Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:44 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I remember the delays but I don't think the launch was nearly as bad as Obamacare's site. In all honesty, they should have done the same thing with healthcare.gov - delayed it until it was ready. Instead, they've created a site that simply doesn't work. There were definite problems with Medicare Part D but I think the level of issues with Obamacare's site is far worse.
Yes, I'm sure you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatooine View Post
Well, technically, no. You can get insurance outside the exchanges. Or you can find a job that offers insurance.
hmm, I was told "if you like your insurance you get to keep your insurance, period". OBAMA LIED AGAIN!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
But you are still are required to signup even though you can't.

During an appearance on MSNBC today, Gibbs stated, “Let’s just say this is excruciatingly embarrassing for the White House and for the Department of Health and Human Services. This was bungled badly. ... This is a website architecture problem. … I hope they are working day and night to get this done. And when they get it fixed,

I hope they fire some people that were in charge of making sure this thing was supposed to work. We knew there were going to be some glitches. But these were glitches that go, quite frankly, way beyond the pale of what should be expected.”
It was a bad roll out of an important access point. I know from personal experience, writing software for a large package while trying to hit a moving target(design), is virtually impossible in a timely manner. I also know, very talented people are working on resolving the deficiencies and they will succeed in doing that. But it was a missed RW political opportunity due to the "Cruz Guacamole Caucus" misadventures.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It was a bad roll out of an important access point. I know from personal experience, writing software for a large package while trying to hit a moving target(design), is virtually impossible in a timely manner. I also know, very talented people are working oon resolving the deficiencies aand they will succeed in doing that. But it was a missed political opportunity due to the "Cruz Guacamole Caucus" misadventures.
3 years, really? Remind me not to hire the government to do anything for me, oh that's right government forces us to hire them.

worse Obama and company knew it was not ready.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So folks 65 & older are considered low class by you? That IS what medicare is, which is what I was talking about, part D. You DO know that, don't you? No, you didn't. Wow, how embarrassing for you. And another example of how classless conservatives are, calling seniors low class.

Calling anyone low class, is arrogant and snobbish.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
3 years, really? Remind me not to hire the government to do anything for me, oh that's right government forces us to hire them.

worse Obama and company knew it was not ready.
They were still trying to lock down the design phase earlier this year. Maybe a delay would have been wise tech wise, but certainly not wise politically.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
They were still trying to lock down the design phase earlier this year. Maybe a delay would have been wise tech wise, but certainly not wise politically.
Agree but isn't it about the people not politics?

Also, if it is such a great deal then why is it mandated? Obama compared it to apple but stopped short of saying how apple is a excellent product everyone wants so it practically sells itself. If it's a great product government wouldn't have to mandate <force> it.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Wealthy - Young, middle age, old
Upper Class - Young, middle age, old
Middle Class - Young, middle age, old
Lower Class - Young, middle age, old -> <welfare>

I don't recall saying anything about age.
Corrected for you.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
That was my point earlier. If, for no other reason, it should have been delayed because it was literally not ready for go live. I think a delay would have been far less damaging than the mess they put out there.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Corrected for you.
We have classes in our society. Is this better ?

Wealthy:
Ãœber Rich, Big business, bankers, politicians

Upper (middle) Class:
Educated, high end of middle class, targeted by the Obama administration in his tax the rich campaign.

Middle Class:
Everyday hard working people who are too rich to get help but too poor to get out of the rat trap.

Low (middle) Class :
Obama types, Typically uneducated, doesn't know anything about money. The young never put a thought into the future, they thought life was going to be a utopia and now they need government assistance.

Leech:
Obama types, Not self sufficient. government dependent and you could spot them at Walmart with loaded buggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies