Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:17 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times

Advertisements

The management trainee program at McDonalds has been among the best in existence for decades; if she didn't show the initiative to want to 'work her way up', who's fault is that?

It's certainly not the CEO's fault, or any of his predecessors; IIRC, they've had at least four during her decade as an employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
There is more to this story....
Yeah, she was trespassing on private property.

She should have learned to not have children until she could afford them.

But she gets food stamps and no doubt tons of other government gimmedats.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:33 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
I agree...

But, when you're rifling through a stack of resumes, whittling down that stack to interviewing size and all you have to go by is words on a piece of paper, a college degree tells a prospective employer that this particular individual set out a long-term goal, worked hard and achieved it.

Without personally knowing the background and acumen of each and every applicant in that stack, this is the kind of thing that separates the people who will get a face to face, and those that won't.

Again, I agree that a sheepskin doesn't guarantee a great employee. But all things considered, it helps get that all-important foot in the door.
Pretty expensive way to get one's foot in the door. I'd almost call that a form of extortion.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:51 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,275,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Aren't most if not all McDonalds independently owned and operated? She should be complaining to the owner of the franchise. Or better yet, learn a skill and work your way up.
Getting skills or degree is no guranetee of a better job nowadays plenty of college graduates can not find jobs but that garbage answer is always spewed out by the Right Wing.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:55 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,275,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
This is such nonsense.

This woman did not put time and effort into improving herself.

Why on earth do some of you think that it isn't necessary to assess your own flaws and remedy them?

As a manager, I can show you many employees who have no interest in learning anything new, improving their own performance, or growing as a human being. These are the folks who bellyache the loudest when they don't move up - and they have some CD posters here shrieking that it isn't their fault, that it is just so hard to gain skills and credentials!!

Some things are hard. Those are the things that yield real results - such as being highly paid.

When did striving for a goal and taking lumps on the way there become strictly right wing?

Do you people truly think that people shouldn't have to work nights or go to school at night or practice diction or be vigilant about birth control?
Why do you assume she has the ability to improve themselves for some people this kind of work is all they can do. How many people can be managers at where you manager is there enough for all your employees?

Old 10-19-2013, 06:56 PM

423 posts, read 415,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Getting skills or degree is no guranetee of a better job nowadays plenty of college graduates can not find jobs but that garbage answer is always spewed out by the Right Wing.
You've got loser written all over you....

and I bet that's spelled wrong as well.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:41 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,510,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
LOL... So since there is no 100% gaurentee she'll get a better job or better position, she should just stay put and flip burgers forever without attempting to obtain a better job.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:45 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
.......That being said, I don't want the government involved with every detail of my life.
Unfortunately there are more and more willing to have gov't be their Big Daddy and provide them with "free" stuff.

They also have higher birth rates so do the math.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:46 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
NEWS FLASH!!!!! Mcdonalds always has low wages. that is just the way it is.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Believe me, that is news to some people. Apparently not even employees of McDonald's knows it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies