Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM

643 posts, read 920,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Because we know it for the liberal scam that it is. We are all very familiar with liberal facts. Like the liberal fact that we were all doomed to head into another ice-age during the 1970s. Or like the liberal fact that sea levels were predicted to be 10 feet higher than they are today. Or like the liberal fact that Kilimanjaro was suppose to be devoid of snow 5 years ago. Or like the liberal fact that hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons, and tornadoes were all suppose to increase number and become more severe. Do you not ever get tired of getting your liberal facts wrong?

The reality is that liberal freaks are consummate liars. The ONLY reason you support anthropological global warming is because you desperately want to be a fascist. Anthropological global warming is just another redistribution of wealth scam. Liberal freaks increase taxes on the productive to pay for their "War on the Climate," dictating every aspect of our lives from cradle to grave. A liberal fascist utopia.

One has to be a truly sick and mentally diseased individual, on the same level as Adolf Hitler or Charles Manson, to believe in anthropological global warming. That there are people who deliberately want to cause that much misery in people's lives in order to control their every move is truly disturbing.
This may be the most misinformed post I have yet to read. I am so relieved that this extreme view point of yours is in nowheresville Alaska. Please just read some college level atmospheric science books and rejoin the conversation.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:46 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,940,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You know, in the 60s already our federal government was very concerned about global warming because of the way it was impacting the people and the land in Canada's far north. Sure it's debateable what the causes for it are but to deny it's getting warmer is just stupid ignorance on the first degree. Those who deny it are not worth having a conversation with. It's like debating with a person who claims it does not snow any more while you are standing in a snow drift 5 feet deep. I have zero respect for anything that person has to say because they are delusional idiots.
i am not denying climate change, far from it in fact i recognize that it is happening. what i am suggesting is that man is not the main cause of it. man might be a tiny contributing factor, but its not as great as the alarmists would have you think.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:05 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,607,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am not denying climate change, far from it in fact i recognize that it is happening. what i am suggesting is that man is not the main cause of it. man might be a tiny contributing factor, but its not as great as the alarmists would have you think.
I agree, we really don't know how much the human activity is contributing to the climate change. However, I don't have any problem at all in trying to reduce air pollution as much as is possible. Whether it's the cause of the warming or not is kind of besides the point to me. I think that preserving air quality is worthwhile no matter how you look at it.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,940,315 times
Quote:
I agree, we really don't know how much the human activity is contributing to the climate change. However, I don't have any problem at all in trying to reduce air pollution as much as is possible. Whether it's the cause of the warming or not is kind of besides the point to me. I think that preserving air quality is worthwhile no matter how you look at it.
and i fully agree with that stance as well. but we do have to do things in a measured way, and let the engineers do their jobs and figure out efficient ways to meet new standards, then let things stabilize a bit, and then tighten the standards up a bit, lather rinse repeat as it were. do it right as we can have the things we want, and have teh things we need as well, and it wont destroy the economy getting there.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,607,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and i fully agree with that stance as well. but we do have to do things in a measured way, and let the engineers do their jobs and figure out efficient ways to meet new standards, then let things stabilize a bit, and then tighten the standards up a bit, lather rinse repeat as it were. do it right as we can have the things we want, and have teh things we need as well, and it wont destroy the economy getting there.
That is a balanced, sane and reasonable approach to the problem. There are many here who would damn you for it though. Some here are so out to lunch that you would be called some kind of "*******" for suggesting such an intelligent approach to the problem. Only an extreme "Lefty" could have any kind of solution for any kind of problem in those kinds of perverted minds.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times
Quote:

This is the "pollution" climate legislation will reduce:

Seeing is Believing - YouTube

Old 12-06-2013, 01:15 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,386,929 times
All I know is I'm greener than Al Gore, and that's green enough for me.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:22 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,181,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
All I know is I'm greener than Al Gore, and that's green enough for me.
It wouldn't surprise me if more than 99% of the population was greener than Al Gore.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:25 PM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
We have been doing that since the 1970s.

And it has been effective. U.S. factories are cleaner than they were 40 years ago. And Los Angeles has very few, if any, stage II or III smog alerts now.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:27 PM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if more than 99% of the population was greener than Al Gore.
I thought everyone travels with their own private jet and owns 4 mansions (or is it 5)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies