Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 05:07 PM

650 posts, read 515,061 times

Advertisements

Exposing youngster's to even a remote suggestion or idea of a mating connection between same gender conflicts with their education.

Including the scientific methodology both in principal and through biology, what it represents in the universe, consequence out of contrast. Also the growing learning understandings of what this world is that a youngster is born in to with their hopes and aspirations, from a little girl dragging a raggy anne doll around to a little guy charming his ma and helping his father.

An apple does not fall into its own tree but on to the ground allowing the forest and environment in the flourish of the tree and apple itself.

Setting an example of disagreeable is not an agreeable responsible thing to do for any adult esp a leader of a large group in the species which must hope in order to survive. Example of hope is how hope is able to propagate itself.

This world is infected with idea's of youngster's and sex/ All anyone needs to do is check the stats on child for sale. Even the word homosexual has no business in a growing healthy and challenged youngsters life and if not, what exactly is that business.

Ignoring the many broadcasts of crime including the gay movement itself attempting to lower the age of consent and opening your country up to this world without demonstrating to your people, that there are going to be rules would be unconscionable.This adult world seems to be un-aware of the fact that there are youngsters in the world who are important.

Last edited by alexcanter; 01-17-2014 at 06:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 05:15 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,186,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm Jewish, as are many of my friends. Should I tell them to leave their kippahs (and therefore, likely themselves) at home because they are not a part of the "norm"? When I was going through cancer, should I have been forced to wear an itchy, uncomfortable wig in public because some people thought it was "inappropriate" for a woman to be bald? After all, that's not the norm and most find someone in their early 20s with cancer MUCH more uncomfortable than a same-sex couple.

If a child is upset by two people of the same gender kissing (not making out), then the only person to blame is their parents. Levels of public displays of affection that are inappropriate are not determined by the gender, but by the content.

With all respect, I think the two situations are distinguishable for obvious reasons.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:21 PM

33,598 posts, read 18,239,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
How does the "liberal media" make a song popular? It either becomes so or it isn't.

In any event, the situation you describe of a benign pop song is not the same as kids at a playground. First, the song plays on the radio or other media. Parents have the ability to limit access to those media to children who are too small. Don't attack the right of Katy Perry's song to be heard because you are incapable of controlling your four year old.

Second, singing a pop song with merely a benign theme of homosexuality (or in the case of the song, more accurately, bisexuality), should not be cause for alarm in and of itself. The song is also, whether you want to believe it or not, a form of artistic expression whereas gyrating at the park, is not. Should we ban all of Elton John's songs due to the subject matter? How silly. Oh yeah, let's do that with Tchaikovsky since we are the 21st century Taliban. The fact that you have trouble with the BENIGN theme of a stupid pop song provides for worry. Is a song about a girl kissing a girl really that offensive to you? I think it is. It seems, therefore, that you irrationally fear homosexuality. I am all for modesty, but you seem to be far further to the right. The theme alone bothers you.

One wonders why you hold such a totalitarian mindset. Are you from the former Soviet Union where one had no civil liberties? One wonders when looking at your name, Taratova.
The liberal media loves controversy.. and the liberal media including radio jocks played the song I kissed a girl and I liked it... It rose faster than most songs as mediabase which counts the spins shot it up the charts. Also it helped that Katy Perry was the daughter of a preacher and also was a former Christian artist singing Christian contemporary songs.. so it was ripe fruit for the liberals to shoot it to the top of the charts.

Matt Lauer on show Today...had her singing it on the morning show and it was everywhere. I wouldn't want anybodies kids to hear the song. It is flat out disgusting. It is sensual and exploits deviant behavior. That is why Putin says , Leave the children in peace.In other words... Keep your hands off the minds of the little ones.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,786,786 times
Most countries in the world do not allow images like two men (or two women) kissing to display on TV.
It is some western countries who went too far.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:34 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,763,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Most countries in the world do not allow images like two men (or two women) kissing to display on TV.
It is some western countries who went too far.
yupper

Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,786,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
If the Olympics were ever held in a strict Muslim country, should all female athletes be forced to compete in burkas?
Asian Olympic Games have been held in such countries (recently, in Dubai actually), and the answer is no.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,359,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am gay and I do not think you are shoving your agenda down anyone's throat by any means. And even though I strongly detest Putin and his policies, there is a shred of truth about the need of gays to show some decorum in front of children! And I would not make the implicit false equivalency that the previous person did: that heterosexuality and homosexuality are equal. In fact, heterosexual people and heterosexuality are the "norm" whereas homosexuality is not the norm (even if it is and should be permissible under the law and normal in the sense that it occurs within a percentage of the population.)

For example, I think much of the content of gay pride parades is inappropriate for kids and wish that it would stop. Gay people should show respect to others by showing some restraint in public especially when kids can be around, e.g. not kissing in front of kids at the playground. That doesn't mean we need to be ashamed that we are different, because of who we are, it's just a tip of the hat to a greater society. That said, heterosexual people too can be guilty of sexualizing kids. Note that I am not saying public gay kissing/extreme expressions of sexuality should be a crime -- no way-- I am saying it is very bad taste and wish that gay people would come to their senses. It's common sense really.
We had kids IN the last Pride Parade up here.....they had their own float. dealing with anti-bullying. Little kids.
I you don't want your kids exposed, don't bring them. Seems simple enough. Same goes for the Mardi Gras Parade.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,359,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Putin makes sense... leave the kids alone... they can get mixed up really easy as they take on who they are in life... songs like Katy Perry singing " I kissed a girl and I like it" can mess up a young kids mind .. imagine singing that song.. really sick and of course it was number 1 for six weeks thanks to the liberal media.
I kissed a girll and I did like it. I didn"t wait for that stupid song to give me permission.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,179,989 times
Quote:
The liberal media loves controversy.. and the liberal media including radio jocks played the song I kissed a girl and I liked it... It rose faster than most songs as mediabase which counts the spins shot it up the charts. Also it helped that Katy Perry was the daughter of a preacher and also was a former Christian artist singing Christian contemporary songs.. so it was ripe fruit for the liberals to shoot it to the top of the charts.

Matt Lauer on show Today...had her singing it on the morning show and it was everywhere. I wouldn't want anybodies kids to hear the song. It is flat out disgusting. It is sensual and exploits deviant behavior. That is why Putin says , Leave the children in peace.In other words... Keep your hands off the minds of the little ones.
Maybe Putin shoud spend more time worrying about the heroin addiction problem is Russia and how this might affect, influence and disturb the peace the children.

Quote:
REUTOV, Russia -- Nikolai Leonov was walking through this Moscow suburb with his 2-year-old daughter when the toddler bent down and picked up a bloodied syringe from the grass. "I snatched it away from her a second before she could hurt herself," Leonov said, still shaken days later.

Russia Drug Abuse Top Problem, According To Poll
Quote:

Death by Indifference: AIDS and Heroin Addiction in Russia

UNAIDS also reports that 1.8 million Russians are current injection drug users. “Unscientific” is the kindest word one can use to describe the few drug treatment options that are available; public education about HIV and AIDS is almost nonexistent. Opiate substitution therapies such as methadone maintenance—the gold standard of heroin addiction treatment—are illegal.

In recent months, Russia has rejected millions of dollars from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, largely because it doesn’t want to follow international protocols for fighting HIV/AIDS, such as distributing clean needles to injection drug users. Nongovernmental organizations that advocate harm reduction strategies—needle exchanges, providing condoms to sex workers—face police harassment and criminal penalties.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/a...diction-russia

Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,948,184 times
Quote:
Putin makes sense... leave the kids alone... they can get mixed up really easy as they take on who they are in life... songs like Katy Perry singing " I kissed a girl and I like it" can mess up a young kids mind .. imagine singing that song.. really sick and of course it was number 1 for six weeks thanks to the liberal media.
Imagine how mixed up I was growing up seeing all these images of straights kissing and having sex on TV (all the time, everyday) and listening to boy bands like NKOTB singing "Be my Girl" and "Please don't go girl"

In the end, fortunately for me I still ended up "In the Navy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies