Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,911 times

Advertisements

Seems the law enforcement nazis are stepping up their trampling of the Constitution.

Are NY Cops using Armslist to try to develop intelligence on gun owners?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:15 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
It couldn't be because there are many illegal guns being sold online.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Any proof that illegal guns are being sold in NY via ArmsList? I find it strange how NY claims they know for a fact through investigations that thousands of guns are being sold illegally on Armslist yet I have not hear a story about any of these so called people being arrested.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:38 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Any proof that illegal guns are being sold in NY via ArmsList? I find it strange how NY claims they know for a fact through investigations that thousands of guns are being sold illegally on Armslist yet I have not hear a story about any of these so called people being arrested.

NY Times story from last April

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/17/us...ules.html?_r=0

Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,705 times
Its simple for me, I dont' sell or buy anything from anyone in Cal, or NY

Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
So is it already illegal for these people to own and/or sell and/or attempt to buy a firearm?

Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Seems the law enforcement nazis are stepping up their trampling of the Constitution.

Are NY Cops using Armslist to try to develop intelligence on gun owners?

no I don't think so, you can sell a firearm or other stuff on Armslist without putting down your name, and you can also do a remailer to be notified of any pending sale.

after reading the story, I could see how they would be doing this. the thing to do is to show up to buy the items with no ID and pay cash. always refuse to identify yourself for non firearm purchases and always refuse info to a cop without an attorney present.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Its simple for me, I dont' sell or buy anything from anyone in Cal, or NY
Too bad. I'm in California and have sold and bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of guns, ammo and shooting accesories since the 1980's through the classifieds then online. All legal. Yeah it SUCKS but I make way to much money here in Kommiefornia to leave because I have to spend a little extra time to know all the whack job laws.

I have talk many out of state FFL's and private guns owners into selling to me or buying my guns. Just needed a little extra time to educate them on the law. THANK GOD FOR Calguns.com where everything is broken down in plain english by Gun Lawyers and RKBA activists. Lots and Lots of out of state vendors and private citizens sell on there because of the huge market and ability to have all gun law questions answered. Not just California either Federal as well. FYI lots of Fed, state and local LEO's buy and sell on that site as well.

Yup miss the days of parking lot deals between to law abiding gun owners just buying and selling PROPERTY!

Oh yeah the scumbag crimminals still do it

****ing ******* Hoplophobies

Old 01-09-2014, 11:29 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Doubtful seeing as most of the guns on those sites have to be shipped to an FFL where a background check is conducted on the buyer before they get their gun. The only way they don't have to be shipped to an FFL is if it is from one NY resident to another. The implementation of the SAFE act will nip that in the bud since even private sales have to have a background check. Even ammo sales will have to have a BG check now. It's doubtful many illegal guns are being sold in NY through armslist.

That said I find the story in the article highly suspicious. You gotta remember that some people {trolls} take a certain amount of pleasure in getting others all riled up with fake stories.... then again, it's NY, so nothing would surprise me.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
You can probably expect sting operations like this to take place after April 15, which is the deadline to have your "assault weapon" registered in NY. They are expecting a big non-compliance rate so they'll get you to bring your AR and act like they wanna buy it off you and if it isn't registered, in the paddy wagon you go. Since NY will also have Universal Background Checks, you can probably expect police to get people to try and sell a gun w/o doing the checks and then slapping the cuffs on'em.

Glad I live in a state that doesn't harass it's residents like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies