Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
You parrot, without any understanding or factual basis, a whole bunch of pure nonsense that defies all reason... And then call actual conservatives lemmings. You have swallowed, without one critical thought, a whole boatload of economic, social, and political BS. You post it constantly. Like the assertion that low income causes crime. Or that the existence of rich people causes crime (take your pick, it's the same argument).

It is incomprehensibly stupid. Yet, you call OTHER people "lemmings" for not accepting it without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
In a crazy sort of way it actually has changed the way I vote. When I first started participating on this forum I was strictly an Independent voter. I had voted for both Democrats and Republicans and my vote was dependent on the person, not the party. After reading the many, many messages on this board that I consider hateful, ignorant, and sometimes downright nuts, I came to the realization that this country has taken a sharp turn into party first instead of country first. Over the years on here...and in the country...it has grown progressively worse. I have come to realize that the days of honorable men and women putting their country before their party when they make decisions are in the past. I also have come to realize that the type of Republicans that raised me are also a thing of the past and the Republican party has been overtaken by the haters who will destroy our country out of their own fear and anger. So I will no longer vote for any Republican because it is simply giving more power to those who hate our government.

Did the dryer timer just buzz?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:17 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
Quote:
Just curious.

We post all of these links constantly to either incite argument or prove a point. So...my question is as follows.....Has this forum or a thread on this forum ever changed your political opinion as a whole or on a particular issue?
Not really. Although I think because outside of my parents, most of the people I'm surrounded by lean left, this forum has kept me from drifting that way too far.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
I think that if you read the responses to this posted by the far right you will understand why I have come to the conclusion that Republican does not mean what it once did. That is really rather tragic because our country is stronger when we have two reasonable parties with differing viewpoints that are willing to work through their differences to come to the point most likely to make our country better.

Do I always agree with the Democrats? Not on your life. But, at this point in time, the Democrats at least appear to understand that a government that serves all the people rather than a government that serves no purpose except to be against everything that could help the people is better. I can remember a time when a group of people who hated our country, hated our government, and wanted to "drown it in the bathtub" would be called traitors.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:55 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
No. I still believe that the presidents are controlled by $$$$. They are no different from each other.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What evidence do you have to support this? If the mainstream held is feet to the fire (making him be truthful against his will), how would that have converted his outright animosity toward the people, truth, freedom, and how would it have inspired ANYONE to do greater things?

How can someone be admired who only speaks the truth if there's simply no other option? How can they be a leader?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Had the mainstream media done their job, instead of becoming the Democrat Propaganda Machine and misinforming and distorting public opinion to suit the Democrats interests, Obama would never have been elected President in the first place.

Obama broke his promise on campaign financing that he had previously claimed was dear to his heart (thus proving the whole Hope and Change was BS from the start). If at that moment his supporters pressured him, urged him, and even protested him to go back to his promise...we would have less money in politics less corporate interest in politics. He would have been forced to give in. His supporters refused to fault him. McCain was willing to go along with Obama's promise as he realized that Obama would severely out raise him if Obama broke his promise.

Obama broke so many promises, lied, and harshly criticized Bush on so many issues and then out Bushed Bush on the vast majority of those.

His promises were so great...if only his supporters had integrity we could have:

-cut waste from the budget

-reduced earmarks back to 1994 levels by veto if necessary

-done away with the patriot act

-ended no bid contracts above $25K

-had no lobbyists in the WH

-ended special access for big donors

-reduced our overseas presence instead of increasing our foreign military bases

-reduced drones

-posted all bills online for 5 days before they are signed into law

-stopped signing statements

-been transparent

-forced public debates for healthcare instead of ramming it through

etc...

He could have been pressured in to fulfilling his campaign promises if his supporters wanted him to be accountable.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
If you don't like paying for public services and civilized society then pack your sh*t and move to some third world hell hole like Brunei that "free's" it's citizens by not levying a tax.
Obviously you have never been to Brunei nor know anything about it. Hardly an economic underdeveloped country. Far from a third world hell hole, but a developing third world country with a very strong economy. Maybe you should have used Bangladesh as an example of a third world hell hole.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
If you don't like paying for public services and civilized society then pack your sh*t and move to some third world hell hole like Brunei that "free's" it's citizens by not levying a tax.
There is a big difference between taxes for roads and taking money from one person and giving it to another.

Maybe if you think about it you will understand.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama broke his promise on campaign financing that he had previously claimed was dear to his heart (thus proving the whole Hope and Change was BS from the start). If at that moment his supporters pressured him, urged him, and even protested him to go back to his promise...we would have less money in politics less corporate interest in politics. He would have been forced to give in. His supporters refused to fault him. McCain was willing to go along with Obama's promise as he realized that Obama would severely out raise him if Obama broke his promise.

Obama broke so many promises, lied, and harshly criticized Bush on so many issues and then out Bushed Bush on the vast majority of those.

His promises were so great...
His promises were completely bogus from the very beginning.

Tell me, how can a President force Congress to post bills after they are passed and 5 days before they are signed into law when they are two completely separate branches of government? Once passed by Congress laws automatically go into effect after 10 calendar days (excluding Sundays) while Congress is in session, whether the President signs the law or not.

This is a classic example of a low-information voter promise. Only those too stupid to comprehend how their own government functions could believe such a promise.

Obama never intended to keep any of his promises. No politicians ever do. Obama, like every other politician, makes promises that are impossible for them to keep, and the majority of low-information voters by into it hook, line, and sinker. This is what happens when you remove Civics from the public education curriculum. Democrats could not function in a civically literate society. Their only hope of achieving their Marxist goals and destroying the nation is to keep Americans as stupid as possible. And it is working like a charm for them.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:47 PM

229 posts, read 232,387 times
I was a Republican when I joined this site about 3 weeks ago...now I'm a full blooded Conservative. Thats what liberals can do to you...smack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies