Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:27 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,309,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes it has shown me liberals only name call hate and are the most intolerant anti constitutional racist people . I at one time believed liberals were capable of genuine talk on issues , clearly from this board I see the true hate
I have learned that so many people are supporting a Communist agenda
and don't even know it. America, whether you like it or not, was built on
Judeo-Christian principles. The Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights,
is made to protect the people from government, not the other way around.

''Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.''
Vladimir Lenin

''The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion.''
Karl Marx

WHAT DOES "JUDEO-CHRISTIAN" MEAN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,479,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
yes,
Ive learned liberals are either misinformed, uninformed or just freeload parasites.

While a Nation needs some liberal attitude to be successful,
a prosperous Nation CANNOT have a liberal government, it will fail.
Which is why all social programs remained with the States, communities, churches, and individuals for 145 years, until liberal freaks changed all that 79 years ago by usurping those powers away from the States and unconstitutionally giving them to the federal government.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,385,739 times
I've changed my mind about things partially due to posts from libs. For example, over the years I became convinced that Sarah Palin was not qualified for the VP slot (albeit neither was Biden). I supported the choice in 2008, but I now think that she was a good gov, she was not ready for 2nd in command.

I also reconsidered about Rand Paul 2016 after reading posts by libs about his plagiarism scandal. What was he thinking? It's too bad--he was showing such promise. It's not a cardinal sin, but IMO should disqualify him from the 2016 nomination.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:55 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
James Buchanan just happened to be President when the Democrats seceded from the Union. You did not expect a Democrat President to go after his fellow Democrats did you? He was President during the Dred Scott decision and the Nebraska-Kansas Act, neither of which he had anything to do with, so it cannot be a reflection on his presidency.
This statement just made my eyes bleed.

Really?

Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've changed my mind about things partially due to posts from libs. For example, over the years I became convinced that Sarah Palin was not qualified for the VP slot (albeit neither was Biden). I supported the choice in 2008, but I now think that she was a good gov, she was not ready for 2nd in command.

I also reconsidered about Rand Paul 2016 after reading posts by libs about his plagiarism scandal. What was he thinking? It's too bad--he was showing such promise. It's not a cardinal sin, but IMO should disqualify him from the 2016 nomination.
Well if you think like that, shouldn't Biden have been disqualified a long time ago?

Old 12-03-2013, 02:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,288,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There is a big difference between taxes for roads and taking money from one person and giving it to another.

Maybe if you think about it you will understand.
Hey, it can't all be contracts for Xe and torture chambers. Sometimes the taxes you pay go towards helping people. I know that sucks for you, people upon whom you look down benefitting from government programs you disapprove of, but no one said life was fair. And if life is going to suck for someone, it might as well be the torture-supporting American right.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,381,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
If you don't like paying for public services and civilized society then pack your sh*t and move to some third world hell hole like Brunei that "free's" it's citizens by not levying a tax.
What a tolerant and intelligent progressive response, easily meeting the bar we've come to expect from liberals. If you aren't 100% on board with your views they're the enemy and no compromise. So how many tax deductions do you take every year? It had better be 0 since you're so happy to pay for public services. Or are you a typical liberal hypocrite who thinks everyone else needs to pay for everything and government deserves all of your income and only allows you to keep some of it?

SOME people realize that government is full of waste, bloat and corruption and shouldn't be given one cent more until it cleans house. Other people cheerfully hand over ever increasing amounts of mostly other peoples money to government.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:02 PM

525 posts, read 509,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
What a tolerant and intelligent progressive response, easily meeting the bar we've come to expect from liberals. If you aren't 100% on board with your views they're the enemy and no compromise. So how many tax deductions do you take every year? It had better be 0 since you're so happy to pay for public services. Or are you a typical liberal hypocrite who thinks everyone else needs to pay for everything and government deserves all of your income and only allows you to keep some of it?

SOME people realize that government is full of waste, bloat and corruption and shouldn't be given one cent more until it cleans house. Other people cheerfully hand over ever increasing amounts of mostly other peoples money to government.
I don't consider my self a progressive or a liberal. I get tired of the "abolish all taxes" crowd because it's a stupid response that is a practical implausibility. I have always supported a low, flat tax and efforts to trim federal waste at every level....but you'd have to be a moron to think that taxes will be "abolished," and it's annoying to hear the same response over and over and over and over.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,470,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
Just curious.

We post all of these links constantly to either incite argument or prove a point. So...my question is as follows.....Has this forum or a thread on this forum ever changed your political opinion as a whole or on a particular issue?
Yes. Discussions on this forum about welfare caused me to go out and read about poverty. I no longer feel that welfare is just a bunch of lazy people scamming the system.

Something that prevents me from changing my position on many of the issues is the constitution. Liberals often post about the benefits of their positions without addressing the constitutionality of them. I don't care if stricter gun control would lower firearms deaths. I don't care if Obamacare is providing insurance to people who didn't have it before. I don't care what effect some particular policy is going to have on food stamps. Etc. Whether those things are good or bad isn't the problem. The constitution not allowing them is the fundamental issue in my mind. I am all for individual states having social programs if they want them. I am not for the federal government doing things beyond the enumerated powers in the constitution. So huge amounts of liberal arguments have no effect on my thinking because they don't address the real issue. The federal government has no business getting involved in health insurance. It doesn't matter if what they are doing is good or bad. It's not an enumerated power.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:05 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,385,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Well if you think like that, shouldn't Biden have been disqualified a long time ago?
Believe me, I did not vote for Biden in 2008 nor 2012, nor will I in 2016 if he runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies