Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 10:00 AM

804 posts, read 619,175 times

Advertisements

And there you are transplanting your individual situation in your unique hometown to the entire nation. Where I live certfied teachers have a hard time finding a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Early retirement here..no medicare.
I have a kid in college although he's not living at home.

If they have NO jobs then subbing brings in money, does it not ?
Subbing does not involve long term commitment while you look for a job.
You can tell them you can't sub and you won't get "fired".

And here you are making excuses for people you don't even know.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
Do you have always state the obviuos? Of course if better paid jobs were available people wouldn't bother working lower paid jobs. Jeez.
It takes more than "better paying jobs" for people to get better paying jobs.
Speaking proper English, no criminal records, a decent appearance all play a big part.

You walk into a FF place looking all gangsta with your "homies" in tow and you are NOT getting that job no matter how desperate the store is for workers

But if you live in your middle class bubble and only read biased MSM articles you'd never know would you ?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:02 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
And there you are transplanting your individual situation in your unique hometown to the entire nation. Where I live certfied teachers have a hard time finding a job.
oh...where is that

because there is a teacher SHORTAGE nation wide

Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
You must be urban. Do you live in a liberal urban city per chance ?

I'm not the only one living out here.
The town has over 5K people.
The jobs are there if they applied but they aren't applying.

And over 80% of the kids in school are on free lunch..not reduced mind you but FREE.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,579,129 times
Quote:
How is consumption of manure a "product" ?

This discussion is beyond hilarious.
Glad you notice that. Do you understand now productivity means nothing if it doesn't produce value? If you work hard but don't produce more value, it's just like consuming more manure, it's meaningless and ridiculous, and doesn't deserve any raise.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
?? If they can find better job, why need to raise the minimum wage?
For the same reason it has been raised before, to keep up with inflation.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
For the same reason it has been raised before, to keep up with inflation.
In what world is there a rule saying wage must keep up with the inflation?

Old 02-04-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
In what world is there a rule saying wage must keep up with the inflation?
Many countries adjust their wages to keep up with inflation. This country has raised minimum wage with the attempt to keep up with inflation....I am guessing the third world country you grew up in didn't do this....which might explain why it was and still is a third world country.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Many countries adjust their wages to keep up with inflation. This country has raised minimum wage with the attempt to keep up with inflation....I am guessing the third world country you grew up in didn't do this....which might explain why it was and still is a third world country.
They do that for political reason not for sound economic or business reason. If it's a sound business idea, raising it to $100/hour would make everybody rich.

It's just like the law against price gouging. It helps nobody but it's a political thing to do and "feels good".

If you say the real purpose of raising the minimum wage is to gather more voters for the Democrats, I am with you 100%.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
They do that for political reason not for sound economic or business reason. If it's a sound business idea, raising it to $100/hour would make everybody rich.

It's just like the law against price gouging. It helps nobody but it's a political thing to do and "feels good".

If you say the real purpose of raising the minimum wage is to gather more voters for the Democrats, I am with you 100%.
That is your opinion, and no one wants to raise minimum wage to $100/hr, that is just stupid to even say that. It is the common argument you use when you don't have an argument.

Raising the minimum wage is to make sure it is attempting to keep up with inflation. There is nothing "feel good" about that. "Feel good" would be raising the minimum wage to $100/hr.

So does that mean to get rid of minimum wage is the sole purpose of Republicans to gain more votes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies