Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:27 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
We all pay a lot more for the Iraq War, started by the redneck president who had plenty of God in his life, than for all the welfare queens put together.
There certainly wasn't any lack of God in the lives of the country during the golden age of Evangelicals under Reagan either...which also ushered in the term "welfare queen" as well.

I think some money would go a much longer way towards helping these welfare queens lol

Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Religion is a bane upon mankind.
More like the bane of your existence.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:31 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
More like the bane of your existence.
Also true in many instances.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Many of those churches aren't real churches if they are promoting sex before marriage. Most of those churches are all about the money. Real churches promote sex after marriage is the way God intended. Besides we all know most people in the ghetto don't attend church because if they did they wouldn't be sleeping around or causing crime towards their fellow man.
Lol...you don't know your country very well, do you?

Folks in the ghetto are more religious than anyone else in this country with the possible exception of Mormons.

No church teaches sex before marriage, but that sure as hell hasn't stopped it, has it?

Besides, what's wrong with sex before marriage?

If God doesn't want you having sex before marriage, then maybe he should disable your sexual proclivities until you get married.

Otherwise, it's yet ONE MORE case of him dangling temptations in front of you and knowing that you can't resist since he's omniscient, right? If he knows that I can't resist sex, then why put me in that position? And why give me congenital ability to have sex before marriage in the first place?

BTW..."most people" EVERYWHERE don't attend church. Not just in the ghetto.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...you don't know your country very well, do you?

Folks in the ghetto are more religious than anyone else in this country with the possible exception of Mormons.

No church teaches sex before marriage, but that sure as hell hasn't stopped it, has it?

Besides, what's wrong with sex before marriage?

If God doesn't want you having sex before marriage, then maybe he should disable your sexual proclivities until you get married.

Otherwise, it's yet ONE MORE case of him dangling temptations in front of you and knowing that you can't resist since he's omniscient, right? If he knows that I can't resist sex, then why put me in that position? And why give me congenital ability to have sex before marriage in the first place?

BTW..."most people" EVERYWHERE don't attend church. Not just in the ghetto.
They can't be too religious if they are having illegitimate babies and killing each other now can they? btw I lived in a ghetto area for awhile and very few of my neighbors attended church.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 01-01-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
So?

How is this GOOD or necessary? How is this progress?
I suspect you fear that you would not survive, due to not being part of the fittest.

Natural selection also includes those that mother nature deems unfit to reproduce can't conceive naturally, and extreme efforts are made to help these people conceive, even if it is done in a test tube.

Survival of the fittest has worked for every species since the first single cell life first appeared. And now man in his infinite ignorance thinks they have a better answer?

Civilization would be far more civilized if the stunning ignorance of basing so much on the superstition of fearful goat herders that didn't yet have the ability to understand nature, and without the courage to accept that they didn't know so made up stupid solutions to alleviate their fears. Problem is that stupid solutions turned out to be knowledge proof.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
They can;t be too religious if they are having illegitimate babies and killing each other now can they? btw I lived in a ghetto area for awhile and very few of my neighbors attended church.
Yes, they can be quite religious while doing all of those things. Have you ever read your Bible? Lots of murder and fornication. How many women did Solomon knock up? Or David?

Again, ghetto churches are FULL on Sundays. There is no part of this country where "most people" go to church.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes, they can be quite religious while doing all of those things. Have you ever read your Bible? Lots of murder and fornication. How many women did Solomon knock up? Or David?

Again, ghetto churches are FULL on Sundays. There is no part of this country where "most people" go to church.
Real religions teach sex before marriage is not right. Having children out of wedlock is a sin.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I suspect you fear that you would not survive, due to not being part of the fittest.

Natural selection also includes those that mother nature deems unfit to reproduce can't conceive naturally, and extreme efforts are made to help these people conceive, even if it is done in a test tube.

Survival of the fittest has worked for every species since the first single cell life first appeared. And now man in his infinite ignorance thinks they have a better answer?

Civilization would be far more civilized if the stunning ignorance of basing so much on the superstition of fearful goat herders that didn't yet have the ability to understand nature, and without the courage to accept that they didn't know so made up stupid solutions to alleviate their fears. Problem is that stupid solutions turned out to be knowledge proof.
It's cool to suspect. Are you on a board for NASA seeking funding? I'd suspect you are with that silly Freudian trash.

Seeking the "answers to the universe" is just double speak for control. The "race for space" is not "survival of the fittest"...unless, of course, you agree that humans are just a fungus on the planet and we evolved to just destroy everything. Then, yes.. I'd cede.

But this could all be controlled with a little critical thought and reason. Those are attributes that can ensure survival as well.

Your rhetoric is cute, though...I'd love to see how cool you think you are getting bent over and put into slave camps by an extraterrestrial superclass. Of course, your premise works well for you at the moment...being an apex predator within the vacuum you currently exist.

If you aren't so scared to die, how about you put that bravery to use for something much more omnipresent and direct?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:29 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
So?

How is this GOOD or necessary? How is this progress?
What? Do you want shaman yelling at the moon or to bring back child sacrifices? How can you not know whether that is progress or not? Easy question, you can. You're just denying it to see what people will say. There's a word for that. I'd use it, but it gets you banned from the forums.

However, there is a new kind of sushi recipe that just came out. It's called the T-Roll.
In a sheet of CD thread, lay down a thin layer of Faux-Rage. Place long strips of Impossibru down the center line. Mix some global warming with a nice fresh can of "This thread is gay." Get some suspension of disbelief. Layer that over the whole mess. Roll it up with a mat made of, "I've heard your arguments and they are unconvincing." Take the entire roll, and throw it in the back yard. Watch small birds peck at it, attempt to fly, fail, fall over, twitch a few times, then collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies