gridlock rush hour traffic at 9pm and there was no accident that caused it. I use to laugh when I would hear a stupid politician proclaim they were gonna reduce traffic as their campaign pitch.

Don't reduce traffic, oxidize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I think it means low sulfur fuels which are hard on diesel engines and make repairs more often and more costly.

For them it';s like us using gasoline with ethanol in it, which is a rip off 3 ways.

it takes up 10% of the space for fuel in a tank of gas. It robs you of 10% power and so steals 105 of your MPG's which is economy and 4th you pay as if it were straight gasoline. So really 4 ways we get ripped off.

My 06 motorcycle has fuel injection, and no way to factory adjust the fuel mix. This is EPA BS. With aftermarket parts you can adjust the fuel system and give the engine more fuel to match air to fuel ratios.

Before all this BS by the Govt., it was customary to see a loss in economy to gain more power. But no more when you try to burn nothing and get power.

By the addition on many of these bikes 2 of mine and other riders i have worked for ALWAYS I get more power, a cleaner burning less strained engine and better MPG'S for giving the engine more and proper fuel mix. The friggin EPA is out of their alleged minds, or we have employed turkeys to run and create regs for the EPA.

I just can't wait for northnut to tell me I know nothing about engines and fuels.

And you get to pay one more time at the supermarket with higher food prices because corn was diverted to ethanol production.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Jag - again with the ignorant comments. Truckers are a hard working bunch. You wouldn't have a thing if it wasn't for these people transporting everything from your food to your gas across this country.
There is a subtle difference between truckers overall and the asshats described on the OP. Citizen's juries? It's worse than stupid.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have sat on that road before.

Sounds like an AWFULLY long commute.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
I have no doubt they are hard working. I doubt their intelligence. Look at their plan:

1. Slow down the traffic in the MOST congested traffic system in the country - to 55 MPH. How many do you think will be willing to lose their CDL by creating an unsafe traffic condition?

2. Waltz into the most heavily protected city to "arrest" some of the most heavily protected persons in the world. Did they not see what what happened last seek when someone rammed the White House barricade?

3. ???

4. Profit!!!

Really, this reads like a bad plotline from the "Dukes of Hazzard". All that's missing is ROSCOE P. COLTRANE to get dem Duke Boys.

First off - again you're reading or hearing liberal based reports that they all favor arresting the politicians. One person says something that is taken out of context and the liberal news runs with it saying all the truckers are in favor of it.

Slowing down traffic - probably be less accidents with the way people on the beltway drive - we skirt around DC on any trips because of the DC drivers.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Really? The Secret Service is going to allow a bunch of truckers to illegally imprison Senators and Congressmen?

Sure they will.

I think some folks have been inhaling too many diesel fumes.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
First off - again you're reading or hearing liberal based reports that they all favor arresting the politicians. One person says something that is taken out of context and the liberal news runs with it saying all the truckers are in favor of it.

Slowing down traffic - probably be less accidents with the way people on the beltway drive - we skirt around DC on any trips because of the DC drivers.
No one is stating that ALL truckers favor this. That's guilt by association. I'm sure the vast majority of truckers will continue to work, have no interest in this, or even oppose it. I'm sure there are even truckers who are registered Democrats

As for "slowing down" traffic, those guys will be in for a rude awakening when they're stuck in a two mile backup on an on-ramp trying to merge onto I-495 (BTDT). Somehow the idea that a trucker will be able to spot a person with the right sign in their window and let them pass while cutting everyone else off in itself will create a dangerous traffic condition.

I recommend that Cleetus and Jethro stick to runnin' moonshine.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

From your link:

Trucker-specific grievances behind the protest include Environmental Protection Agency fuel efficiency standards and the high cost of diesel fuel.

Won't fuel efficiency standards result in savings for the truckers?

In my area, fuel prices have dropped quite a bit in recent weeks. So, are these truckers going to DC to thank the president?

I get the impression these are just a bunch of whiny sore losers, for some inexplicable reason.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
While I admire their intent, how much slower can the Beltway be?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Between the truckers and the longshoremen and their recent actions, I'm in favor of creating an alternative supply chain.
You go right ahead and do that. I assume you and a army of sheepy libers all have access to $160,000.00 trucks, a route, credit, Ins, and CDL's right LOL

You nancy boys wouldn't drive a 18 gears stick shift 2 stage tranny drive truck an inch WAUGH! AND they don't come in automatic shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies