Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

This is so funny to watch the lefties on this board try and back peddle......

But....they were bad plans anyway....

That's not really what he meant....

It's bush's fault....

it's the insurance companies fault, even though the bill I passed is making them change....it's still not Imy fault....

You're a domestic terrorist, bombs strapped to their chest....but now thoes guys have a (D) by their name...LOL....

Delay it....you're a terrorist.....

dems today....delay it....it's the right thing to do.....(less than 6 weeks since a repub said it)...

You leftist are amazing....

Old 11-14-2013, 11:51 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Remember all the dems and c-d loons running around saying it was "settled law" a couple weeks ago.

This is what happens when you let idiots run the government. If it's settled law then barry the bonehead can't change it on a whim.

I wonder how they got to John Roberts?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You are missing my point

My policy was for feb 2013-2014 at x dollars

I got a letter that my plan was cancelled with a 1 yr renewal for dec 13-14 but at $40 more a month. Same policy number but new insurance cards and welcome letter. No changes. So now that they are offering old policies shouldnt i get that $40 a month back till feb? That was their quote and promise to me when i started the policy in feb 13.
Who knows? You would have to ask the insurer. It sounds like you had a grandfathered policy that they chose to renew? There is nothing stopping them from raising your rates at renewal. They may give you Jan/Feb at the old rate basically reinstating your old policy until its original expiration and then jack your rates for the remainder of the year. I suspect the execs are huddling in the board room now with the actuaries trying to figure how to proceed.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 AM

455 posts, read 598,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Remember all the dems and c-d loons running around saying it was "settled law" a couple weeks ago.

This is what happens when you let idiots run the government. If it's settled law then barry the bonehead can't change it on a whim.

I'd like to see this Magic Wand that the POTUS has to suddenly amend an enacted Law.

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:

I can't wait until the lawsuits start hitting the courts. The Supreme Court might get a chance to bury this thing after all.

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Who knows? You would have to ask the insurer. It sounds like you had a grandfathered policy that they chose to renew? There is nothing stopping them from raising your rates at renewal. They may give you Jan/Feb at the old rate basically reinstating your old policy until its original expiration and then jack your rates for the remainder of the year. I suspect the execs are huddling in the board room now with the actuaries trying to figure how to proceed.
Yes thats what i am deciding. Is the $80 worth the risk.

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

No-no-no-no................

It was the LAW OF THE LAND!!!!! Deal with it!!!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
BS and baloney! The companies make their profits either way.
Actually that's true because a part of the Obamacare law guarantees insurance companies profit even if costs turn out to be more than expected:
Quote:
A death spiral happens when only the sickest beneficiaries get into an insurance pool, causing the cost of medical claims to rise, and in turn raising future premiums.

These higher premiums, in turn, dissuade healthier beneficiaries from buying coverage. This exacerbates the strains and makes sure the pool continues to attract only the sickest consumers who are most in need of the medical coverage, and willing to pay the rising premiums. This is how the downward spiral ensues.

Commentators have rightly noted here.... and here.... that Obamacare contains some provisions to guard against this sort of outcome. Chief among them are risk corridors that limit the losses insurers would face from higher-than-expected medical claims
Obamacare Death Spiral

Insurance companies will get taxpayer-funded kickbacks when Obamacare costs them more than the incompetent Obama Admin projected. It'll just be a lot more now.

Quote:
And it remains to be seen whether or not ACA policies will make them money in the first place. Insurance stocks stayed pretty much even
I've just explained why. Obamacare guarantees them a taxpayer-funded bailout as needed.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:57 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
He started out with the Filipino's. I thought he was going to offer free Obamacare to get his numbers up.

They probably could not register even if he they wanted.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Yes thats what i am deciding. Is the $80 worth the risk.
Tough decision without any clear information. By the time the insurers send out new letters the deadline for Jan 1 coverage in ACA may be past. If they were to cancel you down the road, you could go onto the exchange under the qualifying event clause, but I believe if you cancel then you would not be able to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies