Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
And the people that had affordable health insurance are often seeing their rates spike rather dramatically.

So the 30 million who WERE uninsured will be replaced by 30 million who cannot afford the price of BEING insured.

Yep, that's progress(ives) for you, D.C.-style.
Redistribution of Wealth 101
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yes, what a nightmare. The most vulnerable amongst us can obtain affordable healthcare. Ahh, yeah, run for the hills.
The most vulnerable amongst us always HAD healthcare. And since it was pretty much free, it was affordable for them.

It's the middle class getting screwed here. And you say your costs haven't budged? Not yet.......

Old 10-18-2013, 07:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You aren't even close in your assessment.

I see you can' t explain WHY you voted for Corbett. It's because you are lying.
Go back and read my old posts from before November 2012, then. I used to be as braindead as you, probably worse. I put up with Alex Jones for 3 years

Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Lets see. The shutdown cost $24 billion.
The population of the United States is around 313 million.
I make that $76.67 per person.

From what I've heard so far, $75 is roughly the average cost of one months Obamacare premium per person.

I think that speaks for itself.
theoretical numbers for political ammunition..........however,

Is that outrage also extended to historic and current government waste that makes those numbers look like pocket change????

Fraud and Abuse in Federal Programs | Downsizing the Federal Government

also in one year during obama's reign........

"Washington (AP) - More than $98 billion in taxpayer dollars spent by government agencies was wasted, much of it on questionable claims for tax credits and Medicare benefits, representing an increase of $26 billion from the previous year."

Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Redistribution of Wealth 101

So true.....

Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

Obviously Ted Cruz has neither read, much less grasped, what the ACA will deliver to his constituents.

Apparently you have read the ACA, cover to cover, and I salute you for that, because there are a lot of pages of legalese there. I personally have not read the ACA cover to cover, but I do have a pretty decent grasp of economics.

I -- along with lots of others on this thread -- would love to hear what the ACA will deliver.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
https://www.healthcare.gov/find-premium-estimates/

With the site being constantly upgraded, they've added the ability for people to browse plans without completing the entire application. This should (in theory) help stunt all the ridiculous rumors about super high premiums and whatnot. I think Ted Cruz was right, once people get it they'll love and wont give it up. I'm glad more people will have access to affordable healthcare.
What ridiculous rumor? I will say for some reason it is about $100 cheaper on the "estimator" then it was when I looked but still in the solid $1000/month for the bronze plan (the cheapest plan) but at least now I know that the gold plan is over $600 more than the bronze plan (because I stopped looking once I saw the cheapest plan was $1000 per month)... I guess I will have to stay with the Pre-Obamacare plan at $200/month... only to have it go to close to $500 in 2014 and higher deductibles because of Obamacare but $500/month is still cheaper than Obamacare....

Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Apparently you have read the ACA, cover to cover, and I salute you for that, because there are a lot of pages of legalese there. I personally have not read the ACA cover to cover, but I do have a pretty decent grasp of economics.

I -- along with lots of others on this thread -- would love to hear what the ACA will deliver.
You put words in my mouth, attributed a quote to me that wasn't mine.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:20 AM

423 posts, read 414,848 times
Quote:
I have insurance and my rates haven't budged. I also don't know anybody personally that's had their premium go up, NOBODY. I keep hearing that same talking point but don't know any real life person experiencing it. But hey, I know folks have to spread propaganda as fast as they can because people are starting to realize the ACA is not the doomsday threat conservatives want them to think it is...Remember medicare and social security? Same crowd said the same thing. In a strange twist, these same weirdos nominated Romney who put forth the same plan as Gov. Yeah, I think this isn't about the ACA, it's their pure hatred for Obama personally.
You must not know too many people.

I am currently paying $468mo for BCBS. The ACA Silver plan, which is the plan that most closely follows the one I am on now, will cost me $9877.62 annually. Just in case math isn't your strong suit, that's $823.14 a month.

I have seen numerous people on here stating a similar experience. Now either you have a reading comprehension issue, or you just enjoy spewing propaganda.

Now which is it?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
What makes you think that I should pay for your life or you should pay for mine? Give me a logical argument that justifies it. You may as well forget it because there isn't one.

You people are so hung up on the idea that your care is the responsibility of everyone else besides yourself that you can't think straight. Do you want the rest of us to wipe your ass for you as well? Present it to Louis XVI -- he'll probably mandate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies