Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Sticks and stones v. words.....

Because I dislike what your doing, doesn't mean I hate you.
Yet you think somebody disagreeing with your religious views hate you and are trying to suppress you. Cant have it both ways.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,111,373 times
Quote:
Sticks and stones v. words.....

Because I dislike what your doing, doesn't mean I hate you.
No, it doesn't.

But if you call me murderous, hateful, heartless, senseless, and ruthless; say that I'm evil; and claim that my friends will die simply for being friends with me all because I'm gay, then it does mean you hate me - and that you hate me because I am gay.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:31 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No, it doesn't.

But if you call me murderous, hateful, heartless, senseless, and ruthless; say that I'm evil; and claim that my friends will die simply for being friends with me all because I'm gay, then it does mean you hate me - and that you hate me because I am gay.
You can be all of the above and I wouldn't care. But to proselytize that view like GLAAD and other fringe groups to make other people accept it, you and they have another thing coming.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:32 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,479,125 times
GLAAD sucks!

Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yet you think somebody disagreeing with your religious views hate you and are trying to suppress you. Cant have it both ways.

Phil didn't discriminate by force. A&E did.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And that is not equal protection of the law. It is also discrimination based on the gender of the people getting married.
It's hilarious that the poster actually thought that was a good argument.

Next up: All Americans have the right to free speech except those born on a Tuesday.

All Americans have the right to peaceably assemble in states that start with "M".

All Americans have the right to worship at the Christian church of their choice. (Oh, wait ... They're actually working on that one. )

Old 12-23-2013, 02:38 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,273,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Heh, looks like Under Armour sticking with Phil and DD.

And no ones rights were violated. Explain to me whose rights were violated.

Under Armour Keeps Ties To Duck Dynasty Despite Controversy « CBS Baltimore
If A and E decides to let it go or not, no legal rights were violated. But Phil accepted their money and by defination is part of their image. They have the rights to set the rules on how he expresses himself. If he chooses to quit, good. If he chooses not to then he plays the game. That is how it works.

But the words he said were hateful and if he believes them true then he is spreading hatered. There is enough hatred. And if Under Armor wants to keep their $$$$ in a row, they are doing what companies do.

I still think he should be called on his words and not glorified as some backwoods curiosity, which he isn't anyway.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,586 times
Quote:
Phil didn't discriminate by force. A&E did.
For the love of God, they didn't discriminate. But as he is THEIR EMPLOYEE they have every right to not be associated with his views. If he doesn't like that scenario, he shouldn't have sold out for a big paycheck.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No, it doesn't.

Have you killed someone or agree with the violence they incite?
Have you been hateful?
Are you cold hearted?
We've seen senseless & ruthless
You have to be evil, you vote democrat, right?
Everyone is going to die... eventually.

I bet Phil would help you regardless if you are gay or not. All you have to do is ask.

Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,273,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right. A&E is still showing the episodes aren't they ?
They didn't fire him either..he's on "hiatus".

You have no idea what is in his contract.
It was doing the GQ interview as him, not A&E.
Point is, as it reflects on AandE, they have the right to dump him if they choose. He should not be surprised by this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies