Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 12:28 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who is shoving anything down your throat?? You are welcome to be a denier of science and ignore this all if you want. I am sure no one would notice if you didn't believe in global warming and pretended like there was nothing going on around you.

Yes, science is ever expanding and always looking at new things, you are confusing man-made global warming with global warming. Man made global warming is debatable, actual global warming is really happening even if you try to pretend it isn't.
Most of the arguments surrounding global warming are of the man-causative variety. I've never met a person that went to great lengths to deny naturally occurring gw.

Not even on here....at least that I can remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 12:34 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
You should ignore that T-310 guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about, quite literally. He'll make claims like "no one has ever measured volcanic CO2 emissions" then do a right-wing freakout when informed otherwise. Then he'll go away for a while then come back with more right-wing guff as if people can't remember what a liar he is.

That you don't ignore him, that you agree with his bizarro denialism, tells me that this should probably be my last message to you. Reason has no home in denialist threads. Enjoy your ignorance, and don't forget to whine and cry about Al Gore. That always convinces me the American right isn't just a pathetic joke.

if you want reason, then why not explain it for everyone here why the cold seasons are getting are getting longer and the warm seasons are getting shorter.

guess I wont be talking an global warming (the sky is falling...the sky is falling) alarmist such as you anymore either.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberals will blame those statistics on global warming

really? I would like to see global warming kooks explain away this.

Cairo snow: Egyptian capital sees snowfall for the first time in 112 YEARS - Mirror Online

Old 12-14-2013, 04:21 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yes, and temps are down. Amazing how that works. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
Except that temps are not down at all...The last decade was the warmest ever recorded.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
And that shows you how stupid science can be....

it should have never taken that long to even raise the question!
It is not science that is stupid...

Old 12-14-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
The same can be said for AGW subscribers...

Full well knowing the folly of science and the ever changing landscape of it....why are they so hell bent on shoving an agenda down peoples throats?

As sanspeur alluded to earlier...they just very recently started looking into the suns effects on climate... LMAO

Read that out loud to yourself...

SCIENTISTS HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED LOOKING INTO THE SUNS EFFECT ON CLIMATE.

Is it any coincidence that they decided to look into it around the same time this whole AGW agenda kicked off??
More than 7 years ago is very recently? Ok, if you say so.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
really? I would like to see global warming kooks explain away this.

Cairo snow: Egyptian capital sees snowfall for the first time in 112 YEARS - Mirror Online
Some people do not even know the difference between weather and climate change...That was easy.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:49 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who is shoving anything down your throat?? You are welcome to be a denier of science and ignore this all if you want. I am sure no one would notice if you didn't believe in global warming and pretended like there was nothing going on around you.

Yes, science is ever expanding and always looking at new things, you are confusing man-made global warming with global warming. Man made global warming is debatable, actual global warming is really happening even if you try to pretend it isn't.
This is the loophole global warming alarmists have latched onto, I suppose. With this, it would seem they have doubts about the man-made aspect of it, or at least are open to doubts. Very convenient.
If it's warming on it's own, like it has a LOT of times in the history of the earth and mankind as well, then we'll adapt and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
More than 7 years ago is very recently? Ok, if you say so.
In the grand scheme of things, more than 7 years ago is very recently. Hopefully humans have always been aware of the sun's effect on the climate. If some scientists are just now catching on, perhaps they should have chosen a different profession.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
This is the loophole global warming alarmists have latched onto, I suppose. With this, it would seem they have doubts about the man-made aspect of it, or at least are open to doubts. Very convenient.
If it's warming on it's own, like it has a LOT of times in the history of the earth and mankind as well, then we'll adapt and move on.

In the grand scheme of things, more than 7 years ago is very recently. Hopefully humans have always been aware of the sun's effect on the climate. If some scientists are just now catching on, perhaps they should have chosen a different profession.
How it effects the climate was not as as well understood as it is today...That's how science works, always moving forward, and of course science is always open to doubts, if a better theory is discovered then they'll move on....Do you have a better theory as to what is causing the increasing global temperatures?

Understanding the sun-climate connection requires a breadth of expertise in fields such as plasma physics, solar activity, atmospheric chemistry and fluid dynamics, energetic particle physics, and even terrestrial history. No single researcher has the full range of knowledge required to solve the problem. http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...an_sunclimate/

Old 12-14-2013, 06:25 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,858,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How it effects the climate was not as as well understood as it is today...That's how science works, always moving forward, and of course science is always open to doubts, if a better theory is discovered then they'll move on....Do you have a better theory as to what is causing the increasing global temperatures?[/url]
I know there's greater understanding as to the specifics of what the sun does, but seriously, you'd think the big hot thing in the sky would have been one of the first things they'd look at to blame the warming on, but you can't tax the sun.

Alas, I subscribe to the theory that it is the sun, as well as the larger cycle of warming and cooling that the earth has continually experienced since the very beginning. We were warming. So be it. It will likely cool again, without our help, even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies