Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think if a public person announces to the media they are gay or lesbian?
It would make no difference to me and not impact my opinion of the celebrity 38 40.43%
I would think more of them because they are brave and honest 10 10.64%
I would be less likely to respect and watch them on TV or in the movies 23 24.47%
Because I support their rights to a homosexual lifestyle, this questionaire does not apply to me 23 24.47%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 10:03 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,137,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I don't think I want to even begin to address the utter ignorance, prejudice and lies in this post.

Where is the vomit smiley when I need it?
Ceist,
Instead of responding to what I wrote, you engage in logical fallacy adhominem attack, which is an attempt to divert attention away from your losing case, to put down the person presenting information that you don't know how to counter.

If you want to be and appear more intelligent, address the issue, instead of engage in attack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 10:05 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,137,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Please, do tell us about all the lesbians getting HIV and experiencing "anal fissures." Last I check a full 50% of gay folks are lesbians.
Lesbian statistics are more shady, since most tend to be bi-sexual, but still statistics show that those women engaging in homosexual fetishes (sexual substitutes) still spread STDs (through sex toys, oral sex), and suffer from mental illness at higher rates.

Quote:
Then, tell us more about how all gay men engage in anal sex, and how no straight people ever engage in anal sex.
Anther straw man logical fallacy you have attempted.
Obviously, you cannot stand against truth.

Quote:
YOU are a perfect example of a sex obsessed heterosexual "anti-gay," within whom a real perversion and obsession lies with sex acts that you apparently dwell upon and study for many hours a night, I'm sure. For, um, "research purposes and soul saving," I'm sure. Particularly man on man sex.

Sure is funny how that's always how it seems to work, huh?
Sure is funny how you don't know how to argue without logical fallacy.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:11 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,856,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Ceist,
Instead of responding to what I wrote, you engage in logical fallacy adhominem attack, which is an attempt to divert attention away from your losing case, to put down the person presenting information that you don't know how to counter.

If you want to be and appear more intelligent, address the issue, instead of engage in attack.
Wow, just wow.

So you're claiming another person has "diverted attention" from the issue - but it was YOU that made the giant huge post about STDs, AIDS and mental illness. NONE of which are the subject of this thread. Wow. Talk about diverting attention...

Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,419,488 times
i guess the phrase "against homosexuality" means not attending parades, demonstrations and/or yelling out to the world how awesome being gay is?

What do you think about public figures who come out as gay?

that's just it, noone thinks about them, public figures lol who cares... well except gay people who get over excited about people coming out, especially people that 99% of folks out there already know they're gay

noone cares... the "against-homosexuality" people as you call them really dont give a fk

the "against-homosexuality" people do however.. get annoyed when they are bombarded with all the tactics gay people use like trying to make the non-gay person feel like it's something wrong with them if they are not gung ho about the lifestyle

the "against-homosexuality" people laugh at you when you use fake words like "homophobic" and other silly terms once again to make it look like the "against-homosexuality" people are the ones with the problem

Old 01-22-2014, 10:24 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,244,697 times
doesn't matter, it would just be another nail in the coffin.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:26 AM

19,744 posts, read 10,180,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Sounds like someone likes to read rag mags off the rack at the store. Yes their is still child adult marriages in other countries, but that is their custom and their law, not ours. What another country does is not really a matter for us as long as it is not violating the human rights commissions laws. It was not uncommon at one time in the US that girls as young as 13 married.
Nope, not the mags off racks. The original story I read was on MSNBC. And then it was on Fox news too.
And many of these do violate the human rights commission.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 PM

670 posts, read 817,050 times
I am would never judge some one for their orientation or gender identity.

But if some one bashes bi's, gays, lesbians, or genderqueer people I will lose all respect for them in that single instance.
Similarly if a non-straight person was bashing straight people I would lose respect for them, though in all honesty I've never seen that happen before.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,511,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i guess the phrase "against homosexuality" means not attending parades, demonstrations and/or yelling out to the world how awesome being gay is?

What do you think about public figures who come out as gay?

that's just it, noone thinks about them, public figures lol who cares... well except gay people who get over excited about people coming out, especially people that 99% of folks out there already know they're gay

noone cares... the "against-homosexuality" people as you call them really dont give a fk

the "against-homosexuality" people do however.. get annoyed when they are bombarded with all the tactics gay people use like trying to make the non-gay person feel like it's something wrong with them if they are not gung ho about the lifestyle

the "against-homosexuality" people laugh at you when you use fake words like "homophobic" and other silly terms once again to make it look like the "against-homosexuality" people are the ones with the problem
The "against homsexuality" people are the ones who enact laws like DOMA and DADT, it is them that equate homosexuals to pedophiles and beastiality, it is them that say we are perverts and that our sexuality is a fetish and all of that without regards to our humanity. If they did not give a flying F, then why do they do all of that? To just get their jollies denying someone else the same equal access to what they enjoy? Yes they have a BIG PROBLEM minding their own business. I do not attend parades, except for the pony express days parade and never yell out about being gay, does that too make me anti gay? It is silly the arguements that people use to excuse their discrimination of gays.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:33 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,289,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
If you are morally against homosexuality you don't want kids who think they are gay looking up to someone who has a gay lifestyle and that morality.
That's like saying you don't want girls looking up to women because they are women.

None of us has any choice about what our race is, what our sex is, or what our sexual orientation is. These are all traits given to us by our Creator.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,412,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Ceist,

Your 'issues' have been addressed and exposed as nonsense many times on these forums. I suggest you seek help elsewhere for the real reason you are driven to keep posting them.

If you want to appear intelligent, try posting factual information from reliable sources instead of ignorant, deceitful anti-gay propaganda.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-29-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies