Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 11:45 AM

25,868 posts, read 16,582,661 times

Advertisements

Reagan was great at putting everything on debt for future generations to deal with (US).

I could make things seem awesome in my family for probably the next 10 years if I started taking out credit cards, paying off balances with other credit cards, taking out home equity loans ect.

But then the bills come due, like what is happening today. Reagan was a flim flam artist. A total fraud.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:48 AM

48 posts, read 54,564 times
I think rating any President as "better than" or "worst" is juvenile. All Presidents have accomplishments and failures.

I don't need or want any President to be put on a pedestal.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:48 AM

25,868 posts, read 16,582,661 times

Old 11-27-2013, 11:52 AM

18,413 posts, read 19,072,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thus your ability (or more properly inability) to evaluate the competence of US presidents. Given this defficiency, perhaps you should not be allowed to vote.
you mean because I don't agree with your opinion of things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and why do you say that? I just love people who post things for no reason, no information, no nothing, just nothing statements.. Oh well, suit yourself.
all you have to do is read the thread and you will see why he sucked, besides the fore mentioned loss of the middle class, his dementia, trickle down economics, I will add his wife controlling his schedule from an astrologer's predictions. there was a great news clip where a reporter asked him what he was doing about an issue, he stumbles and his wife Nancy whispers in his ear, "all we can do "

worse than that was him ignoring the Aids epidemic, closing all the mental hospitals which is pretty much what started our homeless problems.

I have the hardest time with Reagan when he did squat after the US Marine barracks were bombed and over 300 of our young men lost their lives. no retaliation, no nothing. pitiful, shameful. you need more reasons I am sure I can come up with them.

hawk, my evaluation of this president and any candidates wanting to hold office I evaluate just fine and I do vote. perhaps it is you that needs a new pair of glasses.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,967,060 times
Any poll that says 30% consider Coolidge and Hoover to be "Average" presidents tells me that the pollsters found 1,000 particularly stupid and historically ignorant individuals to participate. Maybe CD politics regulars were included?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,970,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Reagan was great at putting everything on debt for future generations to deal with (US).

I could make things seem awesome in my family for probably the next 10 years if I started taking out credit cards, paying off balances with other credit cards, taking out home equity loans ect.

But then the bills come due, like what is happening today. Reagan was a flim flam artist. A total fraud.
You have no idea what the heck you are talking about; none!!!!!! What about what is happening right now in our country? What about SS and medicare shortages, are you blaming this on Reagan, I guess you guys are tired of blaming Bush, so you are going to go back further. Wasn't it Johnson that decided "the Great Society" was the way to go?

Reagan was able to work both sides of the aisle, and would go to the people when he needed to: he made us proud to be Americans again. he brought the cold war to an end, holy cow, what more could he have done? How much do you remember about the days he was our leader or do you?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:55 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New Poll: Reagan Ranked Greatest President Of Last Hundred Years; Guess Who's the Biggest Failure? | Independent Journal Review

Heartwarming news on Thanksgiving Eve.

And the icing on the cake is that even more people think Obama is a failure than Bush. There's still three more years for his numbers to drop even more.
If people pay attention, Obama may just hold the record for single digit favorability when his term is over!!!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
"Obama is the WORST president in American history, PERIOD!"

Old 11-27-2013, 11:58 AM

423 posts, read 415,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
They probably polled Faux News viewers, Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan.
Would you have preferred some Commie wackos such as yourself?

Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,033,896 times
Carter must be relieved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If people pay attention, Obama may just hold the record for single digit favorability when his term is over!!!
It'll never happen. It's demographically impossible.

US Census: Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Obama has an 80% approval rating from black america, making it impossible for him to ever go into single digits.

Besides, the rest of us are racists so we don't count anyway. Obama's approval rating is 100% to his masters and sheep, and that's what really matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies