Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 12:17 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,981,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
And any other conservative pundits and politicians?

Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are not scientist. They don't even have college degrees. Yet when Rush Limbaugh yells on the radio that global warming is a lie, conservatives believe it. But why? Rush has zero qualifications on the issue.

But when 99.9% of climate scientist say that humans significantly contribute to increasing global temperature, conservatives deny it.
That's a lie. Ooops, I guess it's you who can't be trusted.

Quote:
I just don't understand what the logical rationale for this is?
No idea. Why do you lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,123,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I believe in the Theory of Evolution
I believe in the Theory of Relativity
I believe in String Theory
I believe in the mathematics that predicts 420,000 separate universes
I believe in the mathematics that predicts 16 distinct dimensions
I believe in the 'germ theory" of disease

I DO NOT believe in "global warming".

What is the difference between the former and the latter? Global warming is "junk science" that borders on a cult.

What is the difference between you and me? I have published many papers in the actual scientific literature and understand the difference between real science and junk science. You, by pulling the "D" lever in a voting booth, are not conferred with actual degrees and an understanding of the scientific literature, despite what most libs believe.
A cult where 8999 of 9000 scientist who have authored scientific papers in the last year agree that man is contributing to global warming.

Infographic: Scientists Who Doubt Human-Caused Climate Change | Popular Science

Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,416,799 times
i guess by the thread title, one can assume that individuals that label themselves conservative have no opinion on anything

and when they need an opinion they tune into am radio and/or visit a congresswomans webpage?

is this correct?

because there is absolutely no way anyone could not belive in "global warming" "climate change" "global climate warming" whatever it is currently being called

Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,289,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Anyone who disagrees with the AGW alarmists is just a blogger.
Really? Are you a blogger?

Quote:
Like Al Gore said "the science is settled".
Who cares what Al Gore says. It's what the scientists say that matter. That's why you guys are desperate to pretend they're frauds.

Quote:
What that means is they don't want to debate because they know they will lose.
If I didn't want to prove denialists wrong, I wouldn't post. And since when does whining about Al Gore and linking to other denialists saying the same thing you guys do constitute debate? You're not here to debate, you're here to propogate Republican propaganda.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times
They specialize in Eyewitness Science. They look out the window and if it's snowing in winter that proves global warming is a hoax. They also use Biblical Science to prove that the earth is only 6,000 years old.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
true enough, and i know seabass is going to come back with something like the geologist is question works for some oil company or some such garbage.
Instead of complaining about me you should wow the home audience by showing that your TV host's blog has merit as a scientific publication, or that it's claims are supported by current research. Because all you've told me so far is that someone else believes the same nonsense you do. Showing that someone believes the same nonsense you do doesn't show that it's true.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM

7,817 posts, read 6,405,698 times
Which of the hard sciences does Al Gore have an advanced degree in?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Ok the sky is falling Now What?.. I cant even get an accurate 3 day and you people are still following henny penny

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-15-2014 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-15-2014, 12:36 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,467,220 times
I wouldn't say they trust them, those pundits just tell people what they want to hear. Those who can't understand science. Like Bill said, the tides go in and out...science can't explain that...but what he should have said is that his audience is too stupid to understand it.

Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 PM

Because the alternative is to admit that their Republican masters are liars and/or buffoons, that's why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies