Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM

423 posts, read 415,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Arrested huh? What jail was she booked at?
It's already been determined that she was only ticketed. When liberals need their agenda moved forward, in the absent of cold hard facts that support their position, they'll just make some up out of thin air. It's what they do, it's pretty much all they're good for.

Nice legacy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,735 times
This is such nonsense.

This woman did not put time and effort into improving herself.

Why on earth do some of you think that it isn't necessary to assess your own flaws and remedy them?

As a manager, I can show you many employees who have no interest in learning anything new, improving their own performance, or growing as a human being. These are the folks who bellyache the loudest when they don't move up - and they have some CD posters here shrieking that it isn't their fault, that it is just so hard to gain skills and credentials!!

Some things are hard. Those are the things that yield real results - such as being highly paid.

When did striving for a goal and taking lumps on the way there become strictly right wing?

Do you people truly think that people shouldn't have to work nights or go to school at night or practice diction or be vigilant about birth control?

Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,691,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Government is responsible for the cost of living and inflation....not McDonald's.
Protect the Minimum Wage-raise the minimum wage. Some decision has to come from government. If you just leave that in the hands of business corporates, then tomorrow people will justify slavery also saying that it brings more profit.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:00 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,533,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Protect the Minimum Wage-raise the minimum wage. Some decision has to come from government. If you just leave that in the hands of business corporates, then tomorrow people will justify slavery also saying that it brings more profit.
Do you want the government to tell you what kind of toilet paper to wipe your butt with? Seriously, when does it end?! Government was designed to help maintain order in society, not control of every aspect of our lives. Yes, I want the FAA to help navigate air traffic. Yes, I want the FBI to go after truly bad criminals. Yes, I want a strong military force. Yes, we need people to pass laws and control the government's purse (temporary office holders as opposed to career politicians). That being said, I don't want the government involved with every detail of my life.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:53 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You know, I wouldn't mind paying a little more for a big mac or whatever, if McDonalds would pay it's employee's a decent wage.
Aren't most if not all McDonalds independently owned and operated? She should be complaining to the owner of the franchise. Or better yet, learn a skill and work your way up.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:02 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
And what percentage of the female population is young and has lots of money ? Little growing babies need a young healthy women to develop and be nurtured out of, its the way its supposed to be.

What kind of a society would shun young women having a baby regardless ? This world and its bent way of doing things is not in step with the surviving norm of the species and twisted. A culture without.
Nonsense. She and hundreds of thousands of other women having kids they can't afford a just stupid. What kind of society encourages women to have children they can't afford to raise? This has been the failure of the Great Society programs which encouraged bad behavior and destroyed the lives of millions of women and children.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
This is such nonsense.

This woman did not put time and effort into improving herself.

Why on earth do some of you think that it isn't necessary to assess your own flaws and remedy them?

As a manager, I can show you many employees who have no interest in learning anything new, improving their own performance, or growing as a human being. These are the folks who bellyache the loudest when they don't move up - and they have some CD posters here shrieking that it isn't their fault, that it is just so hard to gain skills and credentials!!

Some things are hard. Those are the things that yield real results - such as being highly paid.

When did striving for a goal and taking lumps on the way there become strictly right wing?

Do you people truly think that people shouldn't have to work nights or go to school at night or practice diction or be vigilant about birth control?
Exactly.

As I tell my children when they complain...."life is hard, wear a helmet!"

YOU have the ability to change YOU.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Government involvement has raised the cost of living by at least 20%.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Aren't most if not all McDonalds independently owned and operated? She should be complaining to the owner of the franchise. Or better yet, learn a skill and work your way up.
These minimum wage people have no idea what it takes to own a franchise.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
So she thinks she should be getting (+/-)$31000 per year for being a cashier at McDonalds...

She certainly doesn't sound like an employee I'd want working for me. Instead of carping about being a single mother of two kids (can we stop glorifying these "single moms," anyway?), she should be looking for other work or training. I'm not referring to college, either--that's not for everyone, and the last thing we need is another perpetual student, there at taxpayer expense. A trade school might be a better choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies