Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,735,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This thread is wreaks of ignorance. At least these people "earn" it. Ask me who I would rather give to. A dead beat who sits on the porch or does drugs or a family who is serving in the military.

Damn, welfare leaches will go to any extent to defend leeching of others.
How do you know that everyone who isn't in the military and is on welfare is a "leech"? There are plenty of hard working people out there who still need it to survive. Are they "leeches" too? Your hostility toward your fellow citizens is amazing. But then again most conservatives are hostile toward the poor and that's what is killing their party these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 07:29 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Food Stamps: Military Families Redeem $100 Million A Year In SNAP Benefits

Military families are on a pace this year to redeem more than $100 million in food aid on military bases.

I read the welfare threads here and realize that people don't have a clue about who uses welfare....or why. They do love to make it sound like people want to be on it. Just like all those soldiers above. They suck, right? They're on welfare, too, bro.

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Unless you are career military, you should not even have a family and you should not even think of starting one until your second or third promotion.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:45 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Unless you are career military, you should not even have a family and you should not even think of starting one until your second or third promotion.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was an E-4 when we got WiC ... .... .... so I can see what you are saying. It just didn't apply to my case.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This thread is wreaks of ignorance.
You're off to a really bad start.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:59 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I agree with this but over the last 10 years or so, the number of people who already have children joining the military has increased significantly. There has also been an increase in young soldiers marrying women who already have multiple children. One of our friends, a commander of an infantry company, had a 19 year-old PFC with a 37 year-old wife and 6 kids. Most aren't that extreme, but still it is happening, and seems to happen more than in the civilian world. It has created a stress on the military support systems.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:

Military families are on a pace this year to redeem more than $100 million in food aid on military bases.

I read the welfare threads here and realize that people don't have a clue about who uses welfare....or why. They do love to make it sound like people want to be on it. Just like all those soldiers above. They suck, right? They're on welfare, too, bro.

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain
Military families should get any and all benefits needed to fulfill their needs before generational recipients.

We should all support rooting out waste, fraud and abuse from the system first and foremost.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:14 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yep. I mean, only lazy dark colored minorities use welfare, right? Poor whites are too proud to use it, that's why they vote Republican
Eight posts in and the race card gets played. What took you so long? Race has nothing to do with it but keep trying.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're off to a really bad start.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM

89,056 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:

Out of the $81 billion total spent on SNAP benefits.

That's only about 1/10th of 1%, or 0.1%, of all federal SNAP spending.

Policy Basics: Introduction to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 10-13-2013, 08:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hey..don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I'm defending you here.
wrong. I am not in the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies