Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think if a public person announces to the media they are gay or lesbian?
It would make no difference to me and not impact my opinion of the celebrity 38 40.43%
I would think more of them because they are brave and honest 10 10.64%
I would be less likely to respect and watch them on TV or in the movies 23 24.47%
Because I support their rights to a homosexual lifestyle, this questionaire does not apply to me 23 24.47%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 02:12 PM

31,298 posts, read 20,827,912 times

Advertisements

This really is a useless poll. Most of us couldn't care less about what a celebrity does. And I especially don't care about their sex lives. They could be homosexual, bisexual, asexual, heterosexual, masochists, dominatrix, submissive or anything they choose.

Who cares? And why do people define themselves by their sexual preference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,278,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yeah, because two consenting ADULTS is exactly like raping a child.
Tell that to Nambla who marched with the gay groups looking for acceptance.

History can repeat itself. Pederasty has a history and it was very common in society till the Christian influence in the world condemned it.

Pederasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-07-2014, 03:05 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,857,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It still is in India and some middle eastern countries. Men routinely marry girls as young as five. A couple weeks ago, a 40 year old married a girl around 8 and killed her while having intercourse. She ruptured and bled to death.
Link?

Old 01-07-2014, 03:12 PM

19,807 posts, read 10,247,118 times
This was in Yemen, but it is also common in India and other countries.
Eight year old girl dies 24 hours after marriage to 40 year old man | Rhodies World : Rhodies World

Old 01-07-2014, 03:25 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,529,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Just look at how the media runs with the rumors when celebrities are perceived to be in the closet, recently being the NFL's Aaron Rodgers. He claims not to be gay and we should take him at his word, but if he really is gay it is his choice as to remain in the closet with the continued speculation or come out. Both choices should be equally respected.
It is called outing someone and it is wrong. I had a client of mine that knows I am gay, just bring it up in converstation with the contractor rebuilding the house across from her. Just because I am not in a closet made by society does not give her the right to tell a stranger that I am gay and to do it right in front of me too I do not know what she was thinking. I do not tell just everyone right off the bat when I meet them that I am gay. I do not act gay, I do not look gay, I do not sound gay. I do not attend gay pride events or go to clubs. I am a discrete gay man, just not in a closet. My being gay is just my sexual orientation, not my life or my job or what I do. No more than a straight person is perceived as being straight first.

Why are all of these silly nonsense threads being started about gays, equating being gay to polygamy or whatever. Why are so many straight people so obsessed with anything gay? Most of these threads are started by the anti gay army anyway.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It still is in India and some middle eastern countries. Men routinely marry girls as young as five. A couple weeks ago, a 40 year old married a girl around 8 and killed her while having intercourse. She ruptured and bled to death.
Sounds like someone likes to read rag mags off the rack at the store. Yes their is still child adult marriages in other countries, but that is their custom and their law, not ours. What another country does is not really a matter for us as long as it is not violating the human rights commissions laws. It was not uncommon at one time in the US that girls as young as 13 married.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that to Nambla who marched with the gay groups looking for acceptance.

History can repeat itself. Pederasty has a history and it was very common in society till the Christian influence in the world condemned it.

Do more research, pedastery is not pedophilea, it is adolescent and adult. Geez in some states that is a 16 year old and anyone older than 18 and my sister was 15 when she got married to a man of 19 and that was in 1966. Some states allow marriage younger than 16 still, in New York it is 14 with parental permission and interestingly, in Mississippi it is 21 with parental permission for those younger.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,113,983 times
The poll was poorly made. I support homosexuality, but if a public figure came out as gay, I'd have more respect for them for doing so. When just under half the population views homosexuality as sinful, I can't imagine coming out publicly is something that can be easily done. But like all people who show bravery and do something difficult, they deserve respect for it.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:08 PM

12,979 posts, read 14,613,641 times
So if I use the word "husband" or "boyfriend" in daily conversation when talking about my SO certain people's minds automatically focus on sex acts? WOW! I would say you best seek out some professional help for that, it's not normal to obsess over other people sex lives so much.

Old 01-07-2014, 05:11 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,278,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Do more research, pedastery is not pedophilea, it is adolescent and adult. Geez in some states that is a 16 year old and anyone older than 18 and my sister was 15 when she got married to a man of 19 and that was in 1966. Some states allow marriage younger than 16 still, in New York it is 14 with parental permission and interestingly, in Mississippi it is 21 with parental permission for those younger.
Read the link.. maybe you may learn something..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies