Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So Hillary's husband is a player and Ran Paul's son is a violent drunk

Which one is worse??

Nothing wrong with drunks as long as they are not stupid drunks
Well, I am not defending Paul's son, but the airline served an underage teen, What was Bill's excuse as a full grown adult male? I do agree though, that none of this should reflect on Hillary or Rand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Prove Rand Paul is a liar.
He isn't and they can find nothing negative about him, so they pick on his family. What's next?

Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,957,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
They didn't just protect Bill. The Democrats and the media actively trashed women who had been violated by Bill. Clinton paid Paula Jones $850,000 for sexually harassing her. And she's just one of a long line of women who have accused Clinton of harassment/assault. And I'm sure the way those who came forward were completely trashed scared others away from telling their story.

The irony of the Dems screaming "War on Women" while the stalwarts of their party have been a Senator who murdered a mistress and a President who is a serial sexual harasser.
It doesnt take a genuis to figured out who "outted" Herman Cain. It was far more advantageous for a (R) to have done so durring the primaries.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Agreed. I voted for the guy twice, but I don't want him back in the White House. He disgraced the office and brought shame on his family.

I do have to wonder if Rand Paul is as pure as snow, however. I suspect his morality is selectively applied.
He brought shame with women before he got to the White House but the D's overlook it. However, let's not make Hillary a saint because she stood by her man.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:43 AM

33,594 posts, read 18,220,701 times
Hillary made it plain she is not a cookie baker. Hillary also made it plain that she is no Tammy Wynette "STAND BY YOUR MAN" kind of woman.

Can anyone deny she lived up to her words?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let the mud slinging begin.

I voted for Rand's father twice because I agreed with his views, and because he stayed away from the mud slinging.

No thanks to Rand I have seen enough mud slinging.
From the article---

Quote:

However, Paul said former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shouldn’t be
judged by her husband’s actions, and it likely wouldn’t be an issue if she
decides to run for president in 2016.

“But, I think, it is a factor in judging Bill Clinton in history,” he
said.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,957,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
From the article---
Quote:

However, Paul said former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shouldn’t be
judged by her husband’s actions, and it likely wouldn’t be an issue if she
decides to run for president in 2016.

“But, I think, it is a factor in judging Bill Clinton in history,” he
said.

Gee, Im running for president, Hillary is running for president...but me brining up Bill has nothing to do with 2016. Gee whiz.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 AM

14,009 posts, read 5,664,056 times
Bad road to travel down. Couple reasons:
  1. Bill Clinton is in increasingly poor health, thus improving his sympathetic victim cred
  2. Bill Clinton is increasingly involved charities related to health and wellness, thus improving his nice guy cred.
  3. Bill Clinton is shockingly affable in the face of insults, thus evoking memories of Obama v McCain in 2nd and 3rd debate of 2008.
  4. The media is still in love with Bill Clinton
So if Paul follows this tactic all the way, it's his Waterloo. The media will terrorize him for picking on the saintly Bill Clinton and by extension, his remarkable, strong, resilient wife who stuck by him during even the worst trials and tribualtions blah blah. If he goes negative vs the Clintons, he loses, and he loses huge.

Whoever is Rand Paul's chief strategist should be advising him to run against the status quo of big government that BOTH PARTIES are guilty of that hasn't gotten us anywhere. If he said in a debate "you know, my opponent keeps bringing the failure of one or more Republican policies...and she's right, they've failed just as badly as the Democrat version of the same plan that is only marginally different, but just as foolhardy. What I am proposing is smaller, more streamline dgovernment that neither party seems to embrace, even after their policies have failed for 50 years." It brings you back to the real problem, gets out of a trench war with the Clintons that you will never win, and gives independents and centrists hope that maybe finally someone gets it.

But if he keeps mudslinging, he's going down and down hard.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
From the article---
He is a mud slinger. Whatever else he said later doesn't change the fact.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Gee, Im running for president, Hillary is running for president...but me brining up Bill has nothing to do with 2016. Gee whiz.
I don't know that he volunteered the info and blurted it out, it probably some how was asked to him by someone. I would love to know how Bill Clinton came up in the conversation, but the way the news media twists everything who knows what went on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies