Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 06:19 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You obviously have never worked with a major software project like this.

And no its not government, its software in general where the requirements vary, are vague, and there is a hard deadline, where the company is trying to maximize profit.

On time
Good quality
in budget

Pick two.

They went for on time, in budget.
And failed to accomplish either one.

As for "Good quality"... the less said, the better.

When your own attempts to make Obamacare look good, wind up making it look very, very bad....

...don't you think you should reconsider your hearty approval of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 06:25 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And failed to accomplish either one.

As for "Good quality"... the less said, the better.

When your attempts to make Obamacare look good, wind up making it look very, very bad....

...don't you think you should reconsider your hearty approval of it?

Actually, as someone who work in the technology field, I'm quite impressed by the scale of development and the speed of execution and bug fixes. Almost everyone in my field who is not a wingnut is impressed. I wish Microsoft could fix their bugs this quickly. Even Oracle couldn't pull off a smaller-scale development government project without it being late and filled with bugs. These guys outperformed Oracle.

The correct way to do things, of course, is to have beta versions, trial runs, and small releases, etc, etc. But that is not possible, you simply can't just release the site one state at a time. Unfortunately, bugs are a part of software, but considering the time it took to built such a massive thing and the little time it took to fix it and the less than 1% error rate, it's nothing short of incredible. If Obama was a tech CEO he'd have been given a bonus and his face would have been on Wire magazine. But politics will be politics...

Old 01-09-2014, 06:29 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
From your link: 2,000,000 enrolled... 13,000 "orphan files"

"Some" are having problems is right... That's a .08% error rate.
That would be great in business world.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
That would be great in business world.
Or it would be, if he'd gotten his math right.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It is such a mess. In every way, shape and form. I really do think that it was designed to fail so that they can push through single payer. They can't really be this incompetent, can they?

Close...... Obama continues to make rules that run counter to the law because he knows sooner or later a court is going to rule against him. When that happens and the entire thing collapses he can blame the courts as opposed to his administrations incompetence.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Great, another mooching freeloader living off of the rest of us paying his way if he ever gets seriously hurt.

Wait...isn't that how most conservatives describe those on welfare?

Come on t-310....don't you see the irony here at all?
Nope. See, I am one of those healthy people your hero wants on those plans to subsidize the moochers. I had what I liked cancelled. Since I was lied to, he can kiss my butt.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Freeloading leech.
See previous post.

I don't want moochers leeching off of me.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
See previous post.

I don't want moochers leeching off of me.
Do you understand how insurance works? Pleas promptly drop any insurance coverage you currently have, since you pay premiums to pay for other peoples claims.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oh then there is not a problem..................unless you are one of the 13,000 of course.
Or the other millions that have seen premiums skyrocket, or policies cancelled..

Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Nope. See, I am one of those healthy people your hero wants on those plans to subsidize the moochers. I had what I liked cancelled. Since I was lied to, he can kiss my butt.
Ya, just because you think your healthy doesn't mean squat. I was healthy as could be. Lean meats, protein, greens, 3 bottles of water a day, Cardio six days a week and at the the gym 4 days a week. No smoking or heavy drinking.

And then bam, I get told I have a precancerous tumor that had to be surgically removed, which then had to be followed up by radiation therapy. Dont be stupid and naive thinking because your healthy now that nothing can happen down the road.

On another note, this issue happens with people that have employer provided insurance. My mom is on my dad's plan. We get a notice saying she no longer had health coverage even though my dad elected her to have coverage. My mom had to spend over ten days on the phone every day to get the issue fixed. If she had been going through chemo or any type of continuous treatment, she would have been effed over.

Single payer is the only way, Im tired of dealing with the private insurance companies. To me they are like arms dealers who are trusted to broker peace between warring nations. How can you trust a company whos only motive is the bottom line, and how do you get there? By making sure the most amount of people pay in and the least amount of people get treatment. Sounds like a conflict of interest and I really don't want my health administered by a for profit company. I want choices made between me and my doc, like other countries with single payer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies