Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Become someone who routinely violates other American's rights for money? No way.

You consider me a criminal because I use marijuana. Big freaking deal. Your time has passed.

Your 8x more likely to be killed by a Police officer than a terrorist. 312 Black men were killed by Police in 2010 alone.

How bout you go after some of the bankers? Or politicians? Or maybe some of your fellow officers continually breaking the law.

You may have been able to push around Occupy, but you might not be able to use violence on the black youth. Especially if the communities don't support you.
Uh; you say you're a Black dude. You MUCH more likely to be killed by another young Black dude than by a cop, even a racist "white" 1.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You are a criminal. Like it or not. You are. I've put more police officers in prison then you can ever hope too and/or ever have. You have no clue what it is you are talking about.

You are typical criminal loser, who whines about police corruption and does NOTHING to change it. NOTHING. You want to change things? Change it from within. You can't, because you couldn't pass a background to get in to change things.

I'm a black man and a black police officer. I don't push around anyone. I do a job the people hired me to do. And that includes stopping bad police officers. Quit living 30 yrs ago. No police officer these days "covers up" for anyone. No one cares about their fellow man; only themselves. That is the culture of police today.

But of course, you wouldn't know. You are a simple coward, hiding from the outside.
Criminal loser. You government worker. I pay your taxes at the local and state level. To disregard the actions of your fellow officers makes me classify you as scum. All the force does these days is try to judge and prosecute with violence. There's no due process. There's not officer oversight. Your profession is a disgrace at this point.

What type of scheme do you think your pulling by trying to act like Police officers face the same justice system as the rest of Americans? Quit your lying.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you say you're a Black dude. You MUCH more likely to be killed by another young Black dude than by a cop, even a racist "white" 1.
Well then that pretty much excludes cops from the excuse of, "I was scared for my life so I shot him," alibi doesn't it??

Old 12-23-2013, 08:43 PM

But numbers on a page are one thing; hearing the story of how Alberto Willmore, a beloved art teacher at the Upper East Side's Ella Baker School, lost his job in 2011 after cops accused him of smoking marijuana outside his Bronx apartment, is another. Willmore, who maintains that the alleged doobie was actually just a cigarette, and that the marijuana the cops used as evidence was an unrelated joint plucked from the gutter, was promptly pulled from the classroom and reassigned to a clerical position in the district office.
"Police officers are charging our clients for possessing marijuana when our clients never possessed marijuana at all, when the marijuana was found on the ground like in Mr. Willmore's case," Scott Levy, an attorney with the Bronx Defenders, tells Buzzfeed. "But the most common scenario that we see is when police officers take the marijuana out of their pocket. The police are then charging our clients with misdemeanor marijuana charges, and in New York, possessing a small amount of marijuana is not a crime. You can only be charged if you are possessing the marijuana in public view. But it only came into public view after police search. And the police were in effect creating crime when there was none—they were manufacturing misdemeanor charges."
After waiting in limbo for 21 months, Willmore's case was dismissed. The Department of Education, though, wasn't willing to allow him to resume his place in the classroom. After paying a $1,500 fine for failing to alert the school of his arrest "in writing," Willmore can work as a substitute teacher and apply for another position. His life as he knows it, however, is gone.
"It's difficult to convince people that something as silly as a marijuana arrest can result in the loss of a job, deportation, eviction," Levy said. "It's tough to convince people that that's actually happening to people, but we see it here every single day." [Via Buzzfeed]

Video: Teacher Explains How One Bogus Marijuana Arrest Ruined His Life: Gothamist

Old 12-24-2013, 01:45 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
I'm a black man and a black police officer. I don't push around anyone. I do a job the people hired me to do.
To harass people, break apart families, and ruin lives?

Old 12-24-2013, 03:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
You are a criminal. Like it or not. You are. I've put more police officers in prison then you can ever hope too and/or ever have. You have no clue what it is you are talking about.

You are typical criminal loser, who whines about police corruption and does NOTHING to change it. NOTHING. You want to change things? Change it from within. You can't, because you couldn't pass a background to get in to change things.

I'm a black man and a black police officer. I don't push around anyone. I do a job the people hired me to do. And that includes stopping bad police officers. Quit living 30 yrs ago. No police officer these days "covers up" for anyone. No one cares about their fellow man; only themselves. That is the culture of police today.

But of course, you wouldn't know. You are a simple coward, hiding from the outside.
Phil, I appreciate the work you do. I do not appreciate the work of legislatures that pass tyrannical laws that violate Mill's Liberty Principle.

Last edited by whogo; 12-24-2013 at 04:00 AM..

Old 12-24-2013, 07:15 AM

I do NOT appreciate paying my taxes in this country and then being treated like a slave. I do NOT appreciate a profession that is being paid BY the taxpayer to protect and serve, intimidating, beating, and entrapping upstanding citizens in the name of profit.

I do NOT respect someone who is sworn to protect the law, turning a blind eye to our Constitution and violating the rights of their fellow Americans in the name of job security.

If you want to fight a war you should join the army. There's no wars here except for the ones this country has created.

There's way too many stories to post here, even for an average day. The number of reported cases of Police misconduct on a daily basis is astounding. That's just REPORTED cases.

PoliceMisconduct.net | The Cato Institute's National Police Misconduct Reporting Project

Old 12-27-2013, 12:05 PM

Stop Sending Undercover Cops Into Our Schools to Entrap Our Kids on Drug Charges | Tony Newman

Then there is the story that was featured in the nationally syndicated show, This American Life. In three high schools in Florida, several undercover police officers posed as students. The undercover cops went to classes, became Facebook friends with students, and won their trust. An 18-year-old honors student named Justin fell in love with an attractive 25-year-old undercover cop after spending weeks sharing stories about their lives, texting, and flirting with each other.

One day she asked Justin if he smoked pot. Even though he didn't, the love-struck teen promised to help find some for her. Every couple of days she would text him asking if he had the marijuana. Finally Justin obtained a small amount for her. She tried to give him $25 for the marijuana and he said that it was a present and he didn't want any money.

A short while later, the police swept in and arrested 31 students, including Justin. Almost all were charged with selling a small amount of marijuana to the undercover cops. Now Justin has a felony hanging over his head.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Stop Sending Undercover Cops Into Our Schools to Entrap Our Kids on Drug Charges | Tony Newman

Then there is the story that was featured in the nationally syndicated show, This American Life. In three high schools in Florida, several undercover police officers posed as students. The undercover cops went to classes, became Facebook friends with students, and won their trust. An 18-year-old honors student named Justin fell in love with an attractive 25-year-old undercover cop after spending weeks sharing stories about their lives, texting, and flirting with each other.

One day she asked Justin if he smoked pot. Even though he didn't, the love-struck teen promised to help find some for her. Every couple of days she would text him asking if he had the marijuana. Finally Justin obtained a small amount for her. She tried to give him $25 for the marijuana and he said that it was a present and he didn't want any money.

A short while later, the police swept in and arrested 31 students, including Justin. Almost all were charged with selling a small amount of marijuana to the undercover cops. Now Justin has a felony hanging over his head.
Meanwhile the tons that came into the country unnoticed with no one arrested behind them.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:43 PM

111 posts, read 91,611 times
if cops hunted minorities like slaves, there would be a lot fewer illegal aliens.

IMAO, we have a high incarceration rate because of the cops' bosses. they're the ones who direct the cops to spend so much of their time prosecuting that BS war on drugs. they're also the ones who pass those mandatory minimum , 3 strikes and try a kid as an adult laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies