Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM

171 posts, read 327,127 times

Advertisements

Maybe "ObamaCare" is not the real issue for the shutdown........study the past history, voting record, etc. and culture your members have experieced. How did they "grow up"? Where did they "grow up". They love to talk. What's REALLY important to them? .....Listen and learn!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Every point you make only states that you never were what you claim to be. I have no idea why people think posting stuff like this makes any sort of valid point.

It's not believable. You have some valid positions, argue those positions, don't demean them with posts like this.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. When you people hear something you don't like you immediately claim insincerity or lable those who evolve in their positions as RINO's.

The party has changed. It has gone off the deep end and it's becoming nationally recongnized. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Changing parties is not anything new. After all, for many decades Texas was a reliable "Democrat" state. Of course, we were 'southern democrats', i.e., very conservative, and with no relation, save in party name only, with the northern democrats.

Now, Texas is a reliable Republican state. The people of Texas have not changed that much, but the parties did. It was in the late 1970s that various Texas politicians began leaving the Democratic party and joining the Republican (I think Phil Gramm was the first to do so). Ronald Reagan's election in 1980 helped speed up the process (recall that Mr. Reagan was a Democrat before he was a Republican).

Anyway, if you remain true to your core beliefs, then it is not really you leaving the party, but the party leaving you.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,790 times
Maybe we dont want or need more laws/bills making a difference in our lives. Maybe if you whine loud enough your federal government will pass a passifier bill and we can call it obamabinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
It's literally been decades since Republicans have passed any bills/laws that have actually made a difference in ordinary Americans lives. I'm not surprised that you are ditching them.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Every point you make only states that you never were what you claim to be. I have no idea why people think posting stuff like this makes any sort of valid point.

It's not believable. You have some valid positions, argue those positions, don't demean them with posts like this.
LOL, I was going to say the same thing. He was never GOP.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Anyway, if you remain true to your core beliefs, then it is not really you leaving the party, but the party leaving you.
I think it's interesting that adherents of the Tea Party, which has only existed for 4 years, now seem to think that they, and only they, are the arbiters of true conservatism -- which leaves many lifelong moderate Republicans out in the cold.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:16 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Why do you have to "be" anything? Why not evaluate every candidate on their own merit? This isn't baseball. We don't have to pick teams.

1,644 posts, read 2,174,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I was going to say the same thing. He was never GOP.

I love it...the solution is the RINO label.

Again...this is why you people are losing national elections and will continue to do so. The party of old is gone like the wind and you guys are riding this sinking ship into oblivion. Enjoy your journey...it's going to be bumpy.

389 posts, read 1,219,516 times
It has been my view that anytime someone comes on to claim they are "leaving" the GOP because of this or that it is a vehicle for promoting the liberal agenda. I just don't buy the claim.

No political party is perfect or ever will be. While we can all agree that the strategy employed by the GOP during this period has been flawed the fundamental fact that is inarguable is that our nation is going to be bankrupted in the not too distant future. That is a principle worth fighting for.

As to all the other alleged faults I could give a laundry list of things I find wrong with the Democrats. And I can truthfully state under oath, if need be, that I was reared a Democrat and I voted for Humphrey, McGovern and Carter. Then the scales fell from my eyes and I worked in the social services area for two years and later on in a related government field. It astonished me at the waste I saw. I never looked back. A party that buys votes with other people's money is not a party I wish to be part of.

I receive SSA. I receive Medicare. For that I am grateful. But for the life of me I cannot see how a government program so fundamentally flawed as the "Affordable Care Act" is ever going to work. It will, however move us ever so closer to national bankruptcy. And that should concern everyone of all political persuasions.

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
I left the Democratic Party when Obama ran around the country insisting that raising taxes was good for the country. Oh and that "you didn't build that" comment. After witnessing the pre-election and post-election Obama, I ran. This guy is cracked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies