Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,895,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Does your lack of response, mean I shouldnt expect an apology for you lying about what I said?
I didn't lie, I merely pointed you back to your own words. So you want me to apologize because your own words are now making you uncomfortable? Okay, sure. I'm very sorry that your own words are making you uncomfortable. Perhaps you shouldn't have written them.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:59 AM

39,898 posts, read 26,593,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If what you post is accurate, then it is an intentional provocation and will force Russia's hand. Poor foreign policy in my opinion.
Mine as well. But Booboo is just as arrogant, narcicistic and incompetant with regards to foreign diplomacy as he is at managing within this country. He forgets he is a president, not king.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,225,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I didn't lie, I merely pointed you back to your own words. So you want me to apologize because your own words are now making you uncomfortable? Okay, sure. I'm very sorry that your own words are making you uncomfortable. Perhaps you shouldn't have written them.
You didnt do any such thing, you pointed to a posting that I didnt even make, but quoted me, not saying anything like what you said I said, (nor the other poster)...

Why dont you QUOTE me caring about what they are doing in their bedroom.

If I have over and over again, like you are proclaiming, then clearly finding ONE example wont be difficult.. If you cant THEN YOU LIED!!!

Old 12-18-2013, 11:02 AM

723 posts, read 635,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Mine as well. But Booboo is just as arrogant, narcicistic and incompetant with regards to foreign diplomacy as he is at managing within this country. He forgets he is a president, not king.
Just curious how you folks feel about other world leaders skipping the Olympics. Is it just Obama that you're angry at, or is it the French and German presidents, too?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:06 AM

47,022 posts, read 26,105,816 times
Quote:
Then why did he go to court to fight the removal of DADT,
You're presumably thinking of the February 2011 lawsuit? 2 reasons: The legal challenge was on the grounds that Congress didn't have standing to make DADT a law in the first place, and the DOJ was bound to defend Congress' right to make laws concerning the military. The 2nd reason was practical - repeal of DADT as a matter of law, not legislation, was well underway and the Pentagon wasn't ready yet.

Quote:
and then only repealing it after a judge ordered it done?
Ehm - that's not what happened. DADT was overturned by legislation, not by a lawsuit declaring the practice illegal or unconstitutional.

You appear to have your wavelengths mixed.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:12 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,125,195 times
Meanwhile, in Russia:

Ivan Okhlobystin, Russian Actor, Says He Would Burn Gays Alive In Ovens

"Ivan Okhlobystin is a priest and actor who stars in Russia's version of Scrubs. He made these statements during a spiritual talk on Sunday:

'I would have them all stuffed alive inside an oven. This is Sodom and Gomorrah. As a believer, I can not remain indifferent to this, it is a living danger to my children! I don't want my children thinking that being a f*ggot is normal ... This is gay fascism! If a man can not choose an appropriate person of the opposite sex for reproduction, that is a clear sign of mental abnormality, then he needs to be deprived of that right to choose.'

After news of his vitriolic anti-gay comments made headlines around the world, Okhlobystin took to Twitter to defend himself. The 47-year-old, who previously discussed becoming president, showed no remorse. 'The meaning was rendered correctly. Everyone has the right to express their opinions.'"

Except that in Russia everyone does not have a right to express his or her opinions. If gay people - or people who don't hate gay people - try to express their opinions they are arrested and imprisoned.

How dare Obama chastise a country whose government encourages the advocation of genocide and the mistreatment of a class of people while at the same time making it illegal to stand up and say "Gay people are humans deserving of respect." The nerve of some men.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,895,132 times
Quote:
You didnt do any such thing, you pointed to a posting that I didnt even make, but quoted me, not saying anything like what you said I said, (nor the other poster)...

Why dont you QUOTE me caring about what they are doing in their bedroom.

If I have over and over again, like you are proclaiming, then clearly finding ONE example wont be difficult.. If you cant THEN YOU LIED!!!
Post #99 has five quotes of you complaining about gay people talking about what they are doing in their bedrooms. No one brought up what people are doing in their bedrooms but YOU. If you didn't care, why mention it five times?

It's actually pretty funny how you are now trying to claim that talking about what people are doing in their bedrooms is actually NOT talking about what people are doing in their bedrooms.

Your own words are clearly making you extremely uncomfortable, to the point where you are desperately harassing anyone who dares to quote you. I'm finding this hilarious.

We've diverted this thread enough. I'm done with this. You may continue trying to deny your previous posts if that makes you happy.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're presumably thinking of the February 2011 lawsuit? 2 reasons: The legal challenge was on the grounds that Congress didn't have standing to make DADT a law in the first place, and the DOJ was bound to defend Congress' right to make laws concerning the military.
We're told non stop that the DOJ is under no obligation to enforce provisions of the ACA that Obama delayed

Try again
Quote:
The 2nd reason was practical - repeal of DADT as a matter of law, not legislation, was well underway and the Pentagon wasn't ready yet.
Thats an excuse. You wouldnt bye a stupid excuse like that in the corporate world, so why would you buy one from the administration?

What exactly did they have to get ready for? Gays in the military? Shocking, how terrible, like thats never happened before.
Quote:
Ehm - that's not what happened. DADT was overturned by legislation, not by a lawsuit declaring the practice illegal or unconstitutional.

You appear to have your wavelengths mixed.
Wrong, a judge ordered it be ceased in October 2010 after the Democratic lead Senate voted down the removal legislatively. It wasnt until December 2010 that Congress overturned it through the legislation.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,669,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Obama is not standing up for gay rights in Russia. He's sending pawns. He doesn't have the courage to go speak for gay rights in Russia himself. The delegates he's sending need to think long and hard about how Obama treats our friends. That Pakistani doctor who helped us get Bin Laden is still in jail. Obama has no problem taking the credit and leaving the pawns to suffer.
I agree, sending an openly gay person to a country who views homosexuality as a punishable crime, does nothing but put the gay person in danger. Where is the good in that action?

Old 12-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Post #99 has five quotes of you complaining about gay people talking about what they are doing in their bedrooms. No one brought up what people are doing in their bedrooms but YOU. If you didn't care, why mention it five times?

It's actually pretty funny how you are now trying to claim that talking about what people are doing in their bedrooms is actually NOT talking about what people are doing in their bedrooms.

Your own words are clearly making you extremely uncomfortable, to the point where you are desperately harassing anyone who dares to quote your own words. I'm finding this hilarious.

We've diverted this thread enough. I'm done with this. You may continue trying to deny your previous posts if that makes you happy.
Not one of those quotes discuss what they are doing in their bedroom. When caught lying, you continue to lie, as if people cant read it for themself..

Once again QUOTE ME DISCUSSING ACTS IN THE BEDROOM.. JUST ONE..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies