Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 07:43 PM

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I AM the police. And I AM a black man. I hunt criminals. Not black people, or anyone else. Just criminals. The entire premise of this thread is BS.
Are you hunting criminals or quotas when you give out all those tickets at the end of the month?

You know who needs to crime to exist? Police.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Are you hunting criminals or quotas when you give out all those tickets at the end of the month?

Really? Seriously? If NO people out there doing the "police" thing; the hooligans would be MUCH worse! Sheesh!

Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Don't know what a "quota" is. The US Supreme Court ruled them unconstitutional. I haven't written a ticket in over 3 years. I've been a police officer for 25 yrs and I have NEVER been given a "quota."

How about you get your dumb thinking out of 1970 and move into this year? Morever, how about YOU and all others quit being ignorant and stupid, and figure out exactly what it is you are discussing, before you try?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:23 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
Cops are notorious for denying due process. Cops are gutless when it comes to violating Constitutional rights. They want to whine, "we're just doing our job. We don't make the laws, etc". The Nuremberg Defense. It didn't work for Nazi war criminals. It shouldn't work for cops in America.

Cops investigate each other! How damn ridiculous is that? There is zero credibility when that happens!

Cops routinely use deadly force when many times less than lethal force would work. Killing a kid because he wielded a 1" screwdriver while he was restrained by 2 other cops is as cowardly as it gets.

Busting into the wrong house, killing the homeowner that has a right to be there while the cops don't is wrong! Killing a family pet whether violent or not is routine for cops nowadays! Utterly gutless!

Beating a kid with Downs Syndrome because he had something under his shirt, which turned out to be a colostomy bag.

The Cato Institute has a website that covers police misconduct. Worth checking out. The cop forum PoliceOne.com has one poster that goes by the name JColter that sounds like a good cop. He sounds like he stands by his Constitutional oath. He is constantly cursed and ridiculed by the other cops who think they're always right. Always justified.

America is a police state occupied by militarized domestic terrorist - cops! The bad cops make the other 5% look bad.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Cops are notorious for denying due process. Cops are gutless when it comes to violating Constitutional rights. They want to whine, "we're just doing our job. We don't make the laws, etc". The Nuremberg Defense. It didn't work for Nazi war criminals. It shouldn't work for cops in America.

Cops investigate each other! How damn ridiculous is that? There is zero credibility when that happens!

Cops routinely use deadly force when many times less than lethal force would work. Killing a kid because he wielded a 1" screwdriver while he was restrained by 2 other cops is as cowardly as it gets.

Busting into the wrong house, killing the homeowner that has a right to be there while the cops don't is wrong! Killing a family pet whether violent or not is routine for cops nowadays! Utterly gutless!

Beating a kid with Downs Syndrome because he had something under his shirt, which turned out to be a colostomy bag.

The Cato Institute has a website that covers police misconduct. Worth checking out. The cop forum PoliceOne.com has one poster that goes by the name JColter that sounds like a good cop. He sounds like he stands by his Constitutional oath. He is constantly cursed and ridiculed by the other cops who think they're always right. Always justified.

America is a police state occupied by militarized domestic terrorist - cops! The bad cops make the other 5% look bad.
As long as u see law enforcement as the problem in your community there will be no progress. Stop the violence now

Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
Don't know what a "quota" is. The US Supreme Court ruled them unconstitutional. I haven't written a ticket in over 3 years. I've been a police officer for 25 yrs and I have NEVER been given a "quota."

How about you get your dumb thinking out of 1970 and move into this year? Morever, how about YOU and all others quit being ignorant and stupid, and figure out exactly what it is you are discussing, before you try?
Do you hear yourself speak? You want me to resolve my ignorance of an issue by not discussing it? The whole 'I can't be questioned' attitude blinds you from common sense, frequently apparent in the actions of the police and evidently apparent in your own writing.

The attitude that police discretion is the law is dangerous.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:20 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,031,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
When it comes to raising revenue, harassment, and falsifying/planting evidence, its blacks and other minorities (blacks, poor people, hispanics, people with certain cars or who dress a certain way) who suffer the most...
Please

That's a total load of bs! Is there profiling, yes! Are drug laws ravaging the poor more than anyone else, yes!

Lets be realistic. The police state has become color blind. They frikkin raided an organic store (white owned), guns drawn and ready to kill, because these gangsters were selling organic milk for God's sake!!! The AG is black, the President is (1/2) black, and most of the Presidents appointees are black. If you really want to blame someone for the plight of the minorities, shouldn't it be this administration?

You can't have your cake, and be outraged at the same time. It simply doesn't ring true.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:45 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i support jessie jackson and admire him for trying to bring the death of 9 thousand young black men every year to a close. you want diversity? stop the violence. when the sheep run the wolves think its discrimination. stop the killing. you are either with jessie or against him.
you cant demand justice from God with the blood of your brother on your hands, he will not hear you.
saying who am i? my brothers keeper? (i am not responsible for those deaths some body else created the problem aka archie bunker maker of the evil 9mm) does not cut it.
You know who worked diligently to bring the LA gang truce to an end?

Don't believe that just because they wear a badge they want peace.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
They are not saints but the are not some bloodthirsty thugs neither .....

What's your point by the way?
The point is that the corruption is widespread. We need greater protections against the Police and we need a better legal system to protect citizens against tyranny.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I AM the police. And I AM a black man. I hunt criminals. Not black people, or anyone else. Just criminals. The entire premise of this thread is BS.
You have the attitude to fit the title. Exactly the type we don't need on the force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies